Status: New :)

Let It Roll

Goodbye Temple, Hello LA.

I sighed as I took one last look around my room. It was once covered in photographs, band posters, and other random artwork but was now bare, revealing my pale yellow walls. I had been living in this room my whole life, so it was kind of sad for me to be leaving it. There were so many memories in this room: good, bad, and just plain horrible. Some of my favorites though have to do with my brother: from us staying up way too late watching cartoons and whatever movie we made our mom rent, to the long nights of him trying to comfort me when our parents would fight. Or even us trying to cram for a test the next day at school.

But I know there’s one memory that will stick with me till the day I die.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” I heard my mom ask from behind me.

I chuckled. “Yeah, I was just thinking about the time in the fourth grade when Ian Jacobs came over, and I broke his nose because he kissed me and then touched my nonexistent boob.”

“Well that boy deserved what he got,” she laughed to herself. “Come on, Liam’s waiting for you downstairs.”

“I’ll be right down.” I smiled at her and turned back to my room, looking around one last time.

“Goodbye Temple, hello LA,” I said to myself as I left my room, closing the door behind me and making my way downstairs. Once I had made it down the stairs, I saw out the screen door that both my mom and Liam were standing by the U-haul, and his Black Ford Super Duty.

Which I was pretty much in love with; sure I may be a girl, but girls can like big manly trucks too.

This was it, after 21 years in this house I was finally able to get out on my own. I remember as soon as my 16th birthday hit, I was going to save every penny I had and one day move to a big city and make something of myself like my brother did. But that was then, and now I had no idea what I wanted. The last two years I took classes at the local community college, so I would have some credits for when I decided to go back to school.

If, I ever go back to school…

The best thing about all of this is that my mom and brother are really supportive of me.

I stepped outside into the hot sun and smiled. I always loved being in the sun, as much as any night owl could.

“Ready to go?” Liam asked once he spotted me on the porch. I was getting ready to reply when a junked-up green Saab skidded to a stop in front of my house. I laughed as I saw by best friend Leila practically fall out of her car in a hurry.

“Roe, wait!” she exclaimed once she got up and quickly made her way towards me.

“Lie, shouldn’t you be in Ohio right now with your grandma?” Liam asked with a raised eyebrow.

See, the thing was Leila was supposed to help Liam move me in to my new apartment in LA. We all thought it would be an awesome idea for the three of us to have a road trip together while I moved away and before Liam left for boot camp in two weeks.

“She said I can fly out after we get you moved in,” she said with a bright smile. “Liam, would you be a doll and…” She was cut off when she saw that he was already pulling her stuff out of her car.

I rolled my eyes and looked at my mom who was leaning up against the truck. I was really going to miss her, and I know she was really going to miss me, but she knew this was something that would be good for me.

I walked over to her, and she pulled me into a hug, “I have a few things I want you to do for me,” she said, letting go a little so she was able to look at me. “One, call me as soon as you get there. Two, please let Leila drive at some point. Three, don’t get into too much trouble, please.”

“Okay to the first two,” I told her. “As for the last thing, I’ll try, but don’t count on it,” I added with a grin which made her smile and kiss me on the top of the head.

“Fine, just don’t call me saying you need to be bailed out of jail.” I laughed and gave her one last hug and a kiss on the cheek. “I’m serious, Monroe.”

“I know, Mom. I love you,” I said while getting into the driver seat of Liam’s truck, Leila got in next to me, while Liam hopped into the U-haul.

“I love you, too,” she said, taking a step back. “And be careful!”

Once we were out of sight of my house, I glance at Leila and she was giving me a knowing look. “You love that you get to drive this truck, don’t you?”

I gave her a big goofy grin, “You have no idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This part might look familiar, but cause it is just very edited.
Its a new story i'm trying out with a friend of mine, and we really hope you like it :)