Heartbeats And White Sheets

East Coast Blues

Wednesday nights usually consist of coming home from school, doing some random stuff for a couple hours, homework, and then going to sleep. That continues every wednesday for about 52 weeks out of the year. But in the summertime there is never a schedule. On wednesday I can do whatever i feel like doing.
It was one paticular Wednesday in the end of July. I had just got home from a quick vacation on the east coast and was now back to my boring house, it seemed as if every minute lasted an hour, and hours lasted days. It was a futile cycle of internet, doing stuff, and going to sleep. Especially because of the jetlag. There was a knock on the door and I jumped, not used to people actually coming over since I'd been a hermit for the past week.

"HEY!!!" My friend Danielle jumped through the door, my face getting buried in her long black hair, and faint perfume. Was that cologne I smelled also? I'd have to ask her about that. "How was the east coast?"

"It was alright. I mean I ate a lot of ice cream and did historical museum things with my parents, and my brother." In all honesty I go to the east coast every summer. Our house in Maine is the epitome of boring. It's on a lake, which means mosquitos, so I'm constantly lathered up in a thick layer of bug spray. They still bite and I end up looking like a burn victim. But Danielle doesn't want to hear me complain, since I'm pretty sure that's all I do.

"Haha! Sounds like a blast…" She sarcastically sways her hips and walks over to my fridge and peeks inside, "Fruit, fruit, cheese, meat…god why is your family so healthy. Don't you have any pudding or anything?" It was a miracle she was so skinny. She ate crap all the time and still remained 120 lbs at 5'6". I weighed the same, but my eating habits were a tad fucked up.

"Nope! No pudding for you!" I laughed and shut the fridge, "What do you think we should do today? You don't understand how bored I am."

"We can go over to Jason's and take advantage of his new stash." She wiggles her eyebrows and looks at me suggestively, "you know you want to, it's been 4 weeks…."

"I just fucking hope my new school doesn't drug test me when I get there.." After I said that I remembered I hadn't told her about my new school, fuck.

"Your what?!" she nearly jumps ontop of me.

"nothing! Haha I was joking! Lets go over to Jasons pronto before he does it all. You know he's a little bitch." Jason was a little bitch, in my book. All he did was lay around the house and since his parent's were always away on exotic vacations to Tahiti and Lithuania he basically lived alone. He never voiced any complaints about his parents never being home, but sometimes if you looked in his puppy dog eyes long enough you could tell that he just wanted to be loved. But now his eyes were always red and cloudy, so if you looked long enough, all you saw was your inquisitive reflection.

We got in Danielle's lime green VW bug and headed to his house. I should say mansion though. I forgot to say, Jason's loaded. His pad is the size of 6 normal sized houses put together in a artistic and baroque way. It's creepy in a way, especially the artwork. Danielle's bug creaks into action and Pierce The Veil is blasting.

"You said you stopped listening to them, liar!"

"Wow it's not like you did…"

"Never said I did because I love them. I would so date Vic in a heartbeat." I said this because it was true. I met him at warped tour, and i wanted to kiss him right there even though he was dripping sweat in the 90ºF weather.

"I think you would just date any band guy"

"Not true."

"Whatever you say Skylar…" her voice was dripping with sarcasm and I hated that tone, but I couldn't retaliate. It's not like I would date any band guy though, I have standards for dating. Hooking up? Well whatever floats my boat for the night. I just make sure never to give out my phone number.