Status: Work in progress.

Anthology.

Rainy Day.

The rain fell hard on the windows of Kaitlyn and John's two story house. Kaitlyn hopelessly stared out the window waiting for the rain to go away. She sat against the window with a pink fleece blanket around her. John sat on the couch in the living room, a beer in one hand and the TV remote in the other. After a commercial had played, he glanced over at Kaitlyn sitting alone by the window. John took a sip of beer and placed it on the coffee table. He turned off the TV and walked up to Kaitlyn. He put his arms around her waist holding her; his head on her shoulder.
"Everything is ruined. We can't go to 6 Flags anymore all because of this stupid damn rain." Kaitlyn pouted.
John frowned. He sat down beside her and pulled her into his lap. She lay her head down on his chest, still looking out the window, but also listening to his heart beat. It had been the first day of rain in Arizona since a few months now. They both planned to go to 6 Flags a few days ago, and they were looking forward to it until this rain. John plants soft kisses on her forehead and her neck, knowing that that usually calms her.
"I know babe, I'm pretty bummed about it, too. We can go tomorrow or when it's a sunny day. Please don't be sad."
He cupped her cheeks, facing her towards him. He gave her a long kiss, roughly on her lips. Kaitlyn fluttered her eyelashes shut and just laid back; listening to the sound of his soothing heart beat. He lay his head on hers and gently closed his eyes shut. Before he knew he was about to fall asleep, he checked to see if she was awake. She had already dozed off in his arms. He stood up, cradling her in his arms. John walked toward the couch and placed her on it. She blinked a few times before she looked around realizing she had moved from the windowsill to the couch.
"Kaitlyn baby, what do you want to do?" John asked.
"Can I have a beer?"
"Yes," He chuckled. "I'll be right back."
As john walked toward the kitchen, Kaitlyn heard John's footsteps against the tile floor. He came back with one cold Bud Light in his hand.
"Here, babe." He handed her the beer and finished up his from the coffee table.
"Thanks, darling." She twisted off the cap and took a big gulp. It stung her throat a little, but she didn't mind.
"Wanna watch a movie?" He suggested.
"Actually, yeah. Let's watch Home Alone!"
"Ha-ha. alright. I'll put it in."
John walked toward the DVD player and put in the disc. It wasn't really cooperating with him, so John started getting frustrated. Even from behind, Kaitlyn still thought he looked adorable. He was wearing his black and white baseball tee and some dark skinny jeans- Her favorite outfit of his.
"Fuck. Stupid damn DVD player!" John shouted.
Kaitlyn loved it when John would get frustrated. She thought it made him more sexier, more manly. She giggled. "Baby, it's okay. I'm glad you tried though."
He turned around, glancing at her. He took one last look at the DVD player and gave up. John stood up, sighed, and ran his finger through his slightly messy-styled hair, looking at Kaitlyn. She smiled at him, then patted the couch cushion next to her gesturing him to come sit. John walked toward the couch and took a seat. Kaitlyn scooted close to him, laid her hear on one shoulder and used one hand to rub the other shoulder. Her other hand laid softly on his chest.
"At least you tried." She grinned.
"But now that the DVD player won't work, there's nothing to do!"
"I have an idea..." She said.
She wrapped her fingers around his neck and connected her lips with his. He pulled her onto his lap, their lips still attached. Her fingers ran through his hair as he rubbed her back, up and down. He kissed her neck and shoulders, making her shiver.The rain was loud, but soothing at the same time; they hardly paid attention to the sound of it. Kaitlyn nibbled at his ear, she knew it teased him. Kaitlyn was wearing John's white V-neck, that he was aiming on taking off of her. Once he lifted it up at diaphragm, she stopped him.
"Upstairs. Bedroom." She whispered.
He smiled, and gave her a rough kiss. He carried her upstairs, still locking lips, and into their bedroom, they went.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's all I could think of for now, haha. Feedback? :) How was this one? better than the beach day? :) you tell me!