Status: Work in progress.

Anthology.

Birthday.

It was August 4th. Kaitlyn woke up to the sound of soft snoring right behind her ear. She looked up to see John asleep, his arms around her waist and one leg over hers. The blanket was wrapped around the two, embracing them together. 'Hmm... I think John put the blanket around us last night after I fell asleep. What a cutie.' Kaitlyn thought. She looked up to her left and at the alarm clock. '9:47', it read. Today was the day of John's 24th birthday. Kaitlyn gave John a soft kiss on the lips and crawled out of bed, trying not to wake him up. She felt so comfortable in his 'Kurt' shirt and his red plaid boxers. When Kaitlyn closed the bedroom door shut, she walked downstairs and into the kitchen. She washed her hands and decided to make John the perfect Bed 'N Breakfast before he woke up. 'What should I make?' She asked herself.
She finally decided on what to make: chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream, hashbrowns as a side, and a small bowl of fresh fruit. Kaitlyn knew this would take a while, so she got to work quickly.
After slicing, dicing, chopping, stirring, and all of the mixing, she finally prepared the best breakfast. The chocolate chips were golden brown (chocolate still melted), the hashbrowns were perfectly crispy, and the fresh fruit were bright and juicy. Kaitlyn was very proud of herself, so she started to put everything on a small breakfast table set to bring up to the bedroom. After putting everything on the table set, she quickly remembered to pour him a glass of orange juice. 'Hopefully he will love it..' She thought, while biting her lip. It was quite a challenge for her to carry everything upstairs quietly by herself, but she managed. She opened up the bedroom door, and quietly said, "Goodmorning, birthday boy."
John rubbed his eyes and mumbled words she couldn't make out.
"I made you breakfast."
John opened one eye at her and smiled. He yawned, and then propped a few pillows behind him to sit up.
"I hope you enjoy this breakfast I made. Happy birthday baby." Kaitlyn said, then kissed him on the lips.
"Thank you, babe. It looks delicious. Wanna have some?" John asked, while stuffing his face with pancake slices.
"Nah, baby. It's your birthday breakfast!" She replied.
"Have a bite of your delicious hashbrown." John said, his mouth half-full.
Before she could politely say no, he stabbed his fork into the hashbrown and injected it into her mouth.
"You're a great cook, babe." John stated.
"I guess, but don't give me anymore. Enjoy every bit of that breakfast I made you!"
"I love you. Thank you." John said.
"Anytime. I'm gonna go shower, remember that later we have your birthday dinner. I reserved Olive Garden for your family and I to go at 5. I already gave them a call, so they know when to come." Kaitlyn said, as she got a towel ready for her shower.
"You're amazing, you know that, right, Kaitlyn?"
Kaitlyn laughed.
"Eat up, babe." She said.

After Kaitlyn got out of the shower, with a towel wrapped around her, she went into her closet that John and her share. She closed the door and dropped her towel, thinking John wouldn't come in. As she was searching for clothes to wear, she heard the doorknob twist. She wrapped the towel back around herself and John came in.
"That was close... I was naked! Knock before you come in!" She said, and playfully hit his chest.
John laughed, "Sorry, babe. I was bored while you were in there showering, so I came up to see what you were doing but I guess you were naked. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get up here fast enough to catch you in action..."
The both of them shared a good chuckle.
"Well, now that you're up here, help me pick out an outfit for what to wear. It's your birthday day, so you can pick."
"Hmm..." John thought.
He searched through her side of the closet, looking through her shoes, dresses, tops, and bottoms.
"Well, I like this lace-trim bra with the matching panties, and this plaid shirt with these shorts. But, don't wear the plaid shirt and shorts." He said.
"John, then I wouldn't be wearing anything at all but undergarments!"
"...Exactly." He winked.
She laughed and then said,"Get outta here, I guess i'll find something without your help!"
She playfully shoved him out the closet and closed the door, locking it.
"C'mon, babe! I can help you find something. Really, this time!"
"Nope." She responded.
After rummaging through her clothes, she found the perfect outfit. It was her black fitted dress from Victoria's Secret.She had saved this dress, waiting for a good time to wear it. The 1 inch straps that held the dress up were all rhinestone, laying perfectly on her shoulders. It ended midway from her thighs, so a little under her fingertips. 'This is perfect.' She thought.
Kaitlyn found some matching black pumps and slipped them on.
"Come out, babe! I'm so bored. I'm the birthday boy, remember?" John whined, while banging on the door.
Kaitlyn laughed. "I'm just planning my outfit for tonight, it's a surprise!"
She quickly took it off and slipped into a pair of denim high-waisted shorts and a Led Zeppelin tank top.
Kaitlyn opened the closet door to see John laying down on the bed, watching TV.

As she exited the closet, John shot his head to his left, to see Kaitlyn standing there in clear view.
"You look gorgeous as ever, babe." John said extending his arms out gesturing Kaitlyn to come over.
She giggled, "Why thank you. Might I add that you are the most perfect man in the entire world?" She then smirked resting her arms around his neck.
John grinned his sexy grin, "Only for you, babe. Only for you."
She smiled a big smile, as John leaned forward to close the gap between them with his lips. As her lips were moving in sync with his, John held on to her hips and flipped her over so he was straddling ontop. His hands intertwined in her hair, as her hands held on to his upper arms.
Kailtyn broke away from the kiss first, as John kissed her ear and neck, "Babe," she said.
"Mmhmm?" John replied nibbling on her ear.
"Come. I want to take you somewhere."
John stared down at her with a raised eyebrow, "Where?"
"It's a surprise," she said sweetly.

As they headed to the car, Kaitlyn took out a blindfold, "Here, put these on."
"Blindfolds?" John questioned.
She laughed, "Thank you, Mr. Obvious. Yes! Put them on!"
"..alright." John said nervously as he put them on. "I CAN'T SEE! Babe, help me." John pouted.
Then turning around, extending his arms to the opposite direction of Kaitlyn.
She giggled, "First, I'm over here. Second," she paused. "I would love to."
Kaitlyn held onto Johns hands as she lead him to the passenger seat. "Careful," she warned.
As he got in, she ran around the car and hopped in. Starting the engine she started to drive to her destination.
"Please, babe. This waiting is killing me. Please, oh please, tell me where were going?" John asked tilting his head to one side staring at her through the blindfold.
"Shh! Were almost there!"

They finally arrived, after an hour drive. She got out of her seat and headed over to help John.
"You look adorable with blindfolds on you know?" She giggled.
"You should try them. Say.. tonight?" John winked behind the blindfolds.
Kaitlyn knew he winked, and slapped him on his arm, "Shut up, O'Callaghan!"
They both laughed as Kaitlyn failed to direct John to the mystery place.
First, Kaitlyn didn't warn him about a step, so he stumbled. Second, John stubbed his foot on a rock, "Ow!" And third, Kaitlyn was so excited that she forgot he was blindfolded and John bumped into a tree.
"Shit, sorry!" Kaitlyn apologized.
John laughed, "You suck at this, sweetheart."
"But you still love me."
"Always."

"Were here!" Kaitlyn exclaimed.
"Can I take the blindfold off now?" John asked.
She laughed, "Yes! Of course!"
As John took them off, he first saw a huge lake, with rock pebbles around it. To his left, he saw a picnic table decorated with red and white checkered sheets, and a vase full of flowers in the middle. He glanced to his right, to see a huge field of green grass and flowers. They were alone, with noone else around.
"My parents use to take me here to picnics when I was younger. I never told anyone about it.. I call this the 'Perfect Getaway'. I know, it's stupid.." she giggled.
Speechless, John managed to speak, "..wow, this is amazing." He said looking around.
He locked his eye in hers, "This is a 'Perfect Getaway'." John smiled, then noticing a basket in her hands.
"I guess were having a picnic, huh?" He asked taking the basket from her. "Woah! What do you have in here?"
"Oh.. you know. Picnic stuff," she grinned.

As they sat at the table, Kaitlyn took out two plates, potatoe salad, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, two cups and a bottle of sparkling apple juice.
Once she filled the cups with apple juice, she held her cup in the air. "To my, John. Happy birthday, baby!"
They clinked cups and both took a sip.
"Dig in!" Kaitlyn clapped her hands as she scooped potatoe salad on their plates.
Once finished, Kaitlyn cleared the table. "I have a present for you," she said bending down, taking a blue box out of the basket.
"For you, my love." She smiled pushing the box across the table to John.
"What is it?" John asked.
"Open it!" Kaitlyn couldn't wait any longer and pushed the box closer to John.
He carfully untied the bow, and lifted up the cover. A white envolope with black cursive writing sat ontop of white tissue paper. It read, "John Cornelius O'Callaghan V".
He opened it up and took the card out.
"Happy 24th Birthday, John! I love you with all my heart, hope your wishes come true! Love, Kaitlyn."
A smile crept up on Johns face as he read it. Looking up, Kaitlyn was staring at him nervously smiling.
As he took out the tissue paper, there laid a Tom Petty, a Ryan Admas and a Kurt Cobain vinyl record. John's jaw dropped as he looked through them. He was speechless yet again.
"What... how.. t-thank you!" John said leaping up, making his way to Kaitlyn and kissed her lips - hard.
"You are they most amazing girlfriend ever. Thank you so much. How can I ever repay you?" He asked.
Kaitlyn took a second to think, "Run in the field with me?" She smiled.
"After you ma'lady." And they both frolicked around the field hand in hand laughing.

hey spent the whole afternoon chasing each other in the flowery field, until John finally grabbed her from behind and spun her around.
"Babe, we've been running around for 1 hour! I think we should head back home to get ready for the dinner. And, I'm quite tired from chasing after you. Those long, beautiful legs are so fast I can barely keep up!" John said.
He pulled her in for a kiss as she tugged on his bottom lip. Their foreheads were touching, and it was silent. Their insides felt warm when they would just stare into each others eyes.
"Okay. Let's head back." Kaitlyn said.
"Wait, wait. I have something to give you." John walked a few inches away.
Kaitlyn looked a little confused and asked,"What is it?"
John bent down and picked up the perfect flower for Kaitlyn. It was a white Glorious Gardenia(white flower).
He smiled at it, and handed it to Kaitlyn.
"This is for you. It has 6 big petals: The first one represents our strong love. The second represents our passion," John stated, while Kaitlyn smiled."The third is for our memories. The fourth is for our luck, to pull through any hard times. The fifth represents compassion. And last, but not least, the 6th represents our good future together, ahead of us."
Kaitlyn smiled, and kissed John hard on the lips. He brushed the hair off her face and placed the flower behind her ear.
"I love you. So much!" She stated.
He kissed her one more time, and they walked to the car together; fingers laced.

The two got back to their house at around 3:30, leaving them just enough time to get ready.
"Babe, go shower. I'll have your outfit planned for tonight, and I'll leave it on your bed. You have no time to waste. I'm gonna go curl my hair and do my make up." Kaitlyn said while walking upstairs.
John flashed her a smile and headed to the bathroom to shower.
While John was in the bathroom, Kaitlyn found the perfect outfit for John: A thin, jean button-up with black suspenders and skinny jeans, and a pair of black Vans.
'He is gonna look so hot.' Kaitlyn thought.
Kaitlyn placed the outfit on the bed, just in time. John came in with a towel wrapped around his waist, and it left Kaitlyn craving for him.
"Get dressed, I picked it out!" Kaitlyn said, sitting on her knees on the center of the bed.
She flashed him a big bright smile as he buttoned up his shirt.
"I'm gonna go put my make up on. If you need me, I'll be in the bathroom."
"Okay. I want to see what you're gonna wear though!"
"You'll see later!"
John frowned and Kaitlyn made her way to the bathroom.
Kaitlyn pulled out her phone and called Pat. As it rang, she put it on speaker and applied her eyeshadow.
"Hello? Kaitlyn?" Pat answered.
"Hey, Pat! Okay, so you still remember to come to the birthday dinner with the rest of the boys, right?" Kaitlyn asked, while blending all the brown colors on her eyelids.
"Yeah yeah yeah. Garrett, Jared and Ken are with me now. Suprisingly, we're all ready. Does John know we're gonna be there?"
Kaitlyn shook her head. "Nope, and we're gonna keep it that way. It's a suprise, and John thinks we're gonna go to Olive Garden with just his family.... Little does he know that y'all are gonna be there! Then I'm gonna give him his final present. What'd y'all get him?"
"You'll see when we get there. Aye, I have to go, Jared is gonna teach all of us how to wrap a present. See ya later alligator!" Pat said.
Kaitlyn applied her lipstain and started to curl her hair. She heard a knock on the bathroom door, and John came in.
"Who were you on the phone with babe?" John asked, while wrapping his arms around her waist and looking at her in the mirror.
"Um... uh, Ross... He wanted me to tell you Happy Birthday!" She said, blushing. It was hard lying to John. He knew her so well, she felt like he could see through her eyes.
"But he could've called me... Oh well, what a dumbass."
They both grinned, and kissed Kaitlyn on the lips from behind.
"You look hot." Kaitlyn said.

"Me? You!" John said, while pointing to Kaitlyn.
"John, I'm not even dressed yet..."
"You're still the most beautiful girl ever."
John tried kissing Kaitlyn again, but she stopped him.
"Babe, watch out, this curling iron is hot!" She warned him.
"Like you." He winked.
"We're leaving in 25 minutes. Will you be ready?"
"I'm already dressed, so I'm ready. Imma be downstairs watching TV while you do your womanly things."
He laughed and slapped her butt.
"Oh, get outta here O'Gallaghan!" Kaitlyn said while laughing.
John left and went downstairs. Kaitlyn curled her last piece of hair, unplugged the iron and put on her dress. She slipped on her pumps and looked at her reflection in the full-body mirror.
She felt confident in that dress, it gave her somewhat curves.
Kaitlyn continued downstairs and into the living room. John was sitting on the couch, his eyes made its way from the TV to Kaitlyn.
"Holy hell... This is why I'm fucking happy to call you my girlfriend..."
"Oh, shut up. Thanks," she smiled. "Ready to go?"
"Hell yeah, I'm hungry. Let's go."
They made their way into the car. John drove out of the driveway and into the street.
"Olive Garden on West Elliot Road, right?" John asked.
"Yep. We're gonna be there a little bit late, but your mom said she already has the table and their waiting."
"Sounds good."
John placed his hand on Kaitlyn's thigh, and Kaitlyn held onto his thumb.
Kaitlyn's phone buzzed. It was a text from Kennedy: Hey. Where r u guys? We're at the table w/ John's family.
Kaitlyn pulled away her hand from John's and replied: We'll be there in 5 mins. Keep his parents company.
The two arrived at Olive Garden and walked in.
"Okay, babe. I have a suprise for you, but you're gonna have to close your eyes, okay?"
"Again?" John whined, and he closed his eyes.
Kaitlyn led him to the table with the bandmates and John's family. Kaitlyn put her finger to her lips gesturing a "Shh" motion. They gave her a thumbs up.
"What's going on, babe?" John asked.
Kaitlyn mouthed "One, two, three" and on three, everyone yelled "Suprise!" And John opened his eyes.

John's jaw dropped, "Wait.. who.. what?"
Kaitlyn clapped her hands. John turned to face her, "You did this?" he asked.
She nodded, "Surprise, baby."
"You. Are. Amazing." he said inbetween kisses.

Jenny and John O'Callaghan came up and gave him a big hug, "Happy birthday, sweetie." Mrs. O said giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Happy birthday, son!" Mr. O said patting his back.
"Thanks, mom. Thanks, dad."
Next came Ross and Shane.
"Happy birthday, big bro!" Shane said giving him a hug.
"24, huh? Good thing you're still pretty," Ross joked. "Happy birthday."
John laughed his irresistable laugh.
Kennedy, Jared, Pat, and Garrett came up to him, "Happy birthday, Johnohh!" They all said in unison.
John smiled, "You guys knew about this and didn't tell me?"
"Of course not! That's not what surprises mean!" Pat said as they all laughed.

During the night, Kaitlyn sat next to John as he had one arm around her chair. Kaitlyn was busy talking to John's parents about how perfect the surprise went.
After a few minutes, John and Kaitlyn were alone. "Thank you so much, babe." John whispered.
"For you, anything." Kaitlyn kissed the corner of his mouth.
"How did you do.. all this?" John asked waving his hand around.
"Oh you know, made some phone calls. Trying hard not to tell you, it almost slipped out once or twice! Thank god it didn't."
"Well, what you did for me today is beyond greatful. I owe you," John said wrapping his arms around Kaitlyn.
"No way! It's your birthday. You deserve this!" She giggled.
"PRESENTS!!!" Pat exclaimed.

Everyone gathered around the tables as Pat, Kennedy, Jared, and Garrett were the firsts to give him his present.
Jared handed John a big box wrapped in red wrapping paper. On the box was a bow with a note.
It read, "Happy birthday to you from your band mates. PARTY!"
John laughed as he noticed that Pat wrote 'PARTY' on the note.
He carefully ripped the paper, to see a black case. He opened the case and there laid a Fender acoustic guitar.
"Oh wow! This is.. amazing! Thanks guys!" John said placing it aside to give them each a hug.

Next came his parents present. "Happy birthday," Mrs. O said again.
John recieved a black squared box. As he lifted the cover, he carefully took out a new white macbook.
"Oh my.. mom, dad. You shouldn't have!" John was speechless.
"We knew you wanted a new laptop, so we figured why not?" Mrs. O smiled.
John smiled back giving them both another hug.
Ross and Shane both chipped in on a present for John.
"Happy birthday!" They both said in unison.
"Awh, thanks guys!"

Ross and Shane gave a small box with a ribbon which tied it closed. John untied the ribbon and opened the box.
He took out a black iPhone case, and on the back had Tom Petty's autograph on it.
"How did you get Tom Petty's autograph on this?!" John exclaimed wide eyed.
"We bought it off eBay." Ross said.
"It was one hell of a bid though!" Shane continued.
"This is awesome, thanks guys!" John smiled switching his cases.

"Now it's my turn," Kaitlyn smiled pulling out a small rectangular black box. "For you."
"Another?" he asked as Kaitlyn smiled and nodded.
"Open it," she said in barely a whisper.
John took of the cover, and took out a leather roped necklace with a sterling silver M and has his birthday and JCOV engraved on the back. On the very bottom, in small cursive writing said, 'I love you - Kaitlyn"
"Thank you, babe. This is amazing." he said putting it around his neck. "I love it. I love you."
John leaned forward and gave Kaitlyn a romantic kiss on her lips as everyone went 'awwwe'.
Once they broke away from the kiss, they both stared into eachothers eyes for who knows how long.
"CAKE!" Pat exclaimed ruining their moment.
As everyone went to get the cake, John and Kaitlyn both laughed without breaking eye contact.
"Let's get some cake," John winked.

The birthday dinner ended, and everyone walked out of Olive Garden. After everyone said their good-byes, they walked back to their car and left, except John and Kaitlyn.

John was leaning against the car door and had his hands around Kaitlyn's waist.

"Thank you for everything. Today was fucking perfect, and I honestly don't know how I can thank you, like-" John said.

Kaitlyn interrupted,"It's totally fine, baby. You don't need to make anything up to me, you know why? You're the best boyfriend in the world. You work so hard and you DESERVE this day."

Kaitlyn and john locked eyes and smiled. John stroked Kaitlyn's cheek lightly with his thumb, then cuffed her cheek. Their eyes were still locked, until John closed the gap between the two and gave Kaitlyn a long, passionate kisses. Those butterflies in their stomachs they had from when they first kissed had come back. John ran his fingers through her hair while Kaitlyn had her hands around his neck. He spun her around so Kaitlyn was now leaning on the car. His hands explored her body, running across her arms and feeling for her collarbone. She, on the other hand, was running her finger through his hair. John made his way down to her neck and to her collar bone, placing light kisses. Kaitlyn then stopped John.

"What's wrong, baby?" John questioned.

"We can save this for home, when we get back... We're in a parking lot, babe!"

He pouted, but obeyed her words like a good boy. John opened the passenger door to his car and Kaitlyn climbed in. He made his way around to the drivers seat.

The two drove home together, and Kaitlyn decided to give John a good present upstairs when they both got home...
♠ ♠ ♠
So, how was this one?(:
feedback is always appreciated.
collabed with Kirstincsws so check out her blog!
http://johnfanatic.tumblr.com/