Status: Work in progress.

Anthology.

The Laundry Machine.

It was another one of those random rainy days in Tempe, Arizona. John was watching Tom and Jerry and sipping a beer, while Kaitlyn, on the other hand, was separating the whites from colors to wash. Even though John is a 24 year old man, he still gets amused by old cartoons.

"Babe, you do too much work around the house. Take a break, come watch TV with me." John said, while patting the left side of the bed.

"John, if I don't clean, no one else will. This house will be a disgusting mess. I never see you cleaning, so all the work is left for me to do. You need your clothes cleaned, and it's not like you wash them, so guess who has to do it for you?" Kaitlyn said, sorting through dirty clothes to put in the whites pile.

"I'm sorry... I appreciate all the work that you do... I can wash my own clothes now." John said, with a sad look on his face.

"John, I didn't mean it like that... Cleaning actually gives me something to do, but sometimes I feel like I need a little help, sometimes, you know?" Kaitlyn stated, while sitting on her knees.

John grabbed the remote and pressed the OFF button. He took a sip of beer and placed it on the nightstand.

"I'll help you. What do you need me to do?" John said, while looking into her eyes. She didn't look into his though, she just focused on the clothes. He rubbed her back and pulled her into his chest.

"Well, I can't carry all these clothes downstairs by myself, so-"

John interrupted.

"I'm on it!"

He opened his arms wide and scooped up the large pile of clothes. He stood up, walked towards the door and stopped.

"Babe, can you open the door for me? My hands are kinda, uh... full."

Kaitlyn laughed, and opened up the door.

It was so much easier for Kaitlyn when John brought the clothes down to the laundry room. His long arms can actually fit all the clothes in them, and not one article of clothing had fallen out of his arms.

"Just place them on the floor in the laundry room. I got it from there."

"No. You do too much work around here. Let me do it, babe!" John insisted.

Kaitlyn giggled.

"Johnny, do you even know how to work a washing machine?"

"I'll figure out along the way... Just go get yourself a beer in the kitchen and relax. I go this, babe."

Kaitlyn was unsure at first, but she decided to let John give it a try.

"I'm checking back in 5 minutes, though."

She exited out the laundry room and shut the door.

While Kaitlyn walked toward the kitchen to read a magazine and enjoy a beer, John tried to figure out how to work the laundry machine. He opened the washing machine and threw all the clothes in. He stopped once he saw one of Kaitlyn's bikini fitted underwear and thought,"How come I haven't seen her in this yet?" The thought of her in it teased him a little, so he carried on. After all the clothes were in, he looked for the detergent. Looking inside the cabinet on the left, he finally found it. "I'm guessing I just kinda pour it in there..." He thought. He poured 3 cups of detergent into the load. John closed the washing machine. "Alright," He thought, "Let's see what's next." He took a close look at the machine. "Ah, the buttons," He said to himself, " Let's see: Speed wash, Steam wash, Regular, Bulky load, Perm Press. Which one am I supposed to pick?" His eyebrows cocked, and he shrugged to himself. He turned the knob to Bulky, not really knowing what it meant. There was another knob: Hot, Cold, Medium. He had one of those "What does this even mean?" look on his face. He thought that it'd hopefully land on the right one if he had his eyes shut. John closed his eyed and turned the knob. It landed on hot. He clicked start, and stared at the washing machine for who knows how long. When he heard the machine going, he felt proud and smiled. He leaned back on the washing machine and ran his fingers through his hair.

He closed his eyes and tried to relax, until he felt something leaking onto his back. John touched his back; it was wet. "What the hell?" He said. He turned around and saw the machine leaking bubbles.

"Oh fuck!" Kaitlyn heard John yell. She ran into the laundry room and almost slipped.

"The hell is going on, John?!" She questioned. Her eyes were on the machine, bubbles were covered all over the floor. John had bubbles all over him.

"I- I don't know, I set it on bulky and the temperature is on hot!"

Kaitlyn's jaw dropped.

"It's supposed to be on speed wash and temperature on cold!"

She tried stopping the machine and clicking the off button while John was searching for the outlet through the field of soapy bubbles. While looking, John had slipped and fell on his butt. Kaitlyn couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh shut up!" John said, and he started laughing.

He threw a handful of soapy bubble at Kaitlyn. She giggled and tried to enjoy this moment. Kaitlyn joined John on the floor. John tickled Kaitlyn and pulled her into his lap.

"John, y-you know I h-hate it when you t-tickle me!" Kaitlyn said, laughing hard.

Kaitlyn's laugh was always contagious to John, so he started laughing loudly as well.

John finally stopped tickling her after Kaitlyn planted a kiss on his lips. The two stood up and unplugged the machine.

"Finally the soapy madness is over." Kaitlyn said, giggling.

John laughed.

"Yeah, maybe I shouldn't wash clothes... I'll leave that stuff for you. Maybe I can... vacuum, or... something."

John said scratching the back of his head.

"Sounds good."

The two smiled, and John leaned in for a kiss.

He picked her up and placed her on-top of the laundry machine.

He pulled himself on top as well, sitting beside her. Their feet were dangling, while they were playing footsie.

Kaitlyn leaned her head on John's shoulder as he had his arm around her waist.

"Well on the brightside, you look cute in my navy hoodie and those cute little skinny jeans."
He said, tapping her nose.

Kaitlyn scoffed.

"Yeah, right John. I'm not even dressed up, and your jacket is huge on me!"
She said, while looking up at him.

"Yeah, well look at me, I'm just in a white V-neck and skinny jeans..."
John said as he pulled down his shirt to show her.

"But atleast you look hot."

"Whatever. So, how are we gonna clean all this?" John asked.

"I am DEFINATELY not in the mood to clean. I want some hot chocolate." She said smiling.

"I'll get the keys. Let's go to StarBucks." John said, while taking her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best...
but this story was inspired by the movie Just My Luck with Lindsay Lohan and Chris Pine.
I love that movie so much. :)
You should check it out!
But yeah, hope you enjoyed this one!
comments are appreciated.
check out my tumblr!
http://johnoooh.tumblr.com/
xoxoxo