Thanks For The Memories

In Case God Doesn't Show

The next time I woke up, the doctor was checking my vocal cords again. “Hello there Ms. Guin, how are you?”

“I’m good Dr. Sloane, yourself?” He backed away form me in shock.

“You talked! I didn’t expect you to talk for another month, this is wonderful. Do you remember anything?” Though I was happy that I could talk again, I didn’t remember anything new and t really frustrated me. I did have an interesting dream though.

t was me and the guy, Patrick. He had his arm wrapped around my shoulders and someone was taking our picture in front of a white screen. “One last one lovelies. You’re doing great! Pat, lift her so that her legs are around your waist.” Patrick did as instructed and promptly planted his lips on mine for a romantic kiss. “Perfect! You’re free to go.” The mystery photographer walked off and Patrick let me down gently.

“Pen Guin, I love you.” Patrick gripped my hand and led us off the white screen and out into the sunlight.


“I had a dream about that guy, Patrick.” The doctor nodded.

“It might happen that you. You might have just had a memory come back to you. We don’t actually forget things, they just become stored away and we have to dig them back up. I’m glad you did though. He will be too.” I nodded and turned my head away from the doctor. His gaze was strange and I didn’t like it.

“When can I leave?” Doctor Sloane looked surprised but shook it off fairly well.

“Well, now that you can talk, whenever you like.” I nodded and asked him for my clothes, I wanted out of the hospital. He pointed to a cabinet and I quickly hustled to change. Patrick would be back soon, hopefully, and he would drive me far away from this dreadful place.

My wish was quickly granted as Patrick walked in holding two cups of coffee. I was completely dressed, thankfully, and I was ready to leave. “Pen, what are you doing?”

“I can talk again so the doctor said that I could release myself. Lets blow this popsicle stand!” Patrick chuckled before instinctively grabbing my hand. I almost pulled away, but resisted. I knew that he loved me, and even if I didn’t know him as well as he knew me, I wasn’t going to break his poor heart anymore.

We walked out of my room and he led me to the nurses station. I quickly signed myself out and we were off. “I’m glad you can talk again Pen. Did you remember anything else?” I decided not to tell him about my dream.

“I remembered a story I read that was kind of like this. I want to try something. Lets hurry to my house.” We hopped in his car and he drove until the houses started to become familiar to me. We stopped in front of the only green house on the road and I jumped out. I would know it was my house from anywhere because I picked out the colors. “Where was our first kiss Patrick?” He pointed to where I was standing. “Come kiss me.”

“I’m sorry, what?” Despite his question, he made his way over to me slowly. “Kiss you? Are you mad?”

“I trust you. I loved you once. I read a story and all it took was true loves first kiss. I know this is crazy, but I’m willing to try it. Now kiss me.” Before I knew it, Patrick planted his lips on mine in a mind-boggling kiss. Things actually did come to me slowly. I remembered our first date at an amusement park, and when he took me on tour with his band, Fall Out Boy. I remembered how my favorite song of their was “Thanks For The Memories” and how it sort of fits right now.

Patrick pulled away slowly. “Anything?” I smiled up at him and hopped into his arms.

“Say a prayer, but let the good times roll, in case God doesn’t show. Thanks for the memories Patty!” He laughed loudly.

“You remembered! I was getting tired of you calling me Patrick to be honest. I’m so happy you remember love. I love you, my penguin.”

I smiled wholeheartedly. Even though I didn’t remember everything, I knew with Pat I would with time, and along the way we would make new memories. “I love you too ,my tree stump!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So! Finished. Cheesy ending. I was going to have her die, but I like this much better :)