Broken Hearts & Last Goodbyes

Broken Hearts & Last Goodbyes

She was the guys’ whole world, everyone knew who she was. Her name was Brooklyn, widely known as Brooke. Brooke was the best friend of the world famous Jonas Brothers. Many people wondered who she was dating, but really, she was not dating.
-
It was a late night at the lake, Brooke and Joe would always come to the lake, after a local concert. They would always lie on the deck and watch the stars. Joe always wanted to be more than just friends with Brooke, but she wasn’t ready for anything
-
“Oh look Joe, a shooting star”
“You make a wish”
“No way, I got everything I want. You make it” Brooke smiled at Joe.
‘I wish Brooke would fall in love with me’ Joe thought. “Okay, wish has been made”
“Good”
“Brooke?”
“Hmm?”
“I want you to be my girlfriend”
Brooke got out of Joe’s arms, sat up and looked at him, “Joe I’ve told you! I-I don’t want something like that”
“Can’t you just give it a try?”
“No, I just can’t”
“Why not?”
Brooke couldn’t bare another second; she got in her truck and left Joe at the lake. Joe had to walk home; he couldn’t call anyone because there was no signal. He began walking.
-
Brooke's eyes were blurred; it was becoming hard to see. The rainstorm from 4 hours before wet the roads, Brooke was driving far too fast, the speed limit said 55 while Brooke was going 75. She wiped her eyes, by the time she looked back at the road there was a Semi-Truck right in front, Brooke didn’t have time to swerve out of the way, they collided. Scared the semi truck driver drove away, leaving Brooke helpless in her truck.
-
Joe finally got signal, they called his brothers and told him to pick him up, as he kept on walking. Joe felt bad about pressuring Brooke he always felt something for her. The affection, he realized that over all the past years of dating Mandy, AJ, Taylor, and Camilla that Brooke was right there, she was the one he’d run to cry on. He never realized it until tonight. He just wanted to be with more than anything.
-
Brooke managed to get out the smash truck; her stomach was cut and bleeding badly. She laid in the mud and muck staring up at the sky. She wanted Joe to right next to her, she loved Joe but only as a brother, at times it wasn’t. A moment like this she wish she didn’t leave Joe stranded at the lake. Brooke started to lightly cry, thinking about all the times she had with Joe, and why she couldn’t love him more than a friend, more than a brother.
-
Joe kept on walking, when he saw Brooke's truck on the side of the road, the front was smashed in, his heart stopped, “BROOKE!”
Joe ran to the truck, found Brooke lying down, holding on to her stomach, tears and makeup streaming down the side of her face.
“Brooke?”
Brooke choked up, “Joe, I-I’m sorry”
Joe held back his tears; he lifted Brooke head up, and put it on his lap, applied extra pressure to her wound, with his hand. “Brooke please don’t do this to me”
Brooke closed her eyes, and swallowed hard, “I’m sorry, Joe. But…I-I do love you”
“I love you so much, please don’t go” Joe wiped Brooke's tears with his friend hand.
-
Kevin and Nick finally pulled up, Nick was the first one out, he ran to Joe’s side.
“Joe what happen!?” he yelled at his brother.
“I-I don’t know”
Kevin called 911, then went next to his brothers and Brooke.
“You’re going to be okay Brooke” Kevin said.
Brooke didn’t believe him though, she had been laying there for more than 15 minutes, her stomach was bleeding, she was getting cold. Nick was the first to start crying, he grew close to Brooke. They all grew so close to Brooke, and seeing her like this was tearing them up inside.
“A little bit longer, and you’ll be fine”
Brooke smiled at Nick’s quote, Joe thought that tonight was the night he was going to lose one of the most important person in his life.
His first tear fell on Brooke cheek, they sat next to Brooke waiting for the ambulance to come. When it did, Brooke was so weak she could barely keep her eyes open.
-
Paramedics got her on a stretcher, and took her away. While the brothers followed them to the hospital. Kevin, Joe and Nick were quiet until they got the hospital, they waited in the waiting room.
“Joe what happen?” Kevin had to ask.
“I told you. I don’t know”
“How could you not know? You’re were with her”
Joe didn’t want to tell his brother that it was his fault for making Brooke leave; he felt the whole thing was his fault for this horrific accident. He knew he was going to have to tell them sometime but just not now.
“Well Joe?”
“I-“ Joe stopped, when the doctor came into the room., “She would like to see Joe”
Joe got up, and went to the room, the doctor stayed to inform Kevin and Nick on her condition.
-
“Joe”
Joe didn’t say anything, he only took Brooke's hand, and sat on the bed.
“Don’t blame yourself for wh-what happen tonight”
“Brooke, it was my fault. I made you leave, I pressured you too much”
“No yo-you didn’t. It was my choose to leave. I-I-I should have just told you”
Joe eyes filled with tears, as Brooke's heart skipped that beat. He knew he wasn’t going to have much time with her.
“I love you Brooke. I just want you to know that. I’m sorry I never realized that you were the one. I was just such a fool.”
“It’s fine Joseph. Get rid of those tears.”
Joe sniffled, smiled small, not taking his eyes off Brooke.
“I don’t want you be stuck on me. I want you to move on. Got it”
“I will, I promise Brooke”
She was about to go now, “I love you,” she whispered as her eyes closed, and her heart stopped.
-
Joe cried more than he ever had, he didn’t want her to go. He kissed her forehead, “I love you so much” he said one last time, then he left the room. Nick and Kevin knew just by looking at Joe, who walked right by them, outside and he just kept on walking. Kevin followed his heart broken brother who had just given his last goodbye to girl he loved. Kevin hugged Joe, he let it all out. Joe cried his older brother’s arms, he wailed out. Kevin tighten his arms, he had a few tears rolling down from his eyes. Soon Nick came out, and joined the hug.
-
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I had a very different plan but I just continued to type and this is what came out.