Status: One Shot - Drabble

Gone

One of One

She shakes her head at herself and remembers the tawny haired boy, "Y'know I remember the first time I ever saw you."

A laugh escapes her at the memory, "You were wearing that ridiculous bright orange and blue bandana around your forehead and that stupid Budweiser shirt. You were up on that stage with your annoying half smirk and accent to match."

She scoffs her heel on the grass and imagines his forest green eyes, "You were everything I had been trying to avoid for two years. I hated it!"

The small framed girl wraps her arms tight around herself attempting to block out the chilly Arizona night air. She sighs, "But god damn it, John. I fell for you. So hard. I did't want to and everything in me was telling me not to."

She smiles and let out a frosty breath looking into the night covered desert, "Except I love that dumb bandana and that Budweiser shirt still makes me laugh. And I loved seeing you on stage doing what you love with your adorable accent and cute grin as you sing your heart out."

The brunette tugs at the ends of her hair, "Somehow, I fell in love with you. Despite everything in my being trying to hate you."

She bites her lip, "And I'm sorry I put you through hell. And I'm sorry that I hurt you." Tears cloud her vision, "And I'm sorry I left you. Most of all I'm sorry that you ended up falling just as love with me as I did you."

Her head rests on the stone, "Maybe if you hadn't love me you wouldn't have chased after me. You wouldn't have gotten on the stupid plane." Her voice cracks, "Maybe you'd still be here."

She closes her eyes, "I'm so sorry, John. I'm so sorry. I love you. I promise, I didn't mean any of those words I said. I'll never want anybody but you. I won't settle for less."

The shaking girl kisses the tombstone and whispers, "Whether you're here or not. You'll always be in my heart, O'Callaghan."

She stands on shaking legs and pulls the black pea-coat he wore so often tighter to her body. Looking over her shoulder she takes one last look at the grave. She takes a deep breath, "See you soon, love."

And she knew she'd be back in his arms soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is my first ever drabble. I guess you could call it that. I had a few lines of dialogue running in my head and I ended up with this. :3
So, I hope you guys liked it.
Comment and tell me what you thought! :)
Love you guys! Thanks for reading!
-Shelby