Status: Fin.

Live In Reality

Chapter 1

“This is it,” Lenore breathed out quietly. “It’s almost here.”

“You’ve worked so hard, Len,” her best friend and assistant, Chantal, smiled. “It’s going to be incredible.”

The two were lying on their backs in the center of Lenore’s main dance studio. In just a few days’ time, it would reopen for the first time in nearly a year. After being vandalized in June, Lenore decided to revamp the place all together. Very nearly 8 months of hard work had gone into it and now, Lenore had more pride in her studio than ever before.

“Just one month left until the opening. Are you nervous?” Chantal asked.

Lenore shook her head. “No. I mean, almost all of my students are coming back. Plus, a lot of them are bringing new ones with them.”

“So business is good here, then,” Chantal deduced.

“It’s fantastic. And Daddy’s company is doing well too,” the brunette agreed. It had always been ‘Daddy’s company’, even after he had passed away and Lenore had been appointed CEO.

“When do you leave for Vancouver?” her friend asked.

It was a well-known fact that Lenore was dating Sidney Crosby and that he was headed to Canada in just days for the Olympics.

“The 6th. So we’ve got 5 days to get ready,” Lenore said skimming through her phone.

“Speaking of the hockey player,” Chantal said rolling over onto her stomach. “How have things been between you two?”

Lenore sighed. It also wasn’t a secret between the two friends that things hadn’t exactly been a fairy tale between Lenore and Sidney lately.

“Is it getting worse?” Chantal asked carefully. She knew her friend was head over heels in love with her boyfriend.

“No,” Lenore shook her head furiously as she stood up and walked over to the ballet barre. “It’s the same it’s been since the New Year. We’ll argue and then go our separate ways for a few hours. And then eventually, we’ll apologize and things will kind of go out the back window.”

“Sweetie,” Chantal sighed. “This can’t keep happening.”

“You think I want it to?” Lenore snapped at her friend. “You think I like arguing with him? You think I enjoy thinking we’re losing each other? Because you know what, Chantal?” Lenore turned around so she was only looking at her friend through a reflection in the wall full of mirrors. “I don’t. I miss when Sidney was always happy. Like last summer. Last summer was perfect.”

Lenore was gathered into a hug by her best friend. “Lenny, you’ve got to talk to him. I’m sure he’s just stressed with the Olympics coming up.”

“But that’s the thing,” Lenore stood back. “When I try to talk to him about it, he’ll brush it off.” She wiped a few stray tears from her eyes. “I just don’t know what to do.”

“You two are strong,” Chantal assured her friend. “It’ll get better. Maybe what you two need is a getaway. Vancouver will be good for you both.”

“But he’s going to be playing hockey the whole time,” she sighed.

“You’ll be there a few days early,” Chantal reminded her. “Tell him you want to set aside a few hours a day just for each other.”

The young businesswoman and entrepreneur nodded slowly. Looking at the time, she sighed.

“I’ve got to. Sidney gets in soon,” Lenore picked up her bag. “I told him I’d meet him at the airport.”

Chantal nodded. “Tell him ‘hi’ from me.”

“Will do,” she gave her friend a small smile. “I’ll see you, Chan. Thanks for listening.”

“Always here for you, Len,” Chantal sighed as her friend walked out. “Always here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is! The beginning of Live in Reality! Are you excited? I'm seeing this one being close to the same length as Not So Honest Perfection. You can expect updates every few days, hopefully. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!