Status: Fin.

Live In Reality

Chapter 12

“You are getting married!” Vero giggled excitedly in the back of the court house.

“This wasn’t exactly part of the plan,” Ella Chambres sighed. “But I’m happy for you nonetheless.”

Lenore smiled at her mother.

“Thank you,” her voice was small.

“You look gorgeous!” Chantal grinned as she observed the outfit she had put together for her friend.

Lenore was dressed in a white off the shoulder, knee length dress and light blue heels. Her hair was swept to the side and wavy- Vero’s handi-work. Her mother had done her makeup and was now helping her put the finishing touches on her look.

“Something new,” she gestured to the ring on Lenore’s finger. “Something old,” she pointed to the pocket watch in Lenore’s hand. “Something borrowed,” Ella handed her daughter a small clutch. “Something blue,” she pointed to the shoes on her feet.

Lenore smiled at her feet and giggled a little bit.

“What’s so funny?” Chantal asked.

“These are the shoes I was wearing when I first met Sidney,” she sighed fondly.

“When he ‘it you with a door,” Vero nodded.

That’s how you two met?” Ella laughed. “Not every day you meet your husband because he knocks you over.”

“No,” Lenore agreed. “It’s not.”

“Hey!” a voice asked. It was Jordan. “Let’s get this show on the road ladies!”

“So impatient,” Chantal shook her head.

“You two are gonna end up together,” Lenore teased. “I know it.”

Chantal snorted. “In his dreams.”

*****

“I know pronounce you man,” the judge said. “And wife. You may kiss the bride.”

“Woohoo!” Max cheered as Sidney dipped Lenore.

“Keep it clean here, guys,” Chantal joked.

“You two,” Lenore gestured to Marc-Andre and Vero. “Are next. No excuses.”

Marc waved his hand. “’ou two need to be on a plane to ‘ancouver in 2 ½ hours. Get out of ‘ere!”

Sidney took Lenore’s hand and led her out of the courtroom as their friends applauded and cheered.

“Holy shit,” Lenore gasped as they stopped at Sidney’s car.

“What?” he asked with a concerned tone.

She tossed her head back and laughed. “We just got married.”

Sidney let out a breathy chuckle and cupped her face. “We did.” Kissing his new wife, he whispered: “We also need to be on a plane so I can go kick your country’s ass.”

“Big ego much?” she laughed.

*****

Sidney led Lenore into the hotel they would be staying in as part of the Olympic Village.

“This place is gorgeous,” she smiled as they rode the elevator up to the 18th floor.

“You’re prettier,” he said pulling her close.

Lenore buried her face into his chest and pulled the lapels of his suit jacket tighter around her. After the courthouse, the two had gone straight to the airport without changing.

Getting out at their floor, Lenore gaped.

“Oh my God.”

“What now?” Sidney chuckled.

“Your parents. How the hell are we going to tell them we got married?” she feared.

“They knew I was going to propose,” he shrugged. “What does it matter that we got married?”

“Uh, maybe that they didn’t get to watch their son say ‘I do’?” Lenore reasoned as they stopped outside their room.

“I’ll talk with them when they come up, I promise,” Sidney assured her. “Wait,” he put a hand out to stop Lenore from walking over the threshold.

“What?” she asked putting her hands on her hips.

Sidney pushed their suitcases through the door and turned back to his wife.

“I’ve got to carry my wife over the threshold, don’t I?” he asked with a smile.

“I don’t think that’s necessary,” Lenore said back away.

He rolled his eyes and scooped her up into his arms.

“I think it’s entirely necessary,” he said kissing her lightly.

Walking into the room, he placed a placard on the doorknob, and then kicked the door shut with his foot. Lenore giggled and reattached her lips to his
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm actually pretty happy with how this turned out- even though it's mostly dialogue. The next one will deal with their thoughts and will be more description, I think. Do me a favor and check out those stories that I linked in my last author's note? Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

What Lenore Wore