Status: Fin.

Live In Reality

Chapter 8

“Okay, this is it,” Chantal stormed into the locker room at Southpointe.

“Hey, to you too, Chantal,” Sidney frowned.

“What the fuck, man?” she asked standing in front of the captain. “You leave for fucking Canada in two, fucking days! Why the hell haven’t you two sorted this shit out?”

“You sure you’re not a hockey player?” Jordan mused from his stall. “You sound like one.”

“Shut the fuck up, Staal,” Chantal glared. “I’m trying to talk some sense into this idiot.”

“Chantal,” Sidney said.

“What!?”

“I know what I’m going to do,” he explained. “I figured it out.”

“Well it’s about fucking time,” she said throwing her hands up in the air. “What took so long?”

“I was a little lost,” Sidney shrugged. “But I talked to Lenore’s mom and-,”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Chantal put her hands up. “You talked to her mother?”

“Yeah,” he nodded.

“You know they don’t get on well, right?”

Sidney gave Chantal a look. “Of course I know that. They’ve had their difficulties, but Ella wants to be involved with Lenore’s life. I asked for her blessing a while ago so I could propose. I figured the woman that raised her ought to know what to do.”

Chantal sighed. “You just dug yourself a ditch, Crosby. You better know how to get out of it.”

“They’ve been talking,” Sidney assured her. “I think things are on the road to be fixed.”

She frowned. “Lenore didn’t tell me that.”

“Maybe she didn’t want you to worry,” Sidney shrugged.

“Okay!” Max said interrupting. “As much as I loved this episode of Chantal and Sidney Talk About Lenore’s Mom, I love to hear what Captain’s gonna do even more.”

“Right,” Sidney nodded. “It took us forever to decide how to do it, but we figured it out.”

“And what exactly did you figure out?” Chantal urged.

Sidney took a deep breath. “I’m just going to propose.”

The room stayed silent.

“And?” Kris asked.

“And that’s it. I’m asking her to marry me. I figure she’ll see that I wasn’t hiding anything from her and that I was just trying to get the courage to ask.”

“I think it’s… kind of brilliant,” Chantal said quietly. “I mean, what kind of girl wouldn’t want to be proposed to after a fight? It’s kind of the best apology ever.”

“Thank you, Chantal. I’m glad to see someone gets it,” Sidney glared at his teammates. “But there’s more to it. Chantal, I’m gonna need your help.”

“I’m all ears, Sidders,” she nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it's short but I didn't get much feedback on the last one. Are you guys getting bored? I just want to hear what you're all thinking!

Okay, so anyway. I'm starting some new stories!! I'm going to link below to another contest entry-it's a Jordan Staal story-, an original fiction co-write I'm doing- that one's a superhero story, and another hockey fan fic I'm working on. The last one is going to be pretty interesting, so I hope you'll check it out. Actually, I hope you'll check them all out! Remember how last update I asked if anyone was interested in doing a hockey co-write with me? Well, I have a few ideas. I've got a Jordan Staal story and James Neal story (my first Nealer story, might I add). If you're interested, PM me and we'll chat.

Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

Takes Me Back- Jordan Staal entry

Vulnerable- superhero cowrite

What You Work For- my interesting hockey fic (at least, I think it's interesting)