Status: DON'T BE A SILENT READER!

Seduction in Blood

octo

“So just because I am a reincarnation, I have to stay here?” Aria asked completely confused. “How the hell am I involved?” she hissed, glaring at Darrien. He sighed softly and rubbed the back of his neck, he didn’t know how to explain it to her. The world they lived in was different from the mortal world. Vampires, demon, werewolves, fairies, it was all so different from humans, Darrien barely remembered what being human was even like. His last day as a human was over 200 years ago. Running his fingers through his hair, Darrien looked to Nikolas for assistance.

“They’re here,” Nikolas said suddenly. Aria furrowed her brows in confusion and noticed both Ethan and Darrien vanished out of the room. “Aria come with me quickly.” Nikolas was by her side and placed his hand on the small of her back, leading her from the small lounge across from the kitchen and up the marble staircase. Just as they were half way up the stairs there was an echo of a doorbell. Nikolas glanced over his shoulder as he heard Leila’s heels clicking on the floor.

“What’s going on?” Aria asked.

“Just stay put and be quiet,” Nikolas said as he showed her into a room. “Don’t come out until I come for you, no matter who it is. Only answer to me, okay?” he asked her. Aria looked into his eyes for a few moments before sighing in defeat. She nodded her head and Nikolas placed a hand on the side of her face. Pulling away, Aria stepped back and closed the door. Letting out a breath, Nikolas vanished in a flurry of black feathers and appeared down stairs.

“Oh Nikolas it’s been way to long,” Eloise Drakon greeted happily as she saw Nikolas walking into the sitting room. She stood up and walked over to Nikolas getting on her tiptoes to place a kiss on his cheek. He smiled sweetly as she pulled away and greeted her with a small quick hug. “So tell us the secrets Darrien will not share.” She stepped away her long amber colored hair, falling gracefully over her pale bare shoulders. Nikolas glanced to Darrien, who stood quietly by the window with Ethan standing across from him. Footsteps echoed on the wooden floors, Nikolas turned and saw Leon Winters an 800 year old vampire and a member of the council. Eloise Drakon was merely his protege and she was a brilliant one at that, the two of them together was a perfect tag-team.

“Nikolas Ashwood,” Leon Winters greeted with a smirk on his face. “So Darrien has kept you alive all this time.” Nikolas narrowed his eyes at Leon, the two had never truly gotten along with each other.

“Nikolas has been a good friend to me, Leon,” Darrien commented, bring his wine glass to his lips. He took a quick sip and kept his eyes locked on Leon, who merely chuckled. Leon was a muscled man and very tall with nicely groomed hair. He was normally dressed in dark jeans and a simple solid colored shirt, much like at the current moment. “I could never say such a thing of you or the council.”

“Careful, Darrien, I’m much stronger than you.” Leon smirked and revealed his fangs. Ethan snorted a bit and crossed his arms over his chest. Darrien said nothing, nor did he do anything. “The rumor is that Clara’s reincarnation has been found, imagine that.” Leon walked over and grabbed some of Darrien’s hair, pushing him back into the wall. Darrien didn’t so much as flinch as Leon searched his eyes. Ethan on the other hand tenses up and gritted his teeth. Of all the council members Leon was the cruelest and darkest.

“What does the council even care? The reincarnation would have nothing to do with Clara,” Ethan hissed.

“That’s where you are wrong, Ethan.” Leon released his hold on Darrien and spun around on his heels. “You have been in the human world for far too long, it is time you returned to our world.”

“A world of death, blood, and you?” Ethan asked in fake joy. “No thanks.” He shook his head and smirked. Leon growled a bit, which in turn caused Ethan to roll his eyes.

“Why are you here, Leon?” Darrien interrupted.

“Where is she? You’ve been tracking her bloodline for years,” Leon remarked as he put his hands behind his back and walked into the center of the room. All eyes were trained on him as he looked straight ahead at the doorway and spotted Leila. Darrien quickly appeared in front of him, eyes dark, fangs barred. “A witch?”

“She is Nikolas’ apprentice,” Darrien explained firmly. Leon snorted a bit and looked to Nikolas. “I have not seen her.”

“But you have been in contact with Willard Ivanhoe,” Leon stated.

“So what?” Darrien hissed.

“He is Royce Sinclair’s servant, much like Nikolas,” Leon paused for a moment, glancing to Nikolas, “I know you have been keeping tabs. Let me make this very clear to you, Darrien, if you go behind the council’s back again,” Leon grabbed Darrien and effortlessly slammed him into the wall, “I will kill you personally.”

“Now Leon,” Eloise said as she walked up to Leon and gently placed her hands on his shoulders. “We’ve done enough, let us leave quietly.” The amber haired woman smiled as Leon moved away from Darrien and vanished into thin air. Eloise looked at Darrien and bid him a farewell before vanishing as well.

“I never did like him,” Ethan snorted.