Status: In the works.

Waiting for my sun to shine.

If I only had the heart.

--Layla--

I woke up at 8:00 am on Monday morning, and got out of bed in a rush, knowing I only had an hour until work. My first week in Arizona had gone by slow, the recording studio didn't really have anything booked for my first week, and it was mainly spent getting to know everybody there, and getting to know the place. Today we were having a small band from Phoenix in for the next two weeks. I think my manager, Mike, had said they were called The Maine. I had never heard of them until now, but apparently not many people out of Arizona had, unless they were into that kind of music- they weren't that big.

I did my make up, pinned my bangs back, brushed my teeth, put on a plain white t-shirt, with a pair of high waisted jean shorts, and some plain black heels. I was very into fashion, and if work gave me an excuse to dress greatly every day, I would use it. After getting myself ready for work, I still had 15 minutes. 5 minutes to drive there, and 10 minutes for my much needed Starbucks.

--

The morning had gone by fast, probably because I was so excited for the band to be coming at 11. Today was my first real day at work. I had gone all last week, but I hadn't really done anything big like this. With only 10 minutes until the band came, I decided to clean the place a little. Mike already loved me, and this would probably get me on his really good list. As I straightened out piles of paper, I heard the door close behind a group of people, presumably the band. I turned around slowly, they were all probably staring at me, and one thing in particular caught my eye, right away. He was tall, much taller than me, skinny, and gorgeous, and he led the group in the studio. He wore jeans, which I didn't understand, it was like, 900 degrees out, and a loose white t-shirt, with a denim vest, and a beanie. As they he came closer to me, I tried to think of what to say, but words wouldn't come to my head, so I stared at him, like an idiot.

"Hey, I'm John," he reached for my hand, probably wanting to shake it, "this is Kennedy," he said, pointing to the guy beside him, "beside Kennedy is Jared," he gestured to Jared.

"Hey," I said, waiting for him to introduce the others.

"On my right we have Garrett," he pointed to Garrett. "And Pat, but you can call him rat boy."

I smiled, grabbing his hand and shaking it, "Well, uh, I'm Layla, I work here" I told him, practically choking on my words.

I had never been good with guys, and I was beating myself up in my head for the way I had just introduced myself.

"I figured so," he said with a laugh, "I'm not sure if Mike told you, but we are The Maine." The other guys had already walked away, and I honestly didn't even notice. All I really noticed was John.

"Yeah he told me. What do you do, John?" I smiled, I was relieved at how smoothly that came out.

"I sing, and play some guitar." He said with a nod, and a proud smile.

I smiled back, crossing my arms, "Impressive. So you must be good." I raised an eyebrow at him playfully.

John was easy to be myself around, and I had only been talking to him for a few minutes. At first I was nervous as hell, but he seemed to calm me down without even trying. I didn't come to Arizona to fall for guys in my second week, but I could already see where this was going. I didn't know whether I should feel scared, or happy.

--John--

"I like to think so, yeah. I mean, I hope I am. Or that would be terrible. You'd have to edit my voice to no end." I looked right in her big green eyes, they were pretty, but they could't compare to her.

I snapped out of my daze, and decided it was time to get down to business. "So, we're here for two weeks. I've got twelve songs written. You'll be here, right?" I smiled at her, and adjusted my beanie.

"Yeah! I mean, if you want."

"I do want you to. You should get to hear me sing, and see the rest of the guys do their thing." I probably sounded like the biggest creep, but I couldn't stop myself, really. "It'll be fun."

"I hope so," she replied, shoving her hands in her pockets.

"I promise, we're not boring guys," I gestured for her to walk in front of me, "we should go get started, or at least look like we're doing something productive. Ladies first."

I watched her as she walked. She had a small figure, and was about a head shorter than me. She lead me to a room in the back, all I could think about was that smile, and how I had to make her mine. I'd do whatever it took, because girls like this didn't just come around every day. She was special, and I already knew it. The band would think I'm crazy, or maybe they'd understand. I wasn't one to get infatuated over girls, I normally kept to myself.

We entered the smallish room where Kennedy and Pat were sitting. As soon as we walked in, they stopped talking. Pat gave me a look that said, "get in her pants man", and Kennedy just shook his head at me. They both already knew what was up.

To break the silence, I started talking, "so, Layla, I don't know if you remember. That's Kennedy, and that's Pat."

Kennedy waved to her, "I play guitar."

Pat looked up, with a goofy smile, "and I play drums, and I'm sure you already know all about Jo-"

"Yeah. The band calls Pat Rat boy." I said, cutting him off. He wasn't going to blow this for me, "where are the rest of the guys?"

Pat tucked some hair behind his ear, "outside, we think."

"They disappeared," Kennedy answered, "maybe you two could go look for them, or we can look for them, and leave you here. Alone." He laughed, grabbing Pat by the arm, "let's go rat boy."

I took a deep breath, looking at my feet as they walked out of the room. When I heard the door close behind them, I looked over to see Layla standing on the other side of the room awkwardly. "I'm sorry about that. They're like grade five boys."

She laughed, "it's not your fault. They're just joking around with you. Don't worry."

"Thanks Layla. Pretty name, by the way. Almost as pretty as yourself." I was such a flirt. I needed to stop.

She was blushing. Her cheeks were literally coloured crimson. "Thank you. You're very pretty yourself," she said, giggling.

"Oh, well thank you." I slid my hands in my pockets, as I walked to her side of the room, "the guys and I are having a party tonight. You know, to celebrate our first day in the studio. And how much fun would it be if we didn't invite our beautiful studio... person?"

She started to answer, shaking her head, before I cut her off, "it would be no fun at all. You're invited. When do you get out of here, I'll pick you up."

She looked away from me, still blushing, "5:00" she said, before looking back in my direction.

"Perfect. It's a date. Now we gotta start recording. Come with me." I touched the small of her back, and she practically jumped before she followed me to find the rest of the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I'm sorry if the beginning of this isn't the greatest. I had a good start, but when I saved it as a draft on here and went to find it later, it wasn't here. So I rewrote it but I didn't really have the motivation I did at first.
John is such a flirt omg aw. But he'll be sweet, don't worry.
Comment what you think too. If you see any big spelling mistakes please tell me nicely. :)
Subscribe too!