‹ Prequel: Ana
Sequel: Relearning Laura

The "You're Not Fat" Campaign

My best friend Cassie has been in a treatment center for three months, recovering from Anorexia Nervosa. I miss her. I haven't talked to her since the day she left for the Greenleaf Center for Eating Disorders in Saratoga, which is 50 miles away. I'm glad she's there, getting the professional help that she so desperately needs. Her anorexia consumed her. It ruined her life. It turned her into a skeleton of a girl, all skin and bone and haunting eyes. And it did it in the most seductive way possible, with a sweet smile and a whisper of perfection.

Tempting, isn't it?

Just for a moment, imagine being perfect. Perfectly thin and perfectly pretty and perfectly perfect.

Ana offers all of this to her victims.

"Just do as I say," she murmurs sweetly. "Just listen to me and all your dreams will come true."

Yes, Ana says "Destruction" very sweetly indeed.


WARNING: This is about anorexia. It can be triggering, so if you think you may relapse, please don't read it. If you recognize any symptoms of anorexia from this story, please, please, go get help. You can also talk to me, I'll help in any way I can.

Sequel to Ana