‹ Prequel: Ana
Sequel: Relearning Laura

The "You're Not Fat" Campaign

Group

"Oh, do you two know each other?" Katherine says, her arched eyebrows knitting together. Conner and I both mutter awkwardly for a minute.

The intercom buzzes and someone says "It is now time for group. Group is now starting in the group room. It is now time for group."

Everyone shuffles into the group room. I hesitantly follow Conner, then sit down next to him.

"Ooh, we're painting," says a heavyset girl with short black hair and a Panic! At The Disco shirt. She grabs a large piece of paper and a paintbrush, then grabs the pink paint. Conner thinks for a minute, then takes his own paper and dips his paintbrush in black paint. With thick strokes, he paints a huge K., then shows it to the heavyset girl.

"Basically how I feel all the time," she snickers. She glances at me. "I'm Lillie, by the way. Who're you?"

"Laura," I whisper. Lillie nods and goes back to her painting, which is a large pink heart.

"Conner, can I have the black paint please?" she asks. Conner hands her the jar. She scrawls i hate u inside the heart, then signs her name below it. I sit on my hands and inhale the paint smells. A fat black boy asks me why I'm here and I mutter something about depressionanxietycutting and he asks "Where those cuts on yo face come from?" and I put my head down on my arms and try to breathe normally. I hate it here I hate it here I hate it here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow this story is getting really long :O
Just so you guys know, the descriptions that I give of the psych ward that Laura is in are accurate. I was admitted to the hospital for depression, anxiety, self-harm, etc., in December, and Laura's psych ward is based off of the one I went to.