Get it Right

New People, Same Story

There was an enormous crowd of people and beside obvious body types it was nearly impossible to tell what exactly people did, except of course those of us still wearing gym gear. “Let’s go mingle,” Jenna grabbed my arm and started dragging me over to a group of guys.

“I think I’d have a better time with Bri,” I dragged my feet.

She let go of my arm turned to me and gave me the are you kidding me look. I just shrugged my shoulders causing a head shake, “Bri is with Nate, the guy you hate, trying to set up their very first date, isn’t that just…”

“Stop the rhyming,” I said, “I get it.” I sighed as she began her trudge forward once more, “but it doesn’t mean that I’m any more inclined to talk to those people.”

She turned around and grinned as she looked at me. “I will let you off the hook for one reason and one reason only,” she smiled as she took a step back, “admit that you and Matthews are in love and I’ll be off your case.” I shoved my hands in my pocket and looked down before shaking my head. “That’s what I thought,” she smiled, “now try to be friendly.”

“No promises,” I mumbled as I followed her.

“Hello,” she dropped in on the group of four, “I’m Jenna and let me guess you guys are here for, hmmm.” She put her thumb to her mouth and made one of her silly “cute” faces. “You guys are wrestlers,” she looked up and smiled, “am I right?” They all began to laugh a bit at the thought.

“Soccer,” I muttered to Jenna and she looked back at me, “look their calves are defined, they’re
all lower body, and tell me one wrestler who’s all lower body.”

She looked over at them, “soccer?”

They all nodded and I rolled my eyes. “If your friend is any indication,” one of them spoke up, “I’d say you dive.”

Jenna nodded, “but that’s not fair, it says so on her jacket.”

“Doesn’t matter,” another said, “she’s Isabella Haze, we all know who she is.”

I crossed my arms over my chest, “I prefer Izzy.”

“Well Izzy,” One of the guys put his arm around me. I stared at his hand on my shoulder with my eyebrow raised. “Tell me,” he smirked, “which stories are true and which are rumors. Exactly what have you done?”

“The hell kind of question is that,” I removed his hand from my shoulder, “don’t you dare think you’re going to get lucky, because contrary to common belief I am not a hooker.” I looked at Jenna as I backed away, “have fun, I’m out.” She just shrugged and went back to flirting with one of the douche soccer players.

“Not having fun with the soccer players, Izzy,” Matthews found me sitting alone at a bench.

“Not having fun with anyone,” I smirked, “but I’ve learned something, people leave you alone when you snarl at them.” He laughed and I hit the table, “please tell me the truth, is every guy here going to talk to me like I’d suck his dick for ten dollars?”

“Yeah,” he laughed, “you’re Izzy Haze, have you seen what’s written about you, it’s not exactly telling them otherwise.”

I nodded, “so when you first came to the club is that what you thought.”

“Izzy,” he laughed, “I thought that up until I found out you skip out on training to go to work, until I learned about the real you.” I banged my head on the table realizing how shitty these next weeks were going to be. “Relax,” he looked over at me, “you came with friends and one of them just happens to be a former Olympian who knows the ropes.”

“More like egotistical jerk,” I said. He looked at me seriously and I just laughed. “Come on Matthews,” I gave him a stern look, “you’ve got a reputation to maintain, don’t F it up by hanging around the black sheep of training camp.”

“How can I Fuck it up if every guy here thinks I’m the one who’s sleeping with you,” he leaned back and smirked, “I’m like their god.” I glared at him as hard as I could and he pushed me playfully. “Don’t worry, Haze,” he shrugged, “I’ve got better things to do than you.” I could see him laughing at his own joke.

“Yeah,” I smirked, “what about that gymnast girl.” I wiggled my eyebrows and he looked at me.
“Come on Evanna what’s her face,” I said, “I’ve read a few tabloids myself and you can’t fake that chemistry Matthews.” I looked around and smiled, “am I going to meet her or is having Isabella Haze as a friend something that would make her jealous.”

He laughed, “Evanna and I never had a relationship per say.”

He gave me a suggestive look and I winced, “details are not needed.”

Like clockwork. “Aiden,” a feminine voice came walking into our area, “I’ve been looking all over for you.” She was tall and toned and I recognized her. Amber Tishe, beach volleyball player. “Where have you been,” she wrapped herself around him, “I’ve mi…” She caught glimpse of me.

“Izzy Haze,” I stuck out my hand, “huge fan, nice to meet you.”

She looked at me like I was disgusting, “oh my god, Aiden, do you even know who she is?” He looked at her unsure and she continued, “Isabella Haze, the girl’s a harlot.” She meant it a whisper, but it was completely audible. I do give her credit for attempting to spare my feelings.

He laughed, “Izzy and I are friends, Amber.” She looked at him almost as lost as I’d ever seen anyone, “for the last year I’ve been training at her club,” he saw her expression and shrugged, “she’s cool.”

“Is she going to be like hanging around us all the time,” she looked at him.

“I think I should go,” I took my clue. Matthews opened his mouth for objection. “No, I can see when I’m unwanted,” I gave him a wink before looking at her. “Besides I could always find some other guy to blow,” I saluted her as I left. I walked off laughing feeling only slightly good about myself. I figured I’d just walk back to my room; truth was I didn’t really want to go to this stupid bonfire anyways.

“Haze,” a familiar voice caught up to me. I looked to my side and smiled at Zack Tyler, “where ya’ going?”

“Back to my room,” I huffed, “the reputation tied to my name draws way too much attention for me to enjoy social gatherings.” He looked at me lost and I laughed, “Everyone thinks I’m a whore.”

“That’s not true,” he said.

“Name one person here,” I gave him a stern look.

He smiled, “me.”

“Bull shit,” I said, “you totally thought I was a slut, that’s why you were so insistent on me coming to your stupid party earlier this year.”

“I thought you were,” he said with a rasied brow, “but I know better now.”

I wasn’t quite sure how to respond. “If you are trying to mess with me, Tyler,” I shook my head at him, “I swear to god I will literally kill you.”

I shook my head as I walked past him obviously questioning his sincerity. “Izzy,” he caught my attention once more and looked at me nervously, “I like you.” I couldn’t stop the humored laugh that escaped. “I’ve liked you since you stood me up at my party,” he smiled, “but it’s pretty hard to get a moment alone with you, I’m competing with Bri and Jenna, now Matthews too.”

“I went to your party,” I smiled, “you saw the headlines I was upstairs having a threesome with some freak.”

He gave me a serious look, “I don’t believe that.” I guess I’d become a huge skeptic, no one could be nice to me without alternative motives. No matter how badly I wanted Zack Tyler to like me, I could only believe he liked my reputation.

“I don’t believe you,” I shook my head.