Get it Right

Can't be Ignored

I pushed the door open and Matthews immediately spoke, “hey, how was your first real practice as an Olympian.”

“Technically,” I shrugged, “I’m not an Olympian yet, and my coach already hates me.” He raised his eyebrow and I rolled my eyes, “I promise I did nothing, but I’m not worried because everyone learns to love me.”

He let out a small laugh, “sure.”

“Now,” I rubbed my hands together, “let’s go kick some ass.” He raised his eyebrow, “I’ve nominated you my personal body guard, you take the big ones and I’ll take the tiny one with the torn ligament.” He just stared at me blankly and then I laughed, “kidding Matthews, you’d get your ass kicked, I figured we could do something a bit more covert.”

“I wouldn’t get my ass kicked,” he said defensively.

I raised my eyebrow, “those guys were huge, and there were at least four of them who I’ve decided to hate with all my heart, but hey you can doggie paddle him to death.” He glared at me and I continued, “so I decided we should mess up their rooms, and that is why I need you, because I don’t know where the soccer players reside.”

“Fine,” he said, “but I refuse to be held liable and the rooms are locked.” I raised my eyebrow and he nodded, “but I’m guessing you already knew that second part.” I smirked and he just led the way. We spent about thirty minutes pulling the whole Parent Trap camp sabotage scene and then we ran out painting ourselves as guilty. It just made me feel better to give those assholes their just deserts. We walked over to some tables out in the yard area, it was almost like being on a college campus, but people were running and exercising all around us. “That was fun,” I said as I jumped on top of one of the tables, “that’s what they get for calling me a whore.”

“You know,” he looked at me, “aside from yelling at people who call you that, you don’t do much to refute it.”

“What,” I turned swiftly towards him.

“Last night,” he reminded me, “when Amber was there, some other guy to blow, really Izzy?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know I’m like that Katy Perry song, I’m a girl so I get an automatic pass for craziness.” He opened his mouth and I continued, “it’s not like she wanted me around, so are you and her,” I wiggled my eyebrows.

He looked at me as if I were crazy, “do you not believe that guys and girls can be just friends, it’s like every girl I’m with you ask.”

“Yeah all 1 girl,” I laughed, “and it’s not impossible, I mean we’re friends, but come on I’ve never seen you with a girl, I’ve gotta believe that an all American athlete like you is at the very least interested in them or are you gay?” I smiled and he raised his eyebrow, “seriously dude, when was the last time you got laid, I mean you won a gold medal, that’s gotta get you some major play.”

“What,” he looked at me as if I were crazy.

“I’m just asking,” I shrugged, “I mean over the past, I don’t know how long you’ve spent so much time with me that I know you haven’t gotten any play.”

He shook his head, “I’m not talking to you about this.”

I looked at him unsure, “why not?”

“Because we don’t talk about that stuff,” he looked at me.

“Why not,” I looked at him again, “I mean if you’re a self-sabator than we can totally relate, I mean just last night I screwed myself out of the payoff of a two year crush.” I sighed and then looked at him, “see so what happened with Amber?”

“I listened to her talk for fifteen minutes, felt like shooting myself and then left in pursuit of someone I can actually tolerate,” he looked at me, “but it seems the only person here who I can tolerate was screwing herself out of a two year crush.”

I put my finger up, “maybe next time you should try kissing her, I find it’s effective in shutting girls up.”

He sighed, “what happened last night.”

“I talked to Zack Tyler,” I sighed, “and he said everything I wanted to hear and I told him I didn’t believe him and why the hell didn’t I just nod, smile, flirt and I don’t know eventually sleep with him?”

“Because you know that’s all he wants,” he said seriously.

“That’s all every guy wants,” I looked at him. He opened his mouth to object and I shook my head, “hey don’t even try to refute it, that’s the way it works and when you've got a reputation like mine no one is ever really going to care about me. I mean maybe in like ten years when all this is past me, when I’m older, but I’m never going to have a relationship of substance in these adolescent years and to think otherwise is ridiculous.”

He looked at me tentatively and put his hand on mine, “that’s not true, if you let them there will be plenty of people who care about you.”

I looked at his hand on mine and thought about everything Jenna and Bri had been joking about and suddenly became aware of everything. I bit my lip and pulled my hand away still looking at his, “I think I should go to my room, maybe sleep, I’m tired.”

He looked at me unsure and shrugged, “okay, I’ll walk you back.”

“No,” I jumped off the table, “no, I mean, it’s cool, I need to take a walk and clear my mind because it helps me sleep better.” He just kept his look of confusion on and I opened my mouth to say bye, but decided just to leave. I basically ran back to my room and slammed the door behind me and looked at Jenna and Bri who were just staring at me. I looked at them as if petrified, “I think Aiden Matthews likes me.” They both started laughing and I sighed sitting down next to them, “I’m serious, this is bad.”

“Aww honey,” Jenna put her arm around me, “tell me what happened.”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, “but he put his hand on mine and said he cared about me.”

“How terrible,” Bri said sarcastically.

“Why didn’t you guys tell me sooner,” I said angrily.

They both looked at each other and simultaneously said, “we did.” Jenna took the reins to go forward, “anyone with eyes could see that he was falling for you, well except you, and is that such an awful thing anyway?”

I shrugged, “I guess there are worse things.”

“Than a cute gold medal swimmer who is in love with you,” Jenna said.

“You don’t think he’s in love with me right,” I looked at them nervously and then continued, “I really don’t think I could handle that. What’s wrong with him and why did he have to do this to me, I can’t handle this.”

“What are you going to do about it,” Bri looked at me.

I sighed as I thought about it, “the usual, I have to avoid and ignore.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I haven't posted this in forever, and I just realized I had chapters written in my documents that weren't posted
so I thought why not post them