Get it Right

Morning of

Today we were practicing the 3m, the spring board, which may I point out is far more fun that the 10m, because this one bounces. “What is it about this board that makes me just want to bounce and never jump in,” I said looking down at where Jenna and Bri were shaking their heads.

“I’m pretty sure it’s not the board,” I stopped jumping and gave Jenna a confused look and she laughed, “I think it’s the fact that you are easily amused.” I nodded my head and continued to jump and then Jenna yelled, “Would you hurry up, some of us actually want to train.”

“I will jump in when I’m good and ready,” I said.

“Hello Ladies,” Aiden said as he leaned against the diving board, crossing his arms and looking at Jenna and Bri. I know Bri wasn’t a fan, but Jenna, as I said Jenna will hookup with anyone who is willing and ready for her.

I looked down from the board and said, “hello super ass,” I took a running start and then did a swan dive into the water and swam over, “what brings you to the only talented area in this fine establishment.”

He turned his attention from Jenna and Bri over to me and smirked, “oh good, I wanted to show you something Haze.” He took out a pair of goggles and started spinning them around his finger. I shrugged and he looked at the goggles, “how much do think these cost?”

“I bet you’re going to tell me,” I said.

“Bout 60 dollars,” he said smirking to himself.

I nodded, “yes because the five dollar ones at Wal-Mart just aren’t good enough for Aiden Matthews.” I rolled my eyes thinking about the ridiculous price, I bought new goggles for Anna like a week ago. Three dollars and they work perfectly.

“Exactly,” he said, “and because you lost mine, I got these nice new ones for free.” I rolled my eyes again because I knew it was coming. “That’s what happens when people want to sponsor you,” he smirked, “you know when they’re confident you’ll do good.” I narrowed my eyes, but said nothing.

“Can’t you just give her a break,” Jenna said coming to my rescue, “it’s not like she doesn’t get enough shit from everyone else.”

“Maybe if she stopped making stupid decisions,” he shrugged, “speaking of which are you guys going to Zack’s party?” I sighed, oh how I did want to go, but in an attempt to clean myself up, the party scene didn’t seem like the smartest idea. Though that’s what I always said and yet, I always seemed to find my way to the parties.

“Well,” Jenna started, “you can definitely count me in. I’m not too sure if Lilly was invited, but if she was she’ll be there because she’s desperate.” I laughed a little and I had no clue where Lilly was come to think of it. Jenna continued, “and since Nate already said he’s going to be there, of course Bri is going.” Bri elbowed Jenna lightly to which Jenna responded with a slight laugh, “and as for Izzy, she’s skeptical, even though she should go.” She was looking at me and I shrugged.

He looked over at me with an eyebrow raised, “wow, I thought for sure you’d go, I mean isn’t the party scene like a must for you, Haze.”

“Don’t think you know me so well, just cuz you’ve read a few tabloid articles,” I said.

“Izzy hardly ever goes to parties, she like disappears after three,” Jenna said.

“Yeah,” Bri joined in, “Izzy usually only makes an appearance when she needs to save Jenna’s ass.” Jenna elbowed her and then Bri stuck her tongue out.

He looked at me and said, “you should go, it’ll be fun.”

“That’s exactly what I said,” Jenna cut in, “I mean that, plus the fact that Zack personally invited her and that she’s had a crush on him since like he joined the club.”

“Jenna,” I said blushing and then ducking under the water to hide it. I popped back up and continued, “You need to learn when to shut up.” She just shrugged and went back to staring at Aiden, who was now for some reason staring at me.

“You…” he started with not only the look, but a sound of shock.

“Matthews, please stop distracting my divers,” Cal said walking over to where we were. Cal was nice, but he could be intimidating and scary so Aiden was out of there pretty quick. “And Izzy please stop lazing around and practice.” I rolled my eyes, but reluctantly got out of the water, he was pushing this because we had an invitational coming up, in France. Cal nodded his head before placing his eyes back on his clip board, which he held religiously, and then he retreated back to his office.

“Is it really that hard to keep a secret,” I said elbowing Jenna who was still staring off.

“Okay, he is so hot,” she turned back to me; obviously she hadn’t heard a word I said, “I call dibs.” She pointed at me like I had a history of stealing men or something.

I made a disgusted look, “you can have him, but be warned his ego is off the charts.”

She leaned against the ladder crossing her arms, “I think I’m going to have a good time at this party tonight.” The smirk forming on her lips was not a good sign and I put my hand on my forehead as if I were disappointed. “Don’t give me that look,” she remarked, “I really think it’ll be fun and that you should go. I mean no one knows where you disappear to at three, but just get to the party it starts at 8, so don’t get there till 9.”

“You might as well go,” Bri said shrugging, “even when you don’t want to, you always end up making an appearance.” She moved an accusing eye over to Jenna who put on a face of mock shock.

“You know I’m not really into the party scene,” I said.

“Yeah,” Jenna nodded, “but you are into Zack Tyler and this is your shot, besides according to every magazine I’ve ever read, parties are so your scene.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed, “That’s because someone always calls me down there.” She gave a guilty work, but nodded before climbing up to the diving board to make her jump. I watched her as she did hr dive, pointed toes, which was Jenna’s flaw, she always forgot it. She popped her head out of the water and splashed me. I made the hand motion I do to tell her that her toes weren’t pointed and she just scrunched up her nose. I laughed.

The rest of training went by excruciatingly slow and I had to clock out a tad earlier than usual because of how long the day was going. I packed my bag and put it over my shoulder, turned around, pointed at Jenna and yelled, “please don’t call me.”

“Be there at nine and I won’t have to,” she yelled.

I turned around shaking my head and started on my way out. Leaving early I could enjoy my walk over to Anna’s instead of running like I usually did. I walked by the pool hoping that for once Aiden would break his routine, but that was a waste of a wish. “So Haze,” he said looking at me, “you and Tyler?”

I rolled my eyes, “what's it to you?” I doubted it did, I was the trailer trash of Olympic athletes and he was probably only going to use this as further torment. Tell me that he’s too good for me or something else.

“Nothing," he shrugged, "just thought he was a bit out of your league."

I shrugged at the insult and then smiled, "I'm in a league of my own, Matthews." And with that I left.