Status: Slowly progressing :) School started so I'll try weekly updates when possible ;)

What's So Good About Picking Up The Pieces?

8) Ice Cold Water and Senior Year

Pls read the Author's note on the previous chapter if you haven't already. This one too (you can skip the first but though unless you actually care about how my exams went). Thanks!

These past few days have been going extremely well. I hadn’t cut myself in a long time and I’ve been hanging out with the All Time Low boys every day. That’s their band name if you haven’t guessed yet. Even though I probably wouldn’t admit it out loud, I’ve been happier than I’ve ever been since Dad and Quinn. I’m actually enjoying myself and the depression hasn’t been eating me inside.

It’s really funny how a bunch of perverted punks could make me feel this way, and it’s beyond amazing. Times with them are never boring and if it’s ever quiet, it’s the kind of comfortable silence you can only get with close friends. I’m flabbergasted with the way they’ve been so damn accepting of me. I’ve always thought myself as a freak, but they’ve already made me start to believe otherwise. They’re probably the best friends I’ve ever had despite the fact we had only met each other this past week. They treat me as if we’ve known each other forever, and with all the time we actually spend together, I wouldn’t be surprised if we were long lost pre-K buddies or some weirdass shit like that.

I’d been lying on my bed for the past few minutes, not wanting to get the hell up. It was today. The first day of senior year. This was the hardest year to fit in because everyone would’ve already had their own groups of friends or cliques or whatever. I was really worried, but I was sure that the guys would surely help me around throughout the day, they promised me so the day before.

I soon heard steps nearing my bedroom and shut my eyes tight. I really did not want to get out of bed. What could I say? It was comfortable.

“Nikki? Get up! It’s your first day of school!” I heard my mother say.

“Mhhhhmmmmmmm…” I mumbled.

“Get up! Don’t be lazy now!” I could feel my mom shaking me.

“Five more minutes ma!” I said

“Fine, but if you’re late, don’t say I told you so!” I heard her footsteps leave the room.

After a while of lying in my bed, I could hear footsteps approach my room once again.

“I don’t want to get up so don’t make me!” I screamed at my mother. I was definitely not a morning person. Then suddenly the footsteps were nearby and a bucket of ice cold water was thrown upon me.

“OH MY GOD! WHAT THE FUCK!? AAAAAARRRRGGHHHHH!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I shot up. As soon as I opened my eyes I found Alex and Jack on the floor laughing their asses off with my mom smiling sheepishly behind them.

“What the hell did you guys do that for?” I said, glaring at them, which only made them laugh even harder.

“I called Alex and asked them to help wake you up,” my mother smiled at me, “And I’m glad to see it worked. I ‘ll be downstairs with breakfast so hurry!” and she left my room.

“Holy shit! You should’ve seen your face! It was hilarious!” Alex said, still laughing.

“Yeah,” Jack said, “I can’t wait ‘til Rian and Zack hear about this!”

“You guys suck,” I said, “Now would you so kindly leave my room so I can change?”

Alex smirked, “No need, we’d love to watch you change.”

Jack tried to suppress his laughter, “Oh yeah baby, I bet you’re real smoking.”

“Oh God!” I screeched while throwing a pillow at them, “You guys are such perverts!

“You love it,” Alex said, “so you better hurry up or else we’ll eat all your food before you!”

“FOOD!” Jack screamed, “MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

I just shook my head at them as they left my room and proceeded to change. I put on my favorite pair of black skinny jeans, The Used tank top, pink cardigan, and my black Converse I’d laced pink last night. I also put on my multiple bracelets. I didn’t wear them just to cover my scars, I actually love wearing bracelets and my wrists feel weird when I don’t wear them because I’m so used to them. I didn’t bother taking a shower since I already took one last night. Then I tied my hair into a messy bun.

As I walked down the stairs I could already hear Alex bickering about something, as they usually did.

“No!” I heard Alex say, “’Enema of The State’ is so much better than ‘Take Off Your Pants and Jacket,’ I mean, ‘Aliens Exist’ is a kick-ass song.”

“Fuck you,” Jack said, “’Take Off Your Pants and Jacket’ is their best record to date! I mean ‘Shut Up’ is the best song ever!”

Alex chuckled, “You only like that song because it has loads of profanities in it.”

“Stop using big words!” Jack whined, “You know I’m not in college yet!”

I couldn’t help but laugh as I approached them in the kitchen and they promptly looked up at me and smiled, pancakes and bacon still in their mouths.

“How are you this fine morning Holmes?” Jack said in an overly posh voice.

“Well, my dear Watson, I just had a bucket of ice cold water thrown on me and instead of my friends helping me, they laughed at me.” I said in the same accent, my voice laced with sarcasm.

“Good then! Now dig in! Your mom makes the best bacon and pancakes!” Jack said.

“No need to tell me twice!” and I dug in.

“How’d your mom make the pancakes? I want to try making them sometime.” Alex said.

“You can cook?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” Jack said, “he may not seem like it, but he’s a really good cook!”

“I can make something for you sometime, but you have to tell me the recipe first!” Alex said.

“It’s the usual you know, flour, water, eggs, but it’s also laced with placentas and Rohypnol!” I replied, trying my best not to laugh as Alex and Jack gagged on their pancakes.

I couldn’t stand it anymore; I broke into an uncontrollable fit of laughter. They glared at me.

“Think that’s funny huh?” Alex said.

“Payback’s a bitch,” I smirked. My mom chose that moment to drop in.

“You guys set to go?” she asked.

“Yup,” Alex replied, “Is it okay for Nikki to ride with us from now on? I mean, it’ll save gas and I live next door and Jack lives around the corner, so we wouldn’t mind, in fact, we’d love it!”

“Sure,” my mother smiled at him and reached for a cookbook, “Give this to your mother would you? It’s a Delia Smith cookbook, and it has the pancake recipe that she’s been asking for.”

“Okay thanks Helen!” Alex said, “See you later!”

“Bye guys! Bye Nikki, love you!” she said and kissed me on the cheek.

“BYE!” Jack and I said at the same time and left my abode.

“Well, it looks like I can make those pancakes after all!” Alex said.

“Sure, let’s go to school.”

Once we arrived at school 10 minutes later I noticed that it was like a normal high school, cliques and all. Great. They were all hanging by the school’s courtyard, and I had to admit, for a public high school, it looked pretty nice. The school was made with brick walls and the flowers they had planted around looked beautiful.

“Come on Nikki!” Jack said excitedly, grabbing my hand, “Welcome to Dulaney High! Let’s get our schedules!”

We walked to the office together and got out schedules, examining and comparing our schedules. I had English Language and Composition, World History, Music, Physics B, Calculus AB, and P.E. All my classes were AP classes with the exception of Music and P.E.

“Whoa,” Jack said, “You’re really fucking smart.”

“Oh,” I blushed, “Thanks, I guess.”

“Looks like we’re in the same English and Music class!” Alex said and hugged me.

“Cool,” I said, “How about Jack?”

“He’ll be in the same P.E. as us. All the seniors take it together.” Alex said.

“Good, then at least I won’t be alone!” Jack said, “Alex and I are in all the same classes, except English.”

“What about me?” I asked, I really didn’t want to be alone.

Jack glanced at his phone and looked at me, “Rian has all the same classes as you, don’t worry, he just texted me his schedule. He just won’t be with you for English. We’re all in the same Music class so that’s great!”

“What about Zack?” I asked curiously.

“He’s in the same classes as Jack. Now let’s go to homeroom! Senior year bitches!” Jack screamed and proceeded to run down the hallway whilst dragging me along.

“Hey! Wait up!” Alex screamed while trying to catch up.

“MWAHAHAHAHAH!” Jack laughed.

Senior seemed to be looking up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hai :) Sorry I didn't update sooner like I said, but school just ended and holy titty fuck I'm happy! My Spanish exam was the last one, and I didn't even study for it. It was comprehension anyway, but it's frustrating when your Spanish teacher decides that 7th graders can take the exact same test as the 10th graders and still pass (yea I'm in 7th grade, but I can act older than I am, so yea, sorry if that makes you not wanna read this story anymore haha). Oh well, I'll find out my grade in January. I only got my Math and English tests back, and I'm really happy with them :) English is my best subject so yea... full marks mutha fuckaaa!! Well, not Math, not really my forte and choosing the harder level exam wasn't the best idea. I'm actually really scared to get my tests back because I'm a perfectionist and I want good grades (but I don't really deserve them since I barely study). I'm also practicing basketball more lately since I'm on the team again this year :) And just like last year, I'm the youngest and shortest on the team -.-

I know, I know, no bitches! But don't worry, they'll be in the next chapter :) Just wanted to get this little filler out of the way before the real drama happens :) *evil laugh*

Thanks to all my subscribers and to all who commented! Glad to know my story isn't down in the dumps haha :P Please comment! I appreciate all of them, but please don't spam the comments or my message *cough* Janelle *cough* and please tell me what you liked or disliked specifically! That's the comments that help me the most :)

Feel free to follow me on tumblr and twitter! My username for both is blinkbunnies, and I might update about my updates on Mibba and if I make another story *wink wink* I'll follow you back of you tell me you found me on Mibba, unless it's tumblr, because I follow back on that one since I need more shit on my dash haha :P Tell me your usernames too so I'll know who you are :)

ALSO!! If I posted a story I wrote about the Civil War, would you read it? It's 7 chapters, and it was actually my Social Studies project (which I got full marks on BTW (: ) Please tell me! I'd really like for your guys' feedback on it if I post it since I'm proud of it and it's probably my best writing to date. It's a bit graphic though and it's not very lighthearted, seeing as it's not a lighthearted topic.

Please read my poem too! It's on my profile and it's entitled "I Dreamed a Dream." I wanna know what you guys think of it :)

Anywhore, thanks for your support and see you hustlers later :)

TTYL, DFTBA and Don't Panic ;)

P.S. If you didn't get the placenta and Rohypnol and the Delia Smith jokes, you should watch danisinotonfire and AmazingPhil on YouTube, they're brilliant :D

P.P.S. The last I checked I had 69 subscribers! *breaks down into laughter* anyway, that's a lot of people for me to be reading my story, so thank you guys so much!