Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

News

We slept all day Sunday except for once I woke up because of a bad dream. Joey was walking out of the bathroom and saw me sitting up and sweaty. He motions for me to come to him and I listen. He smiles and wraps his arms around me and pulls me down on his bed next to him. I quickly fell into a dreamless sleep.

Joey's alarm went off bright and early Monday. I was in the shower and I heard it start beeping. Then I heard him slowly get out of bed as I cut the shower off. I had woken up to my hunger about thirty minutes beforehand.

"Izzy?" Joey's voice says loudly and I walk out of the bathroom to see him looking around with a worried face.

"I was in the shower." I say laughing at him.

"Well I was scared. You kept mumbling to save you in your sleep." Joey says his face turning red. I was talking in my sleep? This is not good.

"I don't talk in my sleep." I say quietly.

"I beg to differ." Joey says changing shirts quickly.

"Let's go eat, I'm starving." I say as my stomach growls loudly.

"I can see that." Joey says poking my stomach and then running away from my hand which was about to swat him.

We enter the cafeteria and fill out plates so high that I'm surprised they didn't fall over. We take our seats and stuff our faces, after all we haven't eaten in a day.

"Missed ya'll yesterday." Chris says as we keep eating.

"Yeah, we had bets to what you two were doing." Jake says wagging his eyebrows. I roll my eyes and eat my bacon.

"So...Joey, did you get some?" Ron says smiling sly and I slap the back of his head.

"We were sleeping, that's it." Joey says rolling his eyes at me which causes me to grin.

"Scotty wins." Scotty says holding out his hand to which the guys all put a dollar in. I laugh but keep eating. When we finally finish I excuse myself to go to the bathroom, telling the guys that I would meet up with them later.

I walked out of the bathroom to find the halls empty. I went to my class to find that no one was in there. They didn't say class was canceled. It shouldn't be. It wasn't a holiday. I slowly walked around the campus trying to find someone, anyone.

"Hey! You there!" A campus cop yells at me and I jump turning around.

"Yes sir." I say slowly glancing at him.

"Go back to your room. We're on lock down. Didn't you hear?" He says and I shake my head slowly.

"I'll go there now." I say rushing off. Why are we on lock down? Is this a test run? What if he's here? Elizabeth, calm down. He's in jail. He isn't here. It's just a test. It has to be.

"Izzy!" the guys yell as I walk into my room. I jump back as each of them give me a hug.

"Chill, I told you I was going to the bathroom." I say setting my book bag down.

"Didn't you hear?" Scotty says quickly.

"That we're on lock down? Yeah, a campus cop told me." I say shrugging it off.

"Why are you not freaking out?" Chris says shaking me.

"It's just a test right?" I say rolling my eyes and heading to the couch.

"I can't believe you didn't hear." Joey says grabbing the remote and turning on the news.

Urgent news today folks, there has been a mass breakout from the prison that is right next to the all boys school in this very town. Now the boys school is on lock down and we have no reason to believe that any of the prisoners are headed that way. They should've thought it through before building a school and a prison withing 100 miles of each other.

"There's a prison nearby?" I say my heart dropping. Joey nods and then points back to the screen.

The ones who have broken out are Gill Lobster, who is a convicted robber and robbed at least three banks that we know of. Also there is Adam Shelton, who is a convicted serial killer. Everyone needs to keep a watch out for them. But the worst is probably Leon Miller. He was convicted for raping a young girl at the age of 11 who got separated from her family while at a carnival. He escaped prison once and found the same girl five years later. He raped and then murdered her. Her family is still in deep sorrow and we will not mention the names. He is not to be messed with, he killed ten cops when escaping last time and three this time. He wants what he wants and will not stop for anything to get it.

"Leon Miller...I've heard of that story before." Ron says slowly.

"Yeah I did too, the girl he took was gone for like a week with him before she was found." Chris says quietly.

"She was only 11 years old. It scared my mom cause she was the same age and for months we had to go everywhere with her." Scotty says nodding.

"Her brother lost her at a carnival. He was on the news begging for her to come back. Then a few years later the guy broke out and got her for another week." Jake says quietly.

"Raped her again, and then beat her pretty badly." Joey says.

"No one knows all the details about her death though. They kept that quiet." Scotty says.

"Who would want to hear what he did?" Chris mumbles.

"Her funeral was big. Her family went all out, making sure that she went out decent. That way no one would remember her as what happened to her but as just her." Joey says quietly.

"Are you okay?" Scotty asks looking at me. My face was locked on the TV. They were still talking about the breakout. I only saw one thing. His face, the face that haunted me. He was free. He was close. This was not okay.

"I'm fine." I say slowly breaking out of my trance. I needed to go see Ms. Smith. I stood up and left the room in a hurry.

"Where are you going?" Joey asks following me.

"I have to go talk to someone. I'll be back." I say quickly grabbing a jacket and my key.

"We're on lock down." Joey says blocking the door.

"Let me through." I say glaring at him.

"What's wrong?" He asks and I shake my head trying not to cry. I was scared. I knew he could tell. I needed to get to my aunt, and quick.

"Nothing. I need to go." I say trying to push him off the door, it didn't work.

"You can't go." Scotty says from behind me. They don't understand. They'll never understand. They can't know. I shouldn't be here. I'm putting them in harm. I need to leave.

"Let me go." I say letting a tear fall.

"No." Joey says grabbing my arms. I fight. I fight with all I have.

"Stop, calm down." Joey says wrapping his arms around him. I keep punching him trying to get free. I just need to go see Ms. Smith. That's it. I just need to talk to her.

"You don't understand! You don't get it! You don't understand." I keep saying hitting him. He just holds me and whispers for me to explain it.

"You don't understand. You just don't." I say falling to the floor and taking him with me.

"Izzy, talk to me." Joey says holding my face in his hands.

"I can't." I whisper letting him rock me back and forth. He can't know. I shouldn't of freaked out. He can't know.

There was a knock on the door and I freeze. We all glance at the door and Joey nods at Scotty to get it. The rest of the guys stood around us all blocking me. It would normally offend me but I just can't worry about being offended right now.

"I need to see Elizabeth." A voice says and I glance up to see Ms. Smith standing there. She looked as worried as me but she hid it a lot better.

"Elizabeth, come with me please." Ms. Smith says and I nod slowly getting to my feet and letting go of Joey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mass prison breakout. Exciting. Okay so when I said I had a few chapters. I looked, I have like 40 something. So I'm stopping for a bit to see how people like it before I post anything else. So comment please!