Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

Always

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Joey says as I crawl into bed.

"What are you talking about?" I say sucking back my tears. I'd been thinking about leaving ever since Howard said something. I should be happy. If they catch him, it's over. He's dead and gone.

"Something is wrong with you. I can tell." Joey says changing pulling his shirt off and crawling into bed.

"I'm fine." I say rolling to face the wall.

"I know you're not. Did your dad say something tonight?" Joey says and I can feel his eyes on me.

"No." I say.

"Izzy, talk to me." Joey pleads.

"Joey, there's nothing to say." I say turning to face him. I shouldn't of faced him. His eyes were full of worry and hurt for me being rude. I knew I might not be able to spend more time with him and my eyes started to fill with tears.

"Izzy, don't cry. Please don't." Joey says his voice getting softer.

"I'm not." I say wiping my eyes and turning away from him yet again. I hear some noise and before I know it I was lifted out of bed and carried to his.

"Joey, what are you doing?" I ask in an even voice.

"Izzy, you're one of my best friends. I'm not going to let you be alone when you're upset. If you don't want to talk, fine. But I'm not going to let you be alone." Joey says softly stroking my hair.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I say letting the tears come.

"Izzy, it's what friends do." Joey says smiling softly at me.

"Joey, what if I have to leave?" I say through my sobs.

"Izzy, we'll still be friends." Joey says wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Joey, I won't be close by. He'll move us again." I say trying to clam myself down.

"Look at me, Izzy." Joey says moving so I could see his face.

"It doesn't matter. Nothing will stop me from being your friend." Joey says holding me.

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do. We'll be friends forever." Joey whispers holding me close.

"Forever?" I say chuckling a little bit.

"Always." Joey whispers kissing my forehead. I nodded a curled up closer to him trying to clam myself down to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is way way short. And I'm sorry. But the next won't be nearly as short(: