Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

Whoa Baby

"Whoa Baby!" Four voices yell waking us up. Joey jumps and I do too.

"What are you doing in here?" Joey yells throwing a pillow at them.

"Whoa baby." Jake says quietly.

"What are you doing here?" I demand waiting for Joey to move so I could.

"They were letting me in." Howard says stepping into our doorway.

"Oh....lord." I mumble to myself as Joey falls out of bed trying to get away from me.

"I'll be in the lobby. We need to talk young lady." Howard says narrowing his eyes toward me before turning on his heel and leaving. A hush fell over the room as I got out of bed and slammed drawers getting clothes out.

"Great. Thanks guys really great." I say glaring at Scotty who I knew had the spare key to our room. I slammed the door to the bathroom and started getting ready.

I'm dead. Howard will kill me. Howard will do worse than kill me. He's worse than a real dad. I just told him I wasn't attached, I wasn't dating...well at least the last part is true.

"JOEY GOT LAID!" I hear Jake yell.

"SHUT UP!" Joey yells and I hear a thud meaning that something was thrown.

"Did you?" Jake says in a lower voice but loud enough that I could hear.

"No you idiot." Joey says and I can see him rolling his eyes.

"I don't believe you." Jake says.

"Well lucky for me I don't care." Joey says sounding annoyed.

"She is so screwed." Chris says and I mentally agree.

"Not as screwed as she was last night, right Joey?" Jake says and I hear another thud.

"Drop it Jake." Scotty says.

"Her dad was mad." Ron says.

"Yeah he was, I never would of let him in if I had known..." Scotty says trailing off at the end.

"It's fine man. She'll get over it." Joey says with confidence.

"She looked pissed." Jake says.

"She is, but she'll be fine." Joey says.

"Doubt it." Scotty mumbles as I open the bathroom door.

"Izzy?" Joey says slowly as I grab my stuff for school.

"I have to go talk to my dad." I say refusing to face him.

"Izzy..." Joey says quietly.

"I got to go." I say leaving the room. I was still mad that Scotty let Howard in. He shouldn't of done that, but I know he felt bad. I'll forgive him at lunch. I just want him to squirm a bit.

"Elizabeth." Howard's voice says as I step out of the elevator.

"What?" I say crossing my arms. He motions for us to step inside an empty room to get some privacy.

"What was that?" Howard says looking sternly at me.

"What?" I repeat.

"You were in bed with that boy."

"His name is Joey." I say staring at him evenly.

"I thought you said you weren't dating him."

"I'm not."

"So you just regularly get in bed with boys?" Howard says evenly glaring at me. Ouch, that one hurts.

"You're supposed to know me better than myself, you tell me." I say trying to show that he can't get to me.

"Well I thought you'd be a bit more responsible than this. That's why I chose an all boys school. I thought you could handle it."

"I can handle it. I'm doing a damn good job."

"Yeah if a good job means sleeping around."

"How dare you! Just because you act like my father doesn't mean you are. You don't know a damn thing about me and I'm telling the truth, nothing happened!"I say raising my voice slightly.

"I don't believe you." Howard says.

"I don't care. I have to get to class." I say turning on my heel and walking away from him. I could see him following me. I forgot he was shadowing me today, this is not going to be good.

"Ms. Elizabeth, there you are." My Spanish teacher says as I take my seat.

"Hello, I'm her father. I believe you were sent a note bout me following her around today." Howard says and he nods before starting to teach. Howard sat in the back of the room but I could feel his eyes on me.

I could feel Joey's eyes on me too. I was embarrassed. I didn't want to look at him. I could still hear the guys yelling whoa baby. I can't believe this happened to me. I'm taking that extra key back. I'm setting rules. I'm never sharing a bed with Joey again.

"Izzy." Joey says and I snap my head up to see everyone leaving. I must of not heard the bell.

"Off to math?" I say grabbing my stuff and avoiding his eyes. Joey catching up with me keeping his stride the same as mine as we walk down the hall.

"Izzy, what happened?" Joey asks quietly because Howard was behind us.

"Nothing, Joey. Nothing." I say taking my seat.

I went through the day all the way to lunch without talking to anyone else. I got my food and sat down at our table. Everyone got really quiet.

"I'll be back after lunch." Howard says to me before leaving the lunch room. I forgot he was behind me.

"Izzy?" Joey says quietly. I take a deep breath and look into his eyes, everything suddenly seemed better.

"Scotty, I'm sorry I snapped at you. It's not your fault." I say turning to my right.

"We're all good." Scotty says giving me an one armed hug.

"So did you sleep with him?" Jake says eagerly.

"No idiot." I say rolling my eyes at Joey who laughs.

"So what did your dad say?" Chris asks quickly.

"That I'm a slut apparently." I say stabbing my food with my fork.

"Whoa baby." Jake says quietly.

"He said what?!" Joey says outraged.

"Its nothing. He just implied that I might be sleeping around."

"That's not nothing."

"It's not true so it doesn't matter. He won't move me. And he's leaving tomorrow." I say stabbing my fork into my chicken again.

"I've got to go." Joey says standing up and walking away.

"What's his issue?" Jake says with a mouth full of food.

"You're an idiot." Scotty says.

"Someone explain to me too." I say slowly.

"Really?" Chris says looking at me.

"Yes really." I say looking at them evenly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. This is the last one for now. Comments please.