Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

Does he?

Scotty was looking at me like I was the biggest idiot in the world.

"Just tell me what his deal is." I say looking him dead on.

"You have to know." Chris says slowly looking at Scotty.

"I don't." I say firmly. I wish they would just go ahead and say it.

"He's angry that your dad called you a slut." Scotty says slowly.

"I know that much." I reply rolling my eyes.

"OHMYGOSH!" Jake yells really loudly and we all jump and look at him.

"What?!" I demand.

"I get it now." Jake says sheepishly smiling at me with this crazy grin.

"I don't!" I whine.

"It's not up to us to tell you." Ron says quietly.

"It's something really obvious." Jake adds.

"Just think about how he acts around you." Chris says slowly.

"Better yet, just think how he looks at you." Scotty says biting his lip. I knew he didn't want to give away much more.

"Fine, I'll figure it out myself. Losers." I say getting up and leaving the lunchroom. Maybe a walk would clear my head.

I knew Joey cared about me. But friends care about each other, so what's his deal? He was really mad when I said Howard called me a slut. I mean I could see anger in his eyes. He's so protective sometimes, it's sweet. And he always is picking at me, making me laugh, and just being a great roommate.

"So what's the deal?" I mumble to myself as I walked around the campus with my head down.

"Talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity." a voice says and I snap my head up to see Zack walking beside me.

"When did you get here?" I say narrowing my eyes at him and coming to a stop.

"Just now obviously. I wanted to talk to you." he says looking down at me.

"I don't want to talk to you." I snap walking away.

"What's up your butt today?" Zack says keeping his stride next to mine. I halt again and face him glaring at him.

"Nothing that concerns you." I snap crossing my arms.

"You and your sweetheart have a fight?" Zack says smirking at me.

"What are you talking about?" I growl annoyed.

"Joey, dummy. It's so obvious that he's like head over heels for you." Zack says rolling his eyes.

"He is not. We're just friends." I say sighing.

"Someone really is insane." Zack says laughing.

"He doesn't like me." I say but something in the back of my head asked...does he?

"Yeah and you aren't hiding something." Zack says back totally seriously.

"You need to drop it." I say getting dead serious.

"Not until you tell me what was up with the tears."

"Go away Zack."

"Tell me the truth. I just want to know."

"The truth is that I don't like you and you were the reason for the tears and the sickness and all that so just DROP IT." I snap letting all my anger out. He looked hurt but part of me was glad, maybe he'd drop it now.

"This isn't the end of this conversation." Zack says looking over my shoulder with a glare.

"Leave me alone Zack." I say and surprisingly he walks away from me leaving me standing on the sidewalk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments! Its means so much(: