Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

A girl? Whoa.

"Come on, walk faster." Joey says grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hallway into an elevator.

"Stop, there's no one around. I want to walk." I say fixing my hoodie so it would cover my hair completely.

"We're alone." Joey says hitting the button to the first floor. I roll my eyes at him and yank my arm out of his grip so I could fix my hoodie properly.

"Guys are going to see me, I know that." I say looking up at him and crossing my arms.

"I'm just trying to help." Joey says running his hand through his hair. He does that a lot, I've noticed. It's kind of cute. No, June, I mean Elizabeth, what are you thinking; you are not here to get close to people.

"I know. I'm just saying I can handle myself." I say looking across the elevator away from Joey.

"Fine, I'll stop helping then. I'll just lead you there." Joey says pulling out his phone and sending a text message.

"Fine." I snap rolling my eyes yet again. I need to stop doing that. The elevator stops and Joey walks out of it quickly and I follow directly on his heels. Guys were everywhere, I was surprised that no one spotted me yet, this whole hood thing was working. We went outside and it got real windy. My hood was slipping and I grabbed a hold of it. My hair started to fly everywhere and soon the hood wasn't doing anything for me.

"Dude, you have long hair."

"Dude, that's not a dude."

"Dude, it's a chick."

"A girl? Whoa."

"No way a girl!"

"Uh-oh." I mumble and I look around frantically for Joey who I lost in the mess. Guys were suddenly all around me. I didn't know what to do. They were all over me but I couldn't move anywhere.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?"

"Hey you're pretty hot, let me take you out."

"You from California? Cause girl you are unforgettable."

"Call 911, there's a fire here."

"Man, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

Guys came up to me one by one asking questions and hitting one me. It was insane. I just wanted some food. Lord, help me.

"Leave me alone. Stop it. I just want some food." I say pushing past guys trying to find an open area.

"Let me take you out." a guy says grabbing my arm. I turn around to see a tall handsome guy holding my arm. He was wearing a leather jacket and had long black hair that feel over his eyes. He has piercings and deep blue eyes. He was hot, there's no doubt about that; but I didn't like him holding my arm like that.

"Excuse me but I didn't ask you to touch me." I say yanking my arms out of his grip.

"Everyone back off." He yells to the crowd and everyone shrinks away slowly.

"I didn't need your help." I growl turning away from him.

"I'm Zack." He says smirking at me as he grabs my arm to stop me from leaving.

"Again, don't touch me." I snap pulling my arm away or trying to. His smirk and attitude was horrible, I didn't like it. It gave me the chills in a disgusting way.

"You're a girl. What are you doing here?" Zack says refusing to let me go.

"I go to school here now." I growl glaring at him.

"You're feisty. What's your name?" Zack says pulling me towards a bench where he sits us both down and pulls me closer. I felt so helpless but I was fighting against him.

"It's not your business. I need to get some food. Let me go." I snarl trying to leave my place next to him.

"You're not getting away from me." Zack says quietly. I shudder, it wasn't too long ago that someone else said that to me. I close my eyes and cringe away from him.

"Izzy! Are you okay?" A familiar voice says and I hear footsteps running to me. Zack's grip was gone and I open my eyes to see him standing face to face with Joey.

"Joey." I say with a full out smile on my face.

"Joey, I think you need to leave. Me and this beautiful young lady were hitting it off." Zack says glaring at him.

"She looked a bit scared of you." Joey says tilting his head.

"Back off McCreery." Zack snaps his fists clenching.

"Stop it. Both of you. Joey, take me to get some food now." I say stepping towards him.

"Oh, I see how it is. Joey's already got you under his fake little spell. You'll see the truth about him soon enough." Zack says smirking at me.

I grab Joey's arm as he clenches his own fists. He looks down at me and nods but doesn't move. I tug on his arm a little trying to get him to budge. Stupid guys, have to be stronger than me.

"Zack, mess with her again and it will be the last thing you do." Joey says in a deadly voice.

"Joey, come on." I say tugging on his arm again. This time he lets me pull him away from Zack. I didn't like the thought of some guy trying to be after me. I've been through that before and didn't want to go back. I hated this.

"Joey!" a group of guys yells and Joey grins at them. He grabs my hand and pulls me along to some guys that I assumed were his friends.

"You weren't lying."

"There's really a girl here!"

"A girl? Whoa."

"This is awesome."

"What's wrong Joey?"

"Zack." Joey mumbles to his friends shrugging it off.

"It's better to just ignore him Joey. You know that." A guy with brown hair and the same build as Joey says.

"Introduce us to your roommate." A guy with black hair says.

"I'm Elizabeth Rivers." I say smiling at the group of guys. There were five of them. All of the same build, all super hot. This school was a breeding ground for hot guys obviously.

"I'm Scotty." the guy with brown hair that told Joey to ignore Zack says shaking my hand.

"I'm Ron." the guy with red hair says smiling down at me.

"I'm Jake." the guy with black hair says winking at me as he shakes my hand. He got a smack upside the head from Joey for that.

"I'm Chris." A guy with blond hair says. He kind of quiet but oh so cute.

"Nice to meet you all. Joey can we please eat now." I say whining a little bit as my stomach growls again.

"She's hungry. Man, don't starve the only girl we'll see all year." Jake says hitting Joey.

"I was trying to get her there but the school kind of messed that up. So I called you for back up." Joey says rolling his eyes.

"Is there going to be a lot of guys in the cafeteria?" I say quietly glancing at Joey. I was kind of sick of the attention. I wanted to go unnoticed. This might not of been the best school to go to.

"There's guys everywhere." Ron says laughing at me.

"We won't let them get to you." Chris says quietly.

"That's right. We got your back." Scotty says smiling at me.

"Thank you." I say smiling up at Joey who I knew was to blame for these guys being here.

"I told you that you'd need my help. I'm giving it to the needy." Joey says smiling down at me before offering his arm to lead me to the cafeteria.

I gladly took it with an eye roll. The guys all stopped talking when we walked in. I looked at the floor and let Joey lead me through the place to get our food. There were whispers everywhere.

"A girl? What's she doing here? She's hot. A girl? Whoa." was whispered all around the cafeteria. I blush and grab Joey's arm tighter.

"Don't worry. It's us. We are super popular here." Jake says flashing a grin at me.

"I'm sure." I say laughing as we get our food and go to what I guessed was their table because no one was sitting there.

"We are. We rule this place." Scotty says seriously.

"Somehow I just don't believe that." I say laughing my head off.

"We really are popular. We're all on the baseball team." Joey says looking at me smiling. I stop laughing. They were teammates, on a baseball team. This team was amazing from what I read. I wanted to be on it. I had always been an amazing pitcher. I wasn't supposed to be drawing attention to myself. I was told not to, but they couldn't get in contact to scold me. Maybe I could do this.

"Baseball huh? What positions?" I ask excitedly.

"You're a baseball fan?" Chris says looking up from his food.

"I'm not a fan, I'm a player." I say grinning at the guys' surprised faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are welcome(: