Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

About Time

"Izzy talk to me." Joey says once the guys had left us.

"I don't know what you are talking about Joey. I just want to go to bed." I say rolling my eyes at him once again.

"The beer must be wearing off. Want another one?" Joey says pulling out a couple of bottles.

"Why do you have those?" I ask slowly taking one. He opens it for me and I take a sip. I should stop drinking I know. I couldn't help it. It made me feel better. And at this point, one more wouldn't hurt.

"Talk to me." Joey says sitting on my bed next to me. He whispered it in my ear and I felt his breath go down my neck. I shivered slightly and took another sip.

"I just wanted tonight to go differently." I say slowly taking another drink. He sips his own beer and then cocks his head to the side. He was so cute. I mean like beyond adorable. I knew I was a mess. I knew I was drunk but all I wanted to do was kiss him.

I leaned in and slowly kissed his lips to answer his question. He kissed me back. And soon we both had set our drinks on the table and were kissing each other with an urgency, like one of us would soon disappear. It was everything I had ever wanted. This is what I wanted from the start. I wanted him.

"Hey Joey! E, left her phone in my pocket!" Scotty says banging on our door. We jump apart and I blush deeply. He did too.

"I'll be right back." He whispers pushing my hair out of my face. I smile at him and he walks to the door.

"How is Elizabeth?" Scotty asks as Joey pulls open the door.

"I think she's feeling better." Joey says glancing back at me with a smile.

"You do realize this was all your fault right?" Scotty says and I see him hit Joey's arm lightly.

"Well, yeah. I know."

"She really cares for you." Scotty says.

"I know. I'm going to fix it." Joey promises him and Scotty must of accepted that answer because Joey was closing the door and headed back to me.

"Scotty seems real worried about you." Joey says sitting down next to me.

"He cares. He's like my brother." I say smiling as I realize how true that is.

"I have to tell you something. But I think you might want to clean up first. You don't look comfy." Joey says helping me to my feet. I grab some pj's and head to the bathroom.

A million thoughts ran through my head. I just made out with Joey, on my bed! We probably would've kept going if Scotty hadn't interrupted. I'm insane. I'm not ready for that. I haven't...even kissed a guy since...well..yeah. I'm officially insane. I can't do that. Even if Joey makes me feel as safe as ever, I'm not. I'll never be safe. I can't do this. What have I done? I've gotten to close. It's not safe, but part of me wants to walk back out there and plant another one on him. I'm not thinking clear. This is crazy.

"I'm going to shower. I'll be right back." Joey says as I sit on my bed. I nod and wait for him to come out.

I lay back on my bed and fall asleep the minute I do.

I wake up the next morning with Joey beside me. I don't remember anything. My head was pounding. I have a faint memory of kissing Joey but that couldn't of happened. I'm just insane.

"Morning beautiful." Joey says kissing my forehead.

"Joey, what happened last night? My head is pounding." I say touching his face.

"Maybe I can jog your memory." He says with a smile. I cock my head to the side with confusion and he kisses me right on the mouth. I smile and kiss him right back.

"GET IT JOEY!" Jake yells and we jump apart to see all the guys standing in our doorway. Scotty was holding a key in his hand laughing at us.

"Go away." I say throwing a pillow.

"No way, it's hangover Saturday. We always hang out." Jake says laughing loudly. I grab my head and grumble about how loud he was.

"All I have to say is ABOUT TIME!" Ron suddenly yells laughing at our faces.

"For real, we've been waiting all year." Chris says going into our little den with Ron and Jake on his heels.

"Now you lovebirds come on." Scotty says laughing and following them.

"About time." Joey whispers turning to me and I smile giving him a peck on the lips.

About time is right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoop Whoop. Okay, be honest, who saw that coming?