Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

Hangover Saturday

"I can't believe you two are finally together." Scotty whisper to me as Joey gets us water bottles from a cooler that Jake brought.

"Finally?" I whisper back giving him a look.

"Yes, we all knew it would happen at some point. We were just waiting for one of you to step up and make it happen. I mean you act like ya'll are dating anyways." Scotty whispers as Joey comes back and takes a seat next to me.

"What are you two whispering about?" Joey says raising his eyebrows at us. I take a water bottle of him and just smile.

"Nothing." Scotty says taking a water bottle from him too. I smile brighter as Joey throws his arm around me and Jake complains about how we should never drink again.

"Like you are going to stop drinking." I say laughing softly.

"I might. I just need to remember how I feel now." Jake moans holding his head.

"You will forget that the minute you see a pretty girl that is offering you a beer." Chris says with a chuckle.

"This is true. There were some pretty good ones out there last night." Jake says thoughtfully.

"Oh yeah there were." Scotty says rolling his eyes.

"Just because you didn't find one doesn't mean there weren't." Ron says laughing at Scotty's face.

"For real, there was this black headed chick who gave me a run for my money." Jake says grinning like a fool.

"You danced with a blond all night." I state having another memory about the night before.

"Because this girl rejected me! I had to make her jealous." Jake says sighing at me.

"Is that what guys think? They have to make a girl jealous to get them to like them." I say rolling my eyes.

"Well, I do." Jake says laughing as the rest of the guys just roll their eyes.

"It does seem to work sometimes." Chris states looking at me with a point.

"What?" I say looking at him confused.

"You and Joey did get together after you got drunk because he was dancing with some chick." Ron says smiling at me.

"I did not get drunk because of that!" I snap throwing a pillow at him.

"It's okay to be jealous." Joey whispers into my ear which earns him a slap on the chest.

"I was not jealous anymore than you are jealous of me being good friends with any of these guys." I say rolling my eyes at him.

"Who says I'm not?" Joey whispers softly. I eye him with some humor trying to decide if he was serious or not.

"Let's just watch some TV." I say changing the subject quickly and cutting on the news.

"Look it's that story of that girl again." Jake says as I flip through the channels causing me to stop quickly.

"Update on the Leon Miller story. As we all know he was last spotted near the home of June's family and at her grave. Most recently the family of June has experienced a break in. Everyone is fine. None of them were home. They happened to be at a benefit of June's memory at the school. Their house was fine except for June's old room which they never had the heart to change. It was torn apart as if someone was looking for something or some clue to anything. If it was Leon, no one understands what he was looking for. June is dead. The only thing the police can say is that they are thankful the family wasn't in there and that maybe he wanted a piece of her since she herself is gone. Personally, I don't see why he doesn't just leave that poor family be." The newswoman says before the main anchor takes over.

My house was behind her while she was talking. The door was off its hinges and caution tape around the house. I knew once you walked in the door and went up the stairs my room was right there. If they hadn't changed anything my name was probably still on the door. It was a dark purple walled room. It didn't really have a theme because I couldn't choose just one so I mixed a few. I suddenly missed that room. I missed that house and I was angry that he took it all from me.

"Izzy." Joey whispers softly so not to attract attention away from the conversation the boys were having about my family.

"What?" I whisper back and I feel my voice crack. I lift my hand up and feel tears on my cheeks. I didn't even realize I had been crying.

"Are you okay?" Joey says softly. I nod wiping away my tears and putting on my cover face. I turned away from him and focused on what the boys were saying.

"That guy is messed up." Jake says shaking his head.

"Ya think? He's insane. Why doesn't he just let go?" Scotty says looking sad.

"I feel so bad for that poor family." Chris says softly and we all nod in agreement. I thought if I left my family wouldn't have to put up with him anymore but it seems I was mistaken.

"That was a damper on our Hangover Saturday." Ron says lightening the mood.

"For real, let's do something fun." I say suddenly wanting to cheer myself up. I needed to get my mind off things until I was alone.

And thus, our hangover Saturday went from our room to all over the school. We went to the pool and swam for it was an indoor pool. We went to the cafe and ate some lunch and then went to the arcade after we got bored in there we found our way to the auditorium and acted out some "plays". We finally each made our way back to our rooms and crashed. It was a long day and made me tired of enough to fall asleep without worrying about my family. I would have all the time after today to worry about that. I never would stop worrying, I knew that much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leon doesn't seem to be giving up on June does he?