Status: work in progress(:

Concrete Angel

Tunnels

Johnny's POV

We rushed into the school when we arrived because the van Leon stole was parked carelessly in the front. This could be it. Joey ran up the stairs too anxious for the elevator to come and I followed him. The rest of the guys jumped on the elevator that had just opened once we started at the stairs. Joey was a good flight ahead of me but he had told me the floor and room number in the car so I knew where I was going.

"What's wrong?" I say as I saw him staring at the door of what I assumed was his room. It was completely broken into. Joey glanced at me and I nodded pushing it open slightly.

"Joey, she's not in here." I say quietly running into the other room. Joey looks around for Howard's number as the other guys come to the door. Jake let out a small cuss word as they walked into the room. June's clothes were thrown around the room and I knew what he came here for. He wanted her to change.

"I found it." Joey says handing me the number and looking around. He looked worried and I knew he made the same connection I did.

"Hello?" Howard's voice says in my ear and I walk out of the room to talk to him.

"It's Johnny." I say quickly.

"I know. I have your number in my phone." Howard mumbles making me sigh mentally at the thought.

"Right. He got her Howard. We're at the school right now and he has her. I know she was never dead. I know everything and he does too. He has her. He was in her room." I say quickly and I hear Howard grabbing things and telling officers to get going.

"I'm coming. Get out of the room. You can taint the crime scene. We're on the way." Howard says and I hang up running back in the room telling them what he said. Chris and Ron nodded grabbing Zach and walking out of the room to wait in the hallway. Scotty gets Jake off the couch and led him out so I follow expecting Joey to come. He does no such thing.

"What are you doing?" I ask turning to face him. He was looking around trying his best not to touch things. He walked around June's bed and then into the bathroom.

"I'm looking for clues. I don't have time to sit here and wait for Howard. I'm going to find her." Joey says searching. I watch him carefully unsure what to do when he suddenly shouts in joy.

"What? What is it?" I ask running towards him. He points to the side of the counter where TUNNEL is written.

"Tunnel? What's that supposed to mean?" I ask bending my eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm not sure but that's Izzy's writing." Joey says quietly and then he looks around some more before hitting the wall and walking out of the room. I follow quietly knowing how he felt. I had felt that way each time I lost her. He really did love her.

"Tunnel? He has to have taken her to a tunnel. That's got to be it." Scotty was saying as I walked in the hallway. Joey was pacing back and forth and he stopped for a moment to give Scotty a look that easily said that he already got that much.

"I'm trying here Joey." Scotty snaps and Joey nods sighing.

"I don't know any tunnels anywhere close. They had to walk. There's no cars around for him to steal." Chris says and Joey hits the wall once again in anger and frustration before leaning against it and sliding down to the floor. I go and slide down it next to him.

"I know. It's hard but we're going to find her." I say quietly to him. Joey looks up at me and I can see pain in his eyes.

"I know I'm going to find her Johnny, I refuse not to. I'm just worried to as how I'm going to find her." Joey whispers and I see tears forming in his eyes. I look away to give him the privacy and bite my lip wondering that myself.

"TUNNELS!" Jake suddenly screams making us all jump.

"What the hell?" Zach says turning to face him.

"Tunnels. There are tunnels all under the school!" Jake says jumping around excitedly.

"What?" Joey says suddenly jumping up from his spot on the floor and walking over to Jake.

"We learned about that in history. I only remember it cause he kept saying they were right under the school and they were like everywhere. I found it kind of interesting. I actually got an A on that test. Unbelievable I know." Jake says quickly chuckling at the thought.

"Tunnels." Joey says before jumping at Jake and hugging him tightly.

"Wait, we have no idea how to get to them." I say glad that we figured something out but we were still no where.

"Actually, I think I have an idea. I did some research on it because I thought it would be cool to find it but I didn't follow through with it very well." Jake says and this time I want to hug him.

"Where? Where do you think would be the best place? We have to go and see and now." I say and Jake spits off some places. We all nod and run to the first place which was in the basement of the gym.

"If I'm right, it should be right around here." Jake says and then he yells in joy as he finds a trapped door. Joey rips it open and feels for a ladder which he finds and quickly climbs down. I follow feeling a tight pull in my stomach.

"Alright. We don't have a signal down here." I whisper as we all enter into the tunnel pausing to let our eyes adjust to the darkness.

"We have to split up. We'll never find her if we don't." Scotty says looking around at the various tunnels.

"You're right. There's like five different tunnels. Hey wait, these two are caved in. That narrows it down some." Ron says feeling a large rock that looked like an entrance.

"So we'll do pairs. That way we have a better chance of taking him out." Zach says quietly and Joey nods in agreement.

"I'll go with Ron down this one." Chris says and they walk in front of the entrance of one tunnel.

"I'll go with Scotty down this one." Jake says pointing to another one leaving the middle one for myself and Joey. Zach mumbles something about forgetting I was there.

"We'll just do three people down the middle one." Scotty says logically and I nod. I sigh loudly as we stare into the dark tunnels before nodding to each other and stepping forward carefully. We're coming June, we're coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh. Okay. I got it up. Yay. They are on the way. Alright. So comment please? Thanks(: