Status: Back in action. Active!

Lost

Chapter Six

I would never get used to people pulling at my hair and placing different cosmetics on my face. I have to admit, however, that last time at the parade.. they did make me look pretty awesome. But today I have no idea what to expect. It felt like they were trying to turn me into a completely new person, "We're almost done," one of them said to me and I just smiled up at her. It wasn't taking as long for them to make me up this time, so I was very thankful for that. I had to put my faith in them to make me look my best. Tonight was the interviews after all, and this was my chance to show my true self and hopefully get some sponsors.

Finally, they were finished with me. I stood up and walked over to the dress that they were going to have me wear. It was an all white, floor length dress. It showed my shoulders, for the sleeves were a 'cold-shoulder' sheer white sleeve. Around the waist it sinched in and had a small, gold belt around it. It was very simple and flowy; it was just my style. I looked up at Ralen, who had a knowing smile on his face, "This is beautiful," I said, before taking it off of the hanger and putting it on. Once it was on, I noticed how it showed off my tan from always being outside. The makeup was simple, a nice gold and brown smokey eye, with a pinkish nude lip color. I slipped on the heels and walked over to Ralen, who reached up and placed a simple, gold headband around my head. It was very goddess like, this look, but it still held a kind of innocence to it. Hopefully, it would be good enough for everyone.

Derek walked in and silently walked me to the line where all of the tributes were waiting to go out onto the stage and sell themselves. As I stood in my place, Derek looked at me and gave a sad smile, "You're beautiful. Just remember, be yourself and you have this in the bag," He said, before patting my shoulder and walking off. I let out a breath.

And so it begins.

The time seemed to go by so slowly, even though they were just a few short minutes. But as I was next in line to go up, a nervous feeling bubbled in my stomach and reached behind me to grab Riley's hand. He gave it a reassuring squeeze, as I took in a deep breath and let it slowly out. I stood at the side of the stage while Ceasar Flickerman gave me a small introduction, before calling out my name, "The beautiful Faye Garner!" The audience started to applaude and cheer as I put on a smile and walked out onto the stage. Shaking Ceasar's hand, we quickly took a seat. I looked out at the crowd, before giving a wave, and looking back over at our host.

"I must say, Faye, you are absolutely breathtaking tonight," He said looking at me, before motioning towards the audience, "Am I right?" Again, the audience went wild for a moment, before settling down.

"Thank you, Caesar. I think my stylist, Ralen, did amazing. He really captured who I am in this outfit," I said, my voice small, but confident at the same time.

"That he did.. So tell me, Faye, how are you feeling about the upcoming games?" He asked me, his eyes trying to read me.

"I'm not going to lie and say that I'm completely confident, or that I'm not scared at all. I am, and I think that we all are, even if it's just for a small moment. I'm scared out of my mind.. We don't know what lies ahead for us.. What the arena will be like, what dangers will be there, or.. if I'll make it out alive," My voice caught at the end, as I was once again showing my vulnerability to all of Panem. Caesar reached over and grabbed my hand, giving it a small squeeze.

"I see. Very insightful, Faye, and very honest," I knew that he asked every other tribute that question, but it seemed that I was the only one to go in depth.. and that I was probably the only one to be honest. Which probably gave me an upperhand in this situation, "Now tell me, your brother won only four years ago.. do you feel like you have to live up to what he did?"

"Um, no.. not really. We're both completely different people, you know? We have our different strategies, different views about things. However, he has taught me everything that he could, and I have his blood in me. So, that has to count for something, right?" Caesar just nodded his head with a smile.

He looked up at the time, before looking at me, and by the looks of it, he was getting serious, "Are you and your brother close?"

"Very.."

"How do you think he feels about sending his little sister to the arena?" He asked, his eyes locked on me.

I looked out at the crowd for a moment, before looking down into my lap and playing with my fingers, "Um.. he's probably upset. I mean, he has to get me training.. he has to get me ready to kill other people, with the chance that he could lose me as well. I remember, when he was in the Games and I was just watching him, how my heart would beat out of my chest. And if anything would happen, I would start crying. I'm his baby sister, so I can't imagine how this is going to be for him.. But I do have to tell him something, if you don't mind."

"Go right ahead."

"Derek, I don't want you to worry over me, like I did you. You've taught me everything you know and I will go into this arena with no regrets.. I will be nothing but thankful for.. everything that you've done for me. And.."I had to stop for a moment, to stop myself from crying, "I'm going to win. For us, for our family.. for our District. I will be seeing you after the arena.. and after this interview, of course," I said, a small laugh erupting from my lips. I looked out at the crowd as they laughed a little along with me, but most of them, had tears in their eyes a long with me. The buzzer rang after that and I turned back to Caesar.

"Thank you for that, Faye. Really, that was beautiful, to see your love for you brother and district," He said, before we stood, "Faye Garner, everybody." The crowd stood to their feet and cheered for me. I gave them one last smile and wave, before stepping off stage, being met by Riley, Derek, Ralen, and Winnie. All of them had big smiles on their faces, and Derek took me into a gigantic hug.

"I love you, Faye.." He whispered into my hair.

I smiled and hugged him back, hiding my face in his shoulder as a tear leaked out, "I love you too, Derek."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it sure has been a minute since I posted on this story, huh!? I hope you're all still with me, because this story is NOT over. I just.. took a break. There was a lot going on within this last year, but I'm back now.

Did any of you see Catching Fire yet? If so, did any of you cry pretty much the whole movie? Because I did!

Any way, leave some comments and subscribe to this story, please! I will not be leaving for so long again, promise!