Status: Comments makes chapters come quicker!

Movers & Shakers

Monsters

After an hour of Butterbeers with her best friends, it was time for Kathrin and everyone to head back to the castle. Kat and Sydney had already told them all about their odd adventures. Apparently Tyler wasn’t as gentlemanly as he made himself to look. Sydney didn’t know what she was going to do in the common room; they were in the same house. Bready seemed a bit mad when Sydney was talking about her day with Tyler, in the end it was a terrible day for her, but in the beginning she had fun. It almost seemed as if he was jealous.

Rengine and Melanie couldn’t believe what happened with Felix. When Kathrin first explained in at the Three Broomsticks, Farley spit his Butterbeer all over Ren, and he didn’t even get mad. In his defense it was pretty shocking. The Potter’s were a proud Gryffindor family, the Cooper’s, Felix’s family, a strong Slytherin line. It wasn’t common for the two houses to mix, never mind the two families.

“Sirius’ reaction is completely understandable!” Melanie stated walking down the path heading towards the castle. “It’s Felix! Plus Felix is friends with his brother. Although it was harsh that he pretty much called you a slut though, I don’t agree with that.”

“How could you say that?” Sydney replied. “I mean it is Felix, but house rivalries are stupid. Hogwarts, though divided, is a whole. We shouldn’t fight with each other. Sirius was overreacting! I could understand him not… being nice to Felix, but he didn’t have to be rude to Kat.”

“I just said I didn’t agree with him being mean to Kat!” Melanie exclaimed. “Plus Felix is a monster.”

Farley chuckled a little. Sydney stopped and looked up at him. “That’s not funny. He has feelings too. I think it would be nice for a Gryffindor and a Slytherin to date, it might patch things up a little.”

“That’s a terrible idea. People would be hostile more than anything; especially if were two pureblood families.” Rengine butted in. “It weird how Felix would do something like that though. He’s very loyal to his family, and… that doesn’t seem like something his family would want.”

“Personally I don’t care why he did it, just as long as he doesn’t stick his tongue down my throat again.” Kathrin added.

There was a bunch of different sounding outburst of disgust. Bready choked on one of his candy beans and Farley had to help him out. Kathrin had to promise never to say anything that disturbing again. She thought that was a bit of an overreaction.

When they reached the castle Bready ran off to go talk with Owen and Sydney joined her friend Fae. Then it was just the four Gryffindor’s, Kathrin, Farley, Melanie and Rengine. Rengine let Farley and Melanie take the lead so he could whisper to Kat. The two were so deep in their argument, about which Zonko’s product is the best so far, that they didn’t even notice the Ren and Kat slow down.

“So did you want to kiss him?” Ren asked looking skeptical.

“What? No why would you think that?”

“Well he is charming towards you, he always has been.”

“Excuse me?” Kathrin stared at him. “Being a git to my friends isn’t exactly charming. I don’t care how nice he is to me, he will always be scum. The only thing he cares about is blood, it’s disgusting!”

“I’m happy you think that way.” Rengine smiled. “Now I don’t have to worry about him attacking my best friend.”

“Attack? He just tried-“

“He attacked you with his lips. It is the worst kind of attack.” Rengine tried to imitate some sort of lip attacking method towards the air. Kathrin smacked him in the gut. “Wow that hurt.”

“Oh shut up” Kathrin laughed.

When they reached the common room Kathrin stepped in quietly trying to be sneaky. She wasn’t sure who all knew of her recent ‘attack’. Kat looked around trying to sneak around the room when Clare Davis spotted her. Clare got up and ran towards the hiding Gryffindor, attracting everyone’s attention.

“Oi Kathrin is it true?” Clare asked walking around the chairs in between them.

“Is what true?” She replied in an unsure voice. Rengine shook his head at how innocent Kat was trying to play.

“That you kissed Felix?” Clare asked. “Why would you kiss him?”

I didn’t! He kissed me!” Kathrin replied a little louder than she should have.

“What?” James turned around. He removed his arm from Lily’s shoulder and started to get up.

Kathrin knew eventually James would know, his friends were there, but she didn’t want to be the one to tell him. She also didn’t want to announce it to the whole common room. All of the Gryffindor’s in the common room were now looking at her.

“Well you see-” Kathrin started but when James got close she did the only rational thing she could think of. She ran toward the girl's dorm and shouted, “You can’t catch me!”

“Well I dodged a bullet there.” She told herself as she pulled out some candy she saved.

*


Over the next few days people talked about Kathrin and Felix, but only few had the story right. Farley heard a first year say that Sirius threw Peter at Felix and shouted a weird chant. He burst out laughing and could barely contain himself. On another occasion Sydney heard that Kathrin beat him up with her shoe, which she replied that she’d pay to see that.

The best so far though was the story a first year made up about how Kathrin was actually a goddess who had secret powers of lust, which she used on Felix and Sirius to commence in a muggle battle over her. Kathrin explained that if she had those powers, she would not use them on Felix, but maybe on a few Falmouth Falcons.

James, once he heard what happened, decided Kathrin was too weak to live her life freely. So each moment he had free time, he followed Kathrin to make sure no Romeo’s showed up. After about a week Lily got mad at him during a Quidditch practice because he accidently stood her up in the Grand Hall. He stopped stalking her after that.

After a couple weeks people stopped talking about the weird rumors and started to focus on the upcoming Quidditch game. James had started to work the team really hard. Kathrin, James, and the other chaser Jackson, had an almost perfect sync. Watching them play together was like watching them dance, although they were probably better Quidditch players than dancers. Renee Finley and Terry Bryce were just as natural as they were the year before, James was happy to not have to work with them much. Kayla Harold, the new beater, had some minor problems. She was working too hard at the first half of practice, which was good, but she tired herself out and was exhausted later on. They were confident they would win though.

The first game was against Slytherin and Kathrin was pretty nervous for it. Her first game at school would be facing Michael Frey, Slytherin’s beater. It was pretty embarrassing to admit that she was scared, since she tried to show off as much confidence she could to scare them, but she knew Michael would target her.

Once the match was a day away tension was high in the hallways. A couple of Slytherin’s tried hexing Renee and Terry, but in the end they were the ones hanging from the ceiling. Those two were not people to mess with. Michael had tried hexing Kathrin while her back was turned once, but Melanie sent a quick counter-jinx his way, they had a nice laugh.

Later that evening James banished his entire Quidditch team to their dorms. Lily tried to tell him he couldn’t do that, but he just smiled and replied, “Try and stop me.”

Melanie, Kathrin and Clare talked upstairs so James wouldn’t bother them anymore. They gossiped about cute Quidditch players and which teams they wanted to go see. It was a couple hours later when they realized how late it was and decided to go to sleep.

*


Kathrin rubbed her eyes after she felt something hit her. She looked down the bed to see what hit her. A dress shoe sat there shining in the moonlight; staring at her. Kat couldn’t figure out why someone would through a shoe at her while she was sleeping. She looked over and her eyes widened.

Melanie was backing up on her bed until she reached the wall. She kept reaching onto the table beside her for her wand. Kathrin stared at the snake, hissing at her best friend. It only took a second to register what was happening. Kathrin grabbed her wand and pointed it at the snake.

Alarte ascendare” The snake flew into the air. The other girls woke up as Melanie let out a yelp. Clare screamed in terror. Judy jumped onto Leona Parker, who was reaching for her wand, and they both fell onto the floor. The snake fell back to the ground and slithered toward the two venerable girls on the ground. Melanie stared frozen and Clare began sobbing; her fear of snakes petrified her.

Leona kept stretching out her arm for her wand which was just out of her reach. Kat pointed her wand back at the snake. It quickly turned its head and jumped at Kathrin. Leona finally grabbed her wand, while wiggling out from under Judy. Kat rolled over her bed to move out of the way, and fell on top of Leona and Judy. Kat’s wand flew out of her hand on to Clare’s bed canopy; Leona’s fell out and rolled behind the snake who was now about to attack the three girls.

Melanie finally snapped out of shock and grabbed her wand. “Immobulus

The snake stopped slithering. Kathrin jumped onto Leona’s bed, Judy followed once she was freed. Leona backed away until she reached Melanie’s foot board on her bed. The female prefects ran down the stairs into the fourth year’s dorm. Lily was the first down there; her rooms the closest.

Once she saw the snake she froze in disbelief. All the girls just stared at it. Lily tilted her head and stepped towards it and released the note that was tied onto it. She turned over in her hands and mouthed the single word written on it, mudblood.

Lily took the snake down the common room, wanting to take it away from the frightened girls. Staring at the snake as it left the room, Kat climbed Clare's bed to grab her wand. Even so they followed her to see what going to happen. Clare trailed last, afraid the snake might attack again.

“What is all the screaming about?” Professor McGonagall asked strolling in the room.

“T-there was a snake” Lily replied walking down the stairs. The fourth year girls stood behind her, curious to what was going to happen to the snake. Other girls began to come down the stairs and enter the common room as well, and eventually the boys got out of their beds and headed down the stairs. They were all in the common room.

“What do you mean there was a snake? What about it? Why is it here?”

“It kind of attacked me, Professor.” Melanie admitted. She tried to say it quietly but the common room was silent.

“It attacked you?” She replied trying to comprehend that someone had put a snake in her houses dorm.

“This was attached to it.” Lily whispered passing Professor McGonagall the note. She looked at it for a long time before saying anything. The room stayed silent, waiting for her reaction, most not knowing what the note said. “Miss Florentine, Miss Evans, come with me please. The rest of you back to your beds.”

Once Professor McGonagall left nobody returned to their beds. Everyone stayed quiet until Clare broke into a sob and Judy tried to comfort her. Students were asking each other questions and accusing people of pulling the charade. Kathrin looked at Leona who was staring at the fire and sat in the chair beside her. “Did you see what it said?”

Leona nodded. “Did you?”

“No, what did it say?”

James went and sat down beside Kat. He looked at her worried. Kathrin looked James and gave him a wiry smile. When her gaze returned to Leona she read her lips. Kathrin stood up.

“What?” She shouted. Leona jumped taken by surprise. “I swear I’m going to make that little- bloody hell!” Kathrin pulled her wand out from her pajama pants and walked towards the exit. “That boy is dead!”

“Kat wait!” James called pulling her back. She yanked her arm out of his grasp so he wrapped his arms around waist and lifted her into the air. Kat tried to wiggle free but recognized defeat. “You know who it is?”

“I have a pretty good idea! Michael tried to hex me earlier, but Melanie had my back! It was him!”

“Kat, Michael’s not a parselmouth.” Sirius stated standing behind one of the couches. The room was silent again.

“H-how do you know?” She asked calmer than before.

“Family friends you could say.”

“Only a parselmouth could have done it.” Judy stated rubbing Clare’s back, helping her breathe.

“Anyone know a parselmouth here?” Farley asked. Nobody answered.

When Professor returned with the girls, she demanded they all return to bed. She stayed until they were all upstairs. While they were heading up Kathrin looked at Rengine. “Do you think-”

“No Kat.” Ren whispered. “I don’t think it was him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Who do you think it is?

Thanks for all the comments guys. (sarcasm)
In all honesty thank you to fearless-forever for the one comment on the last chapter.
Come on guys, show me some love.
Anyways here's a long one.
If that can't win you over, I don't know what will.