Status: Comments makes chapters come quicker!

Movers & Shakers

Everyone Got a Little Out of Hand

Kathrin stared at Jonah. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Jonah had always seemed different to her. It never looked like he fit in with his ‘friends’ and now things were starting to make sense. Kat couldn’t understand why he would listen to them and sick a snake on Melanie. Leona and Farley seemed to be feeling the same thing.

Jonah sat up on the ground, nobody said a word. He had told them not to tell anyone, could they really do that. Melanie was their friend, and he attacked her; although it wasn’t exactly willingly.

“What do you think you kids are doing?” Professor McGonagall yelled from across the field, her night gown flowing in the wind. “Get in my office now!”

Kathrin tried to communicate with the rest of them by using her eyes. They walked over to the castle in silence, scared Professor McGonagall would do something if they spoke. Kat could see Jonah’s hands shake with each step he took, though he never looked down. Jonah looked up in front of him; he wasn’t going to be a coward. When they reached the office, Felix and Michael were already there. A good bruise formed around Felix’s eye and Kathrin felt quite proud of herself. She only wished that Sirius and Rengine saw her punch him so they’d stop bugging her about her pathetic punches.

“From what these two say you are in a lot of trouble.” Professor McGonagall began. She observed each one of them. Farley had a missing tooth and blood on his shirt, while Leona and Jonah had grass stains all over their clothes, and Kathrin stood there shaking, chilled, in her night gown. “Although… I will give you a chance to explain your side of the story.”

“Well you see Professor-“

“Felix and Michael were bothering me” Farley interrupted Kathrin, “and Jonah was with them. They thought Jonah was on their side, but when they took it too far he stuck up for me. Lucky for us Leona saw us from the tower, and her and Kat came and found us. Felix then said some… rude things and Kathrin-“

“I got a little out of hand. I’m sorry.”

“That explains his eye, although his story was a little different. What happened to the snake?” Professor McGonagall questioned.

“Snake?” Leona replied. “There was no snake. They must have made it up.”

“Mr. Andrews you didn’t conjure a snake?”

“No Professor, I did not.” Jonah replied; he wasn’t lying.

“I’ll explain to Professor Slughorn what both of the stories; he can decide your fate for himself. As for you three, you are in my house. Mr. Kaust try to keep yourself out of trouble, Miss McHaven, next time you should come to me, and Kathrin you will serve a detention with me for using unnecessary force on Mr. Cooper. Now everyone go to bed!”

They all walked out of the office, none particularly happy for what happened. Jonah looked at the Gryffindor’s thankful for helping him out, though he knew not to expect them to be so nice next time. After all he did endanger their friend.

“Enjoy detention Potter” Michael hissed.

“I will, and I know you will too. That is after Slughorn deals with you.” She smiled. Although she knew she would not be enjoying detention at all.

*


“Farley what happened to your… face?” Remus asked shaving a piece of bacon into his mouth.

“Michael and Felix happened” Kathrin kindly responded for him.

“And I heard you got detention.” Sirius stated. James turned surprise along with most of the table, including Kathrin.

“How did you know-“

“You got detention!” James shouted. “What did you do?”

“See Felix’s face.” They nodded. “That was me.”

James’ expression changed from surprised, to disappointed, to proud. He gave Kathrin a high five, along with a couple others. Felix glared from the Slytherin table sporting a beautiful black eye.

“That’s my sister! I’ll buy you a Butterbeer next Hogsmeade trip just for that!”

Everyone laughed. Lily still looked concerned though. She was a prefect after all; breaking the rules always troubled her. “Why would you do that?”

“Well because…” Kathrin started. “Oh look a blue owl!”

Everyone looked to spot the non-existent owl as Kat tried to escape. Sirius, who knew her tactic right away, grabbed her and pulled her back on the bench. Everyone looked back disappointed there was no bird. Kathrin felt defeated and stayed sitting with a glum look upon her face.

“What did he do?” Sirius asked. At first Kathrin thought he was just eager to hear the gossip, but then she noticed how he was looking at her. Sirius had a concerned look, more nervous than interested.

“Well she didn’t give him a chance to talk; she just hit him when she saw him, and my… face. After that she spazzed out on him asking why he flirted with her all the time; not that it wasn’t necessary. He pretty much said it was because she was a hot pureblood, but she had no personality. Then you know the rest.”

“He said what!” James shouted. “I’m going to-“

“James stop shouting and you’re not going to do anything.” Lily said forcing him to sit down much like Sirius had done with Kat.

“Hey Lily, I know you’re not one for fun- jokes. I mean jokes of course.” Remus corrected himself. She gave him a confused look. “But would you like to show Mr. Cooper why he shouldn’t mess with Gryffindor’s?”

“Gladly, I don’t like him much more than you do.” Lily responded closing a Herbology textbook.

*


The next day everyone met in the great hall for breakfast like they usually did. Kathrin, Rengine and Sydney were the first out of the group to make it there. Although Kathrin, Farley, and Leona never said anything about the incident since, they all had an understanding not to tell anyone about Jonah, and so they didn’t. Kathrin was tempted to with Sydney still rambling on about her research though.

“And three years ago in-“

“Sydney I got it. Lots of people get attacked by snakes. Here have a sausage.” Rengine exclaimed grabbed a sausage from the table and shoving it into her mouth. As she choked and spat out the food, James walked in with the usual Sirius, Remus, Lily, and Peter. It seemed like James was pouting about something.

“James you’re not a prefect, me and Remus have duty as an excuse. Plus Remus is better at charms.” Lily stated trying to make him feel better. Instead James let out an awfully feminine gasp and sat down at the table. “Have you guys seen it yet?”

“Seen what?” Sydney asked who wasn’t there while they were discussing Felix the previous day.

“You’ll know when you see it.” Remus smiled.

Soon enough a very pissed off Felix entered the great hall. Kathrin couldn’t make out what it said, but something was written all over his body. There was no more happy, flirty, Felix, he was angry beyond control. When he got closer to her she could see what it said. I love mudbloods was written all over his body and clothes, and he was walking straight towards her.

“You little blood traitor!” He shouted pulling out his wand. “You think you’re so good at charms don’t you! Well I’ll show you a charm!”

Lily looked scared. It was really her and Remus, not Kathrin who pulled the stunt. Felix held out his wand angrily and shot a spell at Kat. Sirius was too quick for him though. He pulled out his own and shielded her. Felix soon understood what he had just done. He just sent a curse at a Gryffindor, at their table, and was surrounded by her Gryffindor pals on his left, and her Hufflepuff ones on his right.

“What did you just call her?” Sirius said with nothing but pure anger in his voice. Kat looked around to see that James, Remus, Rengine, and Sydney had all pulled out their wands. Lily sat there looking guilty, staring at Felix.

“Take it back!” James demanded his eyes narrow with fury. He didn’t look like his fun, dramatic self. Instead he was angry, shaking with emotion.

“I called her a blood traitor! And you’re one too! All of you make me sick!” Felix shouted. His gaze changed from James over to Lily. “It was you… you did this didn’t you! You filthy little-“

DON’T YOU DARE CALL HER THAT!” James shouted and sent Felix flying. Michael came running and sent a shot at James.

A couple more of Felix’s friends came to his aid, sending spells at the Gryffindor’s. At this point Kathrin pulled out her wand as well, but she did not fight. Some of the Hufflepuff’s, Bready and Owen, began fighting as well. Everyone ignored Professor Flitwick’s cries to stop.

Immobulus” Kathrin shouted. All of them stopped. Neither the Gryffindor’s, Hufflepuff’s nor Slytherin’s could move. “All of you stop it! This is ridiculous!”

The spell wore off in a few seconds. Kathrin was good at charms but on a crowd that big she could only manage a few seconds. They all put down their wands and looked at her, except Michael. While everyone was turned to look at Kathrin, Michael sent a curse at Sirius that hit him right in the back. As soon as Sirius began to fall over Kat jinxed Michael back.

Petricus totalus” She dropped to her knees immediately to look at Sirius.

Professor Flitwick stopped the students before they sent anymore spells and Dumbledore entered the hall followed by a few teachers. Kathrin knelled over to look at Sirius. He was out cold. She shook him to try to wake him up, but he didn’t wake. Kathrin started to panic.

“Sirius!” She called out to him. Rengine looked over her shoulder to see Sirius’ state. James jumped over the table to get to his friend. He didn’t appear to be in any danger, it just looked like he was sleeping. Kathrin felt his skin, which started to feel cold against her fingers. Everything felt unreal. It was all happening so fast.

“Away” Dumbledore demanded as he approached them. All three of them backed up from Sirius. The old headmaster kneeled over to look at the boy. “Professor Dire, can you help Sirius to Madam Pomfrey.”
The Professor nodded and proceeded with his appointed task. Dumbledore changed his attention. He pointed to a couple students; Rengine, Kathrin, James, Lily, Sydney, Owen, Michael, and Regulus, who was at the back of Felix’s pack, and instructed them to meet in front of his office and wait for him.

Kathrin was overwhelmed with all the trouble she was getting into. Lily had said sorry to her many times, but replied each time with ‘it’s not your fault, and the prank would have been funny if he didn’t turn into a psycho’. Lily sat against the wall worried, and James was beside her, staring at his feet. Rengine glared at Michael, who was sitting against the other wall. Sydney was sitting on the other side of Lily, asking her about the type of discipline they would enforce on them, which wasn’t helping at all. Owen smiled and told Kat he was happy to stick up for her as he bragged about the jelly-legs jinx he put on Brent Jenkins.

After roughly twenty minutes Dumbledore arrived. He had an emotionless look on his face, which didn’t suit him well. “I have been informed on the situation. I was going to question you, but I trust Professor Flitwick’s observation skills. All of you will serve detention together. Your other accomplices will join you as well. I think Mr. Filch with appreciate you helping him out. I will send word to you all about the times and dates soon. Now go off to your classes.”

“What about-“

“Mr. Black will be fine Mr. Potter. Now if you will.” Dumbledore motioned down the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I got a hard semester, and I just got a job. So bare with me people!
Thanks to everyone who commented!