Status: Comments makes chapters come quicker!

Movers & Shakers

A Wonderful Day for a Show

After Kathrin’s first week of Hogwarts she fell in love with the place. Her classes were amazing, excluding when Michael Frey opened his mouth, and loved learning new things. Kat’s favorite class was charms; it was a plus that she had it with Sydney. It was hard though planning who to sit with. Kathrin had made so many friends in her own house that when it came to choosing a place to sit, she didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. She started to just sit at an empty table and if anyone wanted to sit beside her it was first, come first serve. She usually sat beside the same people though.

On Monday Kathrin was well rested and zoomed down to the grand hall with Rengine at her side. Rengine was easily her favorite boy in the school. They were very similar and enjoyed the same things. It wasn’t like there was much of a challenge though. The other boys assumed Kathrin was a bit proper because she was a pureblood. Although since the Gryffindor boys saw Rengine hanging around her, soon they took a liking to her to.

“So we have Herbology right?” Rengine asked with a piece of pumpkin jammed toast stuck in his mouth.

“Yeah, the morning is Herbology, Potions, than Transfiguration.” Kathrin stated as she grabbed a few pieces of bacon. She sighed and looked up at Ren. “I can’t wait for potions so Michael can glare at me some more.”

“Michael who?” Sirius asked taking the seat beside Kat.

Kathrin had managed to avoid him quite a bit over the last week. Everyone once in a while he’d walk by and rustle her hair or poke her in the side, but that was usually in between classes in the hallway. One time he poked Clare Davis, a fellow Gryffindor who was walking with Kathrin at the time, and almost scared her to death. Once he realized it was the wrong little first year he turned and started walking the other way embarrassed. Kathrin was certain he was late for whatever class he was going to.

“Just some annoying Slytherin who likes to poke fun at Ren and me, he’s not that important.”

“He’s a brat. Think’s the whole word revolves around him.” Rengine said pointing a harsh brown at Sirius. “I can’t wait till he says the wrong thing to the wrong person and BAM! Get him right in the face.”

“Is he sitting at the Slytherin table now?” Sirius asked with a smirk on his face.

Kathrin and Rengine looked at him confused, and then looked over at the table. There he was. Michael looked as if he was bragging about some accomplishment that he probably made up, and his fellow Slytherin’s looked at him in awe. Everyone except Felix, who just ate his breakfast, got up, and then walked out of the hall.

“Yeah the blokes over there,” Rengine stated nodding over to the table. “Why?”

“No reason” Sirius smiled.

In no time James, Remus and Peter join the group and sat down with smiles on their faces. James looked over at the Slytherin table. ‘Oh Merlin’ Kathrin thought, ‘what are they up to now?’

“Isn’t today a wonderful day?” James smirked. “What wonderful day it’d be for a show!”

Melanie sat down beside Rengine and grabbed a piece of toast. “We should hurry before we’re late for class.”

“No just wait!” Sirius protested. Melanie looked confused.

“If they don’t want to be late don’t force them to stay!” Remus insisted.

“Just wait a few seconds.” James exclaimed.

In a matter of seconds a slightly loud ‘poof’ filled the room. Glitter fell from the ceiling, and drifted down. Everyone one looked up to see where it was coming from but nobody could see with sky like projection in the way. Once everyone looked down, the hall erupted in laughter from the Hufflepuff’s, Gryffindor’s, and Ravenclaws. The Slytherin’s however were not pleased with this ‘show’ for they were the ones glossed in a sparkly coating. One of the Slytherin boys got up and tried brushing himself off. When he had no avail of clearing the glitter, he looked up and glared at Kathrin and Rengine.

“That one’s Michael I’m guessing.” Sirius said still laughing.

“Yep, you got that right.” Kathrin said trying not to fall on the floor.

*


Herbology went by quickly. Madam Sprout talked about how they were going to start working with more advanced stuff each week and introduced them with some of the plants they’d be working with over the next month. After that they were told to brainstorm and write a small essay on their first week of Herbology and what they learned. Nobody did of course, for the rest of the class everyone was talking about the Slytherin’s. Bready kept asking Kathrin and Rengine who did it. They were told to keep it a secret, they knew eventually they’d tell Bready, but they wanted to bug him a bit first.

“But I’m your twin Ren; we’re supposed to tell each other everything.” Brady exclaimed as they were leaving the greenhouse. Rengine just laughed and whispered in his ear. Bready began to smile. “They’re brilliant!”
♠ ♠ ♠
EDIT : I shorted this chapter and deleted the one after it. I wanted a little but of Kathrin's first year before I moved to second year, but I feel like I stuck with first year too much.