The Fellowship

Enter Gollum

Beneath the Misty Mountains, deep into the depths of Moria, past the immense caverns Gandalf fell after the Balrog, grabbing his sword Glamdring on his way down. Hacking the Demonic beast as the fell father deeper into the depths of Moria. The fire searing off the Balrog’s body did not faze the wizard as they fought falling downward into a spacious cavern and soon water.
"Gandalf!" Frodo cried awaking with a start. "What is it Mister Frodo?" Sam asked sitting up. Frodo becomes calm "Nothing. Just a dream." he mumbled laying back down. Sam followed Frodo as they repel down a rocky cliff. "Can you see the bottom?"Sam asked Frodo looked down but quickly turned his head. "No! Don't look down, Sam! Just keep going!" he called. Thick smog covered the Cliffs, giving it the look of a river made of cloud and fog. A small box fell from Sam’s pocket. "Oh! Catch it! Grab it, Mister Frodo!" Sam called down noticing the box slip , Frodo caught the box yet it slipped from his hands. After a while of repelling Frodo looked down again. "I think I've found the bottom." he called as his feet touched the hard uneven ground. Sam soon reached the bottom as well. "Bogs and rope, and goodness know what. It's not natural. None of it." Sam muttered to himself. Frodo picked up the box that had fallen. "What's in this?" he asked handing it back to Sam. "Nothing. Just a bit of seasonin'. I thought maybe if we was having a roast chicken one night or somethin'." as Sam said this Frodo smiled. "Roast chicken?" he asked laughing very lightly. "You never know." Sam shrugged. Frodo shook his head. "Sam! My dear Sam." Frodo laughed. "It's very special, that. It's the best salt in all the Shire." Sam added in. "It is special. It's a little bit of home." frodo said his smile fading. Home , was it a place they'd even ever see again. The green hills of the shire freshly dug up potatoes, evens at the inn, sitting by the fireplace with his dear friends, with a pipe. It all seemed to be inching farther away and yet it felt as if it had all happened just the day before. Frodo looked up at the rope which they had repelled from "We can't leave this for someone to follow us down." he stated. "Who's gonna follow us down here, Mister Frodo? It's a shame really. Lady Galadriel gave me that. Real Elvish Rope. Well, there's nothing for it. It's one of my knots. Won't come free in a hurry." Sam said looking up at it tugging lightly at the rope it fell loose. "Real Elvish rope?" Frodo half asked half stated.

Aelinaras was now lagging behind her companions as they walked through the wood still. She wanted to get out of forest, for pain still lingered in her heart and the great waterfall could still be heard. Sure she fore saw all of this, yet she could not stop blaming herself. If she hadn't have gotten lost she could have gotten to merry a pippin faster, and got them somewhere safe then neither they nor Boromir would be gone. The thought of the two Hobbits being taken started a fire in her core, she had lost two to many as it is, and she wasn't going to let Saruman get away with his filthy minions taken away the Halflings. Not while blood still flowed through her veins. With the inspiration she needed from her fallen friends, she ran at full speed, ahead of Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas. Upon seeing her so headstrong about getting the hobbits back their will was strengthened as well. So running as if they were ever to stop the cracks of the ground would swallow them whole. They pressed on.

Walking on the rocky sharp terrain, Frodo and Sam stopped to look into the distance. Far past the cruel rigid mountains an orange glow, like fire was seen in the distance. Mount doom. Mordor. The one place in Middle-Earth we don't wanna see any closer. It's the one place we are trying to get to. It's just where we can't get." Sam said seeing just how ironic it was. A few hours past and the two stopped walking. Taking a look around "Let’s face it Mister Frodo. We're lost. I don't think Gandalf meant for us to come this way." Sam said tired and frustrated. "He didn't mean for a lot of things to happen Sam. But they did." Frodo offered a smile but it was weak and sad. With he smile fading off of his face Frodo stared out seeing the eye of Sauron. Watching him under the intensity of its fiery glare Frodo fell back panting. "mister Frodo?" Sam asked he pause his eyes going to the ring around Frodo’s neck. "It’s the ring isn't it" it was a statement not a question. "It's getting heavier." Frodo answered clutching the ring before taking a small sip from his canteen. "What food have we got left?" Frodo asked trying to get his mind off of the eye. Sam took out a packages from his back and examined it. "Oh yes, lovely. Lembas bread. And look! More Lembas bread." Sam mused in a sarcastic manner, while breaking off a piece of the bread for Frodo and then himself for them to eat. "I don't usually hold to foreign food, but this elvish stuff, it's not bad." Sam stated probably just happy something was in his stomach. "Heh, nothing ever dampens you spirits, does it Sam?" Frodo smiled. Sam looked up and nodded at the sky which was covered with several thick grey fluffy masses. "Those rain clouds might."

The hobbits huddled in the night rain, cloaks wrapped tightly around them. If it wasn't for the bitterly cold dampness the rain would have been soothing. Frodo looked down at Aelinaras bracelet around his wrist. Bringing it up to his chest a warm light surrounded the two hobbits. "Mister Frodo?" Sam asked looking at the glowing jewelry. Frodo smiled. "Aelinaras isn't even here and yet she's still protecting use" Frodo said as his smile grew wider, their cloths were dry through the rest of the night, neither the rain or cold got to them.

Night passes and the hobbits continue walking through the rough terrain. "This looks strangely familiar." Sam said stepping over a sharp rock. "Because we've been here before. We're going in circles." Frodo said with a huff, both tired and frustrated. "Uh! What's that horrid stink? I wonder if there's a nasty bog nearby. Can you smell it?" Sam said taking in a breath. Frodo turned to Sam with a serious look. "We're not alone."

Aragorn, Gimli, Aelinaras and Legolas settled down in at the edge of the forest. Gimli sat down with his eyes closed resting, Aelinaras perched herself up in a tree sharpening her sword Eden. Legolas gazed up at her from his spot on the ground. He found he couldn't turn away from her. She was no different from any other she elf....right? Same ears, same stealth and ability. He couldn't physically find anything that would make him as mesmerized with her as he really was. Aelinaras looked up from her sword, her grayish cobalt lime eyes staring at him with question. All the young prince could do was smile.

Night had fallen yet again the crest moon shining bright down upon the hobbits as the slept. Yet high above them perched on a rock and frail horrid creature stood watching them hating them. "You thieves! You thieves You filthy little thieves! Where is it? Where is it? They stole it from us. My Precious." Gollum hissed in a low whisper climbing down the cliff. "Curse them! We hates them! It's ours it is and we wants it!" he keep mumbling to his self reaching out his hand towards the sleeping figures. Frodo and Sam awoke and grabbed the retched thing’s arms pulling him down. As they struggled gollum broke free of Frodo’s arm a second after Sam’s. He pounced Frodo and they fell, gollum eyes grew wide as he saw the ring his Precious around the hobbits neck. Desperately trying to reach the ring, gollum forgot about Sam who yanked the thin creature off of Frodo. Gollum somehow wiggled his self free, jumping Frodo again. Sam managed to grab him again only to have been bitten in the shoulder,. Gollum wraps it's self around Sam teeth still in the hobbits shoulder. The two fell to the ground when Sam landed on his back. Frodo drew out sting and held it to the toad’s throat. "This is Sting. You've seen it before, haven't you Gollum!" Frodo hissed at the now frightened Gollum. "Yes." the creature croaked. "Release him, or I'll cut your throat!" Frodo demanded, Gollum slowly loosened his grip on Sam before letting out a loud wail.

The sun had risen again gracing Even the cruel terrain of Mordor with its radiance. Frodo and Sam continued wandering their way to mount Doom. Sam had his elven rope tight around Gollum’s neck as they dragged him along. "It burns! It burns us! It freezes! Nasty elves twisted it. Take it off us!" Gollum searched pulling at the rope, Sam turned around and tried to get Gollum to keep moving for he was wiggling about. "Quiet you!" he demanded but the creature kept wailing. "It's hopeless! Every Orc in Mordor is gonna hear this racket! Let's just tie him up and leave him!" Sam said having enough of Gollum. "No! That would kill us, kill us!" Gollum whined as he stopped thrashing about. "It's nothing more than you deserve!" Sam barked at him. Frodo turned to look at the creature his eyes hold a little pity. "Maybe he does deserve to die. But now that I see him, I do pity him." Frodo confessed. Gollum heard this and smiled. "We'll be nice to them, if they'll be nice to us. Take it off us." it lied through its rotted teeth with an deceitful smile meant to look innocent. "We swears to do what you wants. We swears!" Gollum kept up his act. "There's no promise you can make that I can trust." Frodo replied to him with an unsure look. Gollum got on his filthy scrawny legs and crawled to Frodo’s feet bowing. We swears to serve the Master of the Precious. We will swear on on the Precious! GollumGollum" it said with a cough. "The Ring is treacherous. It will hold you to your word." Frodo spoke as Gollum nodded his head. "Yes on the Precious on the Precious." he mumbled standing up. Sam panicked "I don't believe you! Get down! Get down!" he demanded scaring Gollum who tried to get away forgetting the rope around his thin neck. Crashing to the ground as Sam pulled the rope. "Sam!" Frodo cried. "He's trying to trick us! We let him go, he'll throttle us in our sleep!" Sam warned, holding not one once of pity of the retched unnatural thing. Frodo approached the Gollum who was panting and holding its throat. "You know the way to Mordor?" He asked it. "Yes." Gollum stammered backing away. "You've been there before?" "Yes" Frodo took the rope off Gollum's neck, surprising the toad. "You will lead us to the Black Gate." he demanded, wasting no time Gollum leapt up and rushed off.

Gollum ran off far ahead of the hobbits yet still in eye shot. He began to talk to himself. "To the Gate, to the Gate! To the Gate, the masters says. Yes!" he cheered to himself before stopping in his tracks. "No! We won't go back. Not there. Not to him. They can't make us. Gollum! Gollum!" he said coughing. "But we swore to serve the master of the precious!" Gollum reason or rather Smeagol reasoned with Gollum. "No. Ashes and dust and thirst there is, and pits, pits, pits. And Orcses, thousands of Orcses. And always the Great Eye watching, watching." Gollum whined before he turned to the hobbits and scream running off. "Hey! Come back now! Come back! There! What did I tell you? He's run off, the old villain. So much for his promises." Sam cried cursing Gollum. Suddenly Gollum popped up from behind a rock. "This way Hobbitses! Follow me!" he called