The Fellowship

The White Hand of Saruman

Merry and pippin rode on the backs of two marching Uruk-hai. These inhuman creatures seem not to need much sleep stopping very few times. "Merry! Merry!" pippin called to his cousin who seemed to be a sleep. Orcs came from around the black rocks that scattered the area. "You're late. Our master grows impatient. He wants the Shire-rats now." an Orc named Grishnakh sneered; his bony deformed face and glazed eyes enough to make one retch. "I don't take orders from Orc-maggots. Saruman will have his prize. We will deliver them." Mauhr the Uruk that had been deemed leader after lurtz death barked at the intolerant Grishnakh. "Merry! Merry! Wake up! My friend is sick! He needs water. Please!" pippin called to the Uruk-hai. "Sick is he? Give him some medicine, boys!" Mauhr sneered showing his Nasty yellow Tarter cased teeth. The uruks growl one pours a red sticky liquid into Merry's mouth, he began to choke. "Stop it!" pippin cried. "Can't take his draught!" Mocked Mauhr. "Leave him alone!" pippin demanded. "Why? You want some? Huh? Then keep your mouth shut." Mauhr retorted before turning around. "Merry." pippin called. "Hello, Pip." merry whispered trying no to let the Uruks carrying them hear him. "You're hurt." pippin stated worried. "I'm fine. It was just an act." merry replied. "An act?" pippin was utterly confused. "See? I fooled you too. Don't worry about me, Pippin." merry said flashing a big grin. A big Uruk-hai named Uglk smelt the air and held up his hand signaling to stop. "What is it? What do you smell?" Mauhr questioned. Uglk sneered and crinkled up his nose "Man-flesh." he replied. "ey I smell something sweet as well" he mused lustfully. "Aragorn, Aelinaras!" pippin gasped. "They've picked up our trail! Let's go!" Mauhr said rushing the troop of uruki-hai and orcs. Pippin quickly tore his elven brooch off his cloak with his teeth, dropping it on the ground. "They will find us" he thought as a uruki stomped into the ground. "I hope"

Aragorn lay with his ear to the ground. "Their pace has quickened. They must have caught our scent. Hurry!" he stated. He stated running off he didn't have to tell Aelinaras twice for she turned into a stag and began to run ahead of the three. "Come on Gimli Legolas called to the dwarf who was lagging behind.”Three days and night's pursuit no food, no rest, and no sign of our quarry but what bare rock can tell." Gimli complained. Aelinaras laughed making a U, she used her antlers to pick him and toss the dwarf on her back. The three of them ran across open yellow grassy plains.

The four companions entered a vale Aragorn kneeled down picking up Pippin's brooch. "Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall." Aragorn said looking up Legolas turned to him "They may yet be alive." the elf clamed. Aragorn held the brooch out for Aelinaras to sniff it, so they could track them better. "Less than a day ahead of us, come!" Aragorn called as he took off with Aelinaras, Gimli stumbles and rolling to the ground. "Come Gimli! We are gaining on them." Legolas called out relief evident in his voice. "I'm wasted on cross-country. We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances." Gimli huffed out of breath. Coming over a hill they paused gazing out upon the plains. "Rohan, Home of the horse-lords." Aragorn breathed. "There's something strange at work here. Some evil gives speed to these creatures, sets its will against us." Aelinaras stated morphing back to her elf form. Legolas began to scan the landscape before him. "Legolas! What do your elf eyes see?" Aragorn called to him. "The Uruks turn northeast. They are taking the hobbits to Isengard!" the elf called back. "Saruman." Aragorn mumbled drawing in a sharp breath.

Saruman stood in his chamber, palm hovering above his Palantr one of the very last seeing stones. "The world is changing." he murmured as his vision went to the tower of Barad-dr, Orcs march over the bridge in dozens. "Who now has the strength to stand against the armies of Isengard and Mordor." Saruman said cockily. "To stand against the might of Sauron and Saruman, and the union of the Two Towers." he continued as his vision turned to the top of the tower of Barad-dr, the Eye of Sauron. A blaze. "Together, My Lord Sauron, we shall rule this Middle-Earth." the Power hungry old wizard mused.

Saruman walked out though survey the pits. where Orcs were at work, with welding, and armory. "The old world will burn in the fires of industry. Forests will fall. A new order will rise. We will drive the machinery of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orcs." Saruman paused. "We have only to remove those who oppose us." he spoke confidently walking the ground levels. "I want them armed and ready to march within two weeks!" he ordered to an Orc. "But my Lord, there are too many! They cannot all be armed in time, we don't have the means." the Orc spoke in fear as if it might be out of line. "Build a dam, block the stream, work the furnaces night and day." the wizard said speaking as if the Orc was simpler than it was. "We don't have enough fuel to feed the fires." the creature said risking being out of line again. Saruman looked out onto the forest. "The Forest of Fangorn lies on our doorstep. Burn it." he said in a bored tone before walking back to his tower. In which he held an audience in his chamber. A Wildman by the name of Dunlending stood before the wizard offering services. "We will fight for you." Dunlending spoke you could certainly tell he was gun hoe about this. "Swear it." the wizard demanded holding his head up high. The Wildman took out a large knife and sliced it's blade over his palm, making a fist, he let the blood drip from it. "We will die for Saruman." he stated. The old corrupt wizard smiled.

In a group of Wildmen, who were holding torches and armed weapons. Saruman stood. "The horsemen took your lands. They drove your people into the hills to scratch the living off rocks." Saruman spoke the wildmen began to murmur in agreement. "Take back the lands they stole from you. Burn every village!" as the wizard gave his speech the crowd roared in approval. "It will begin in Rohan. Too long have these peasants stood against you. But no more." the wizard though referring to Sauron.

The Wildmen and Orcs attacked their first village mercilessly slaughtering the villagers. A mother called out to her children who came running. "othan, othan! You take your sister. You'll go faster with just two." she said mounting her son upon a horse and then her daughter. "But Papa says othan must not ride Garold. She's too big for him!" the little girl Freda said from up on the Shire which is a large breed of horse indeed. "Listen to me! You must ride to Edoras and raise the alarm. Do you understand me?!" the mother said in panic. "Yes mama!" her son othan answered quickly. Freda began to cry. "I don't want to leave! I don't wanna go!" she sobbed leaning over the horses side to huge her mother who had tears stinging the rims of her own eyes. Yet she would not let them fall. "Listen to me. I will find you there." she said to her daughter letting her go. "Quickly!" she cried watching her children ride way. Go child!" she whisperd.Othan and Freda looked back from a distance watching the Orcs set fire to their home. Saruman smiled from his seeing stone "Rohan, my lord, is ready to fall."

Bodies of men and horses lie in the rain, on the muddy banks of the Isen river. "Theodred. Find the king's son!" Eomir Captain of the Horsemen called out. "Mordor will pay for this." one of the horsemen cried. "These Orcs are not from Mordor." Eomir said as if it were venom upon his tongue. Kicking a dead Orc it rolled over. The white hand of Saruman on its armor. "My Lord Eomir. Over here!" another horseman called franticly. Rushing over to Theodred he turned him over gently. "He's alive!"

The group of horsemen rode across the plain. Eomir has the wounded Theodred in front of him on his horse. A woman with long sandy blonde hair ran up the stairs to the Golden Hall of Meduseld. Entering the chamber where Eomir had taken Theodred. "Theodred!" Eowyn cried kneel by the bed side. Eomir glanced at his sister with a look of meaning, drawing back the blanket that covered Theodred. His wound was fatal. The two hurry to king Theoden, who sat on his throne still, and silenced. Stringy , tangled, matted white hair riddled about his face. Paler that the moon it's self. This is what the once regal king was cut down to. "Your son is badly wounded my lord." Eowyn spoke her voice wavering. "He was ambushed by Orcs. If we don't defend our country, Saruman will take it by force." At Eomir's words a slimy looking man slinked out from the shadows. "That is a lie!" he hissed walking to the king. "Saruman the White has ever been our friend and ally." Grima spoke before Theoden mumbled feebly to Grima, who leaned closer. "Orcs are roaming freely across our lands. Unchecked, unchallenged, killing at will." you could hear anger in the Horseman's voice. Eomir dropped a helmet onto the ground. Landing with a loud clang. The white hand of Saruman showing vividly. Grima looked down at it with a mix of shock and worry as if being found out. Though the snake quickly recovered. "Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind?" the mused as if Eomir was a cruel wretch. "Can you not see? Your uncle is wearied by your malcontent, your warmongering." he continued casting the two a malice look. "Warmongering?!" Eomir yelled grabbing Grima pushing him up against a pillar. "How long is it since Saruman bought you? What was the promised price, Grima? When all the men are dead you would take a share of the treasure?" the Rider asked speaking with venom. Grima's eye wandered to the side. Watching Eowyn as she walked by. She stopped and stared before leaving. Eomir jerked the worm again. Clutching his hand around Grima's jaw. "Too long have you watched my sister. Too long have you haunted her steps." he hissed Grima looked to the right and relaxed as Eomir was pulled away by guards. "You see much, Eomir son of Eomund. Too much." the slim of a man sneered. "You are banished forthwith from the kingdom of Rohan, and all its domains, under pain of death." Grima continued. "You have no authority here. Your orders mean nothing." Eomir yelled pulling against the guards. Grima held out an order with a sunburst seal and a scrawled signature. "This order does not come from me. It comes from the king." he paused and sneered. "He signed it this morning." Eomir cried out in frustration as the guards pulled him out.

The Troop of Orcs and Uruk-hai Kept up their march, Aelinaras, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli hot on their heels. "Keep breathing, that's the key! Breathe! Hooh!" Gimli said completely out of breath. "They run as if the very whips of their masters were behind them." Legolas stated. "Then we must do so as well! Asca!/Hurry!" Aelinaras called. Soon the sun had set and night had fallen. The four companions had stopped to rest by a very small Brooke. Aragorn Gimli and Legolas at around the small fire they had managed to start. Aelinaras stared distantly into the fire, before closing her eyes, and walking away. The three friends looked at one another Legolas effortlessly pushed himself up to go after her. "Tula, hama neva i'naur/Come, sit near the fire" he called to her. "You need to rest....Amin dele ten' lle? I am worried about you" he sighed. "Amin hiraetha/I'm sorry" the she elf's voice was low. Legolas wrapped his arms around her gently. " Dina/Be silent....Uuma dela/don't worry" Legolas cooed she leaned back into his embrace. "Amin autien rath Tulien? / I'm going to bed Coming?" he asked she shook her head and continued to stare out at the landscape. Legolas sighed and walked back in defeat. Aelinaras waited till everyone was at rest before quietly grabbing her things. " Amin hiraetha Quel esta/ I’m sorry sleep well" she whispered to her three friends before looking up. “Hold on you two" she thought turning into and stage and running off into the night.

Legolas awoke in the night looking around he calmed himself. Lucky he had forgotten the nightmare that plagued his mind. As he looked around he noticed something wasn't right. Standing up he realized what was wrong. Where was the she elf? "Aragorn!" he called shaking the ranger awake. Aragorn looked around groggily. "Aelinaras is gone" Legolas said, Aragorn got up quickly. "Gimli get up" Aragorn called to the loudly snoring dwarf, nudging him with his foot. "What is it" Gimli said standing as well. "Aelinaras is gone come we have to find her" Aragorn stated. So they were off again.

The Orcs had set up a camp for the night. "We ain't goin' no further 'till we've had a breather!" an Uruk complained setting all his armor down. "Get a fire going!" Uglk commanded. Pippin crawled over to merry with some trouble, being as his arms were tied up. "Merry! Merry!" he called. "I think we might have made a mistake, leaving the Shire, Pippin." Said a tired merry. Low haunting groans and rumbles came from the forest, as the Orcs began to cut down some trees and branches. "What's making that noise?" pippin asked spooked by the sound. "It's the trees." merry said with wonder looking up at the forest. "What?" pippin asked disbelief evident in his tone. "You remember the Old Forest? On the borders of Buckland? Folks used to say that there was something in the water that made the trees grow tall, and come alive." merry paused to look back up at the forest. "Alive?" pippin questioned. "Trees that could whisper, talk to each other. Even move." merry continued. "I'm starving. We ain't had nothing but maggoty bread for three stinking days!" A large Orc said tossing a piece of bread to the ground. "Yeah! Why can't we have some meat?" and Orc named Snaga whined its voice gurgled deep with his throat. Resting its eyes on the hobbits it grinned. "What about them? They're fresh!" he stated hungrily. "They are not for eating!" Uglk commanded harshly. What about their legs? They don't need those. Ooh! They look tasty!"

Grishnk mused taking a few steps towards the two scared hobbits. "Get back, scum! The prisoners go to Saruman. Alive and unspoiled." Uglk ordered stepping in front of Grishnk. "Alive? Why alive? Do they give good sport?" the Orc sneered. "They have something. An Elvish weapon. The master wants it for the war." Uglk stated lossing patients. "They think we have the Ring." pippin whispered leaning over to merry. "Shhh! As soon as they find out we don't, we're dead." merry said quieting his cousin. Just a mouthful. A bit off the flank." Snaga cried charging for the two. yet Uglk cut off Sanga's head. "Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!" the called out the Orcs roared and piled around the dead body. "Pippin, let's go!" merry said as they tried to crawl away. Grishnk grabbed pippin by the leg. "Go on, call for help. Squeal! No one's gonna save you now!" he sneered, but grunted in pain as a spear flew into his back. Riders road out of horses killing the Orcs. "Pippin!" merry called. The hobbits head for the forest. pippin turned around to see a pair of trashing hooves above him. He yelled and waited for them to come crashing down. But a light brown mass knocked the horse and its ride to the ground. Not waiting to see what it was pippin out up and ran quickly to merry, into the forest.