The Fellowship

The Luck of A Ranger, Battle Preparations.

Hama and Gamling rode to the front of the column. Legolas stood a small distance away, scanning the surroundings. "Do you see anything?" Aelinaras asked him. Legolas shook his head. "What is it? Hama?" Gambling asked as the horse began to act wildly. "I'm not sure." Hama answered looking around. A Warg scout in the hills above them came Charging to the two guards. The Warg attacked Hama killing him on the spot. Gamling fought with the scout. Legolas quickly shot the Warg before killing the scout shouting "A scout!". "Wargs! We are under attack!" Aragorn yelled. The villagers became scared for their lives and panicked. "All riders to the head of the column!" Theoden called. "C'mon get me up here, I'm a fighter. Argh!" Gimli roared. Legolas spotted a large pack of Wargs rushing at them. "You must lead the people to Helm's Deep and make haste." Theoden told Eowyn. "I can fight!" she protested. "NO! Do as he says Eowyn I promise you, you will get your chance but the villagers need you now" Aelinaras told her firmly. "Make for the lower ground. Stick together!" Eowyn told the villagers. Legolas stood far front shooting the Wargs and their riders. When Theoden and the rest of his riders came Legolas flipped himself on Gimli’s horse. "Nice" Aelinaras commented. The elf prince smirked at her. Swords drawn, the Rohirrim ran at the Wargs. The two parties clashed and a fight began. Gimli and Legolas started up a contest of who can kill the most.

A Warg Crashed into Morgurth Throwing Aelinaras off of the Horses back. Landing on her feet. She shot it with her crossbow before it could kill her horse. "Morgurth! leave!" she called the black horse snorted in dissatisfaction but left. The Wargs ride ran at her with a raised spear. Aelinaras took Odin and cut the spear in half before cutting off the Orcs head. Looking up she saw a Warg and what she thought was its rider go off a cliff. Gimli and Legolas began to look for Aragorn as the fighting came to a stop. Gimli spotted a dying Orc on the ground, laughing. Standing over him Gimli pointed his axe at its neck. "Tell me what happened and I will ease your passing!" he ordered. "He's” It coughed “dead” It laughed ‘He took a little tumble off the cliff." the Orc struggled to get out. Legolas grabbed the Orc Hissing "you lie!" Aelinaras' heart sank that wasn't just a Warg and its rider. The Orc died Legolas threw him away before walking to the cliff edge but stopped when he saw the Evenstar in the orc's hand. He walked up to Gimli who was looking over the cliffs edge. "Get the wounded on horses. The wolves of Isengard will return." Theoden said from behind the two he paused. "Leave the dead." Legolas looked back at the king as if he had lost his mind. Aelinaras laid a hand on the elf prince's shoulder. " Tula/come" she called turning to walk off but Legolas still stood looking over the edge. Aelinaras turned back around and embraced him from behind. "Come on we have to get to helm’s deep....Aragorn's strong that fall wouldn't finish him" she cooed. Legolas turned to face her. She nodded and walked back to the group.

"Make way for the king! Make way for Theoden. Make way for the King!"The guard of the gate of helm's Deep called as Theoden and those who stayed behind to fight off the Wargs returned. Eowyn rushed through the crowd to meet them. "So few, so few of you have returned." she mumbled. "Our people are safe. We have paid for it with many lives." Theoden stated. Gimli walked to her slowly. "My lady" he called "Lord Aragorn, where is he?" Eowyn asked something fell in the pit of her stomach. "He fell" At this the girls face twisted with shock as she looked at her uncle with incredulity. "Wait!" Aelinaras called after Legolas who got off the horse and walked far ahead of her into the city. "Legolas!" she called again. He stopped turning sharply to face her. "Lin Oren'ner/ Your heartless" He snapped. Aelinaras stood rigidly. " n'uma amin rangwa mankoi Theoden heir sen!/ no I understand why Theoden left them!" Aelinaras retorted. "If we had gotten the dead and looked for Aragorn more Wargs would have come, and more people would have died, as a Princesses I understand this....and as a prince you should too" Aelinaras added half in anger. "Antolle ulua sulrim/Much wind pours from your mouth" Legolas commented before walking away. "Auta miqula orqu!/ Go kiss an Orc!" Aelinaras called back after him. “I don't need to understand evlish to know that was pure anger" Gimli said from behind her. Aelinaras jumped slightly. "You scared me" she breathed. The dwarf laughed "sorry" "it's alright" Aelinaras said with a light smile. "Draw all our forces behind the wall. Bar the gate, and set a watch on the surround." Theoden voice boomed as he pushed through the crowd to a guard. "What of those who cannot fight my lord? The women and children?" The guard asked. "Get them into the caves. Saruman's arm would have grown long indeed if he thinks he can reach us here." Theoden replied. Though he did not know the army that was building at the tower Orthanc.

"Where is he! Where is he! Get out of my way! I'm gonna kill him! You are the luckiest, the cunningest, and most reckless man I ever knew!" Gimli said hugging Aragorn once he heard of his return. "Gimli, where is the king?" Aragorn asked Gimli nodded to the hall. On his way Aragorn ran into Legolas "Le abdollen/You're late." The elf prince paused before smiling "You look terrible." he added. This made Aragorn laugh. Legolas handed him Arewn's Evenstar. "Hannon le/ Thank you.". Aragorn pushed the doors open to the hall where Theoden sat.

"A great host, you say?" Theoden breathed after hearing Aragorn speak of militia he had saw on his way to helm's deep. "All Isengard is emptied." Aragorn added. "How many?" the king asked. "Ten thousand strong at least." Theoden turned around with a shocked look. "Ten thousand?!" he stammered. "It is an army bred for a single purpose: to destroy the world of Men." Aragorn looked up. "They will be here by nightfall." "Let them come." Theoden said leaving the hall Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Aelinaras followed him. "I want every man and strong lad able to bear arms, to be ready for battle by nightfall." the King Boomed through the Crowed pathways "We will cover the causeway and the gate from above. No army has ever breached the Deeping wall or set foot inside the Hornburg." Theoden stated as if trying to convince himself. "This is no rabble of mindless Orcs. These are Uruk-hai. Their armor is thick and their shields broad." Gimli added. "I have fought many wars, Master Dwarf. I know how to defend my own keep." Theoden said somewhat offended. “I mean no disrespect but Gimli is right these are not the Goblins and Orc of your day! They are cunning and swift, I doubt they know fear" Aelinaras added in. Theoden ignored her and kept walking. "They will break upon this fortress like water on rock. Saruman's hordes will pillage and burn, we've seen it before. Crops can be resown. Homes rebuilt. Within these walls, we will outlast them." He stated.

"They do not come to destroy Rohan's crops or villages. They come to destroy its people. Down to the last child!" Aragorn warned is tone was pleading. "What would you have me do? Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!" Theoden snapped. "Send out riders, my lord. You must call for aid." Aragorn replied. "And who will come. Elves? Dwarves? We are not so lucky in our friends as you. The old alliances are dead." The king answered. "Gondor will answer." Aragorn cut in quickly. "Gondor? Where was Gondor when the Westfold fell? Where was Gondor when our enemies closed in around us!? Where was Gon- No, my Lord Aragorn, we are alone." Theoden said walking away from Aragorn. But Aelinaras stood in his way. “You’ve become a Sloth, what king of kings doesn't even try to call for aid it would be worth the effort! Gondor didn't come because you didn't call them and they are finding off the hordes straight from Mordor! Ten times as much Orc and shield than we shall meet! Their king is gone and their Steward has lost his mind and do not speak ill of your birth home!" The she elf spoke in a strong tone. "And what would a girl know of these matter's you should be back with the women and children" Theoden shot at her. “I am no girl Theoden son of Thengel, I am Aelinaras Lady of the Haven Wood, do not talk down to me" Theoden looked at her before walking by. "Get the women and children into the caves." He ordered to Gambling. "We need more time to lay provisions for a siege, lord” "There is no time. War is upon us!" Theoden yelled his mood had greatly changed. "Secure the gate." Gambling called to the gate guards.

Villagers and refugees from burned down villagers scurried around Helm's deep. "Come on people! Quickly, now!" a guard called urging them all into the caves. "We'll place the reserves along the wall. They can support the archers from above the gate." Aragorn stated. "Aragorn, you must rest. You're no use to us half-alive." Legolas suggested Before Aragorn could reply Eowyn came running to him. "Aragorn! I'm to be sent with the women into the caves." she said not to found of the idea. "That is an honorable charge." "To mind the children, to find food and bedding when the men return. What renown is there in that?"Eowyn said cutting in. "My lady, a time may come for valor without renown. Who then will your people look to in the last defense?" Aragorn replied. "Let me stand at your side." The girl pleaded. "It is not in my power to command it." Aragorn added before turning to walk away. "You do not command the others to stay! They fight beside you because they would not be parted from you. Because they love you." Eowyn called. Aragorn turned around "I'm sorry." Eowyn mumbled before running off.

Villagers were armed with weapons in the armory. "Farmers, farriers, stable boys...These are no soldiers." Aragorn said down casted. "Most have seen too many winters!" Gimli added. "Or too few. Look at them. They're frightened. I can see it in their eyes." Legolas spoke out. Aragorn turned and the room went silent. "Boe a hyn neled herain dan caer menig!/And they should be. Three hundred against ten thousand!" The elf went on. "Si beriathar hyn ammaeg na ned Edoras./They have a better chance defending themselves here than in Edoras." Aragorn replied calmly. "Aragorn, men i ndagor. Hn ortheri. Natha daged aen!/They cannot win this fight. They are all going to die!" Legolas snapped. "Then I shall die as one them!" Aragorn yelled raising his voice. The villages looked at the Ranger and elf in confusion as they glared at one another. Aragorn stormed off. As Legolas turned around he was greeted with a hard strike across his face. “Your head is empty, how dare you speak out of turn like that what’s wrong with you! You’re acting like the wild men that plague the open fields. Do you forget who you are?" Aelinaras leered. a boy about 10 or 12 stood at her side looking frightened he wasn't stupid he knew what the ranger and the elf were going at it about. "You are scaring the younger ones" she hissed at Legolas before turning to the boy. "Come Aindar Lets find you a sword"

"He doesn't think we'll make the night does he?" Aindar asked Aelinaras while she went threw the swords. "No he doesn't but he is wrong" She replied. "How do you know? We have few able to fight and most that are don't know how" The boy asked Aelinaras faced him. "Because what the mind of men can conceive and believe, it can achieve." Aelinaras said, Aindar smiled. "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move." Aelinaras added. "hmm? what’s that from?" Aindar asked. "Oh some old book Gandalf used to carry with him." Aelinaras said shrugging. "Do you think that’s true?" the boy asked. Aelinaras just nodded.