The Fellowship

Eomir's Return, Death of Saruman

The blaring of the horn was loud and shook the rocks and the face of the mountain. "Forð Eorlingas!" Theoden cried as all the men and elf soldier’s left began to ride out cutting threw all the Uruk-hai or pushing them off the bridge. Aragorn stops and looked up, and over the mass of Uruks up on the hill was Gandalf on his horse Shadowfax. "Gandalf." he breathed. Aelinaras looked up from her trust horse Morgoth. "Théoden king stands alone." Gandalf said looking down at them. "Not alone." Eomir said riding up besides Gandalf raising his sword in the air. "Rohirrim!" he called with pride this voice echoed over the battlefield in a wave "Eomir!" both Theoden and Aelinaras breathed one in shock the other just out of relief and happiness. "To the king!" the commanded as he Gandalf and the rest of the Rohan soldiers ran down the hill meeting the Uruks who looked in fear head on. Aelinaras stabbed an Orc in his chin slicing its face apart it cried out but stuck her in the back with its spear. It was one on one who would give in first the she elf’s legs began to buckle. Suddenly the Orcs head was cut clean off. "It's seems I’ve come at the right time yet again" Eomir said with a flirtatious smirk while fighting off the Uruks around her.

The Uruks fled Helm's Deep. The men shouted in victory. Aragorn and Eowyn embraced. Aelinaras fell to her knees feeling tired. Eomir wrapped his arm around her waste and pulled her to her feet. "You need help" he said with worry but the she elf's vision was fading in and out. "Aelinaras!" Legolas called she looked at him but couldn't focus. Eomir looked on as the Orcs rain into the forest. The men were about to chase after them. "Stay out of the forest! Keep away from the trees!" he called. Horrifying noises came from the forest as it swayed and rumbled. Aelinaras groan and blacked out.

Gimli sat on a dead Orc, smoking his pipe while the Rohirrim cleared the bodies. "Final count: fourty-two." Legolas said but he did not seem pleased. "Fourty-two?! That's not bad for a pointy-eared Elvish princeling." the dwarf said taking a puff of his pipe. "I myself am sitting pretty on fourty-three." he continued. The elf prince frowned and shot Gimli’s Orc. "Fourty-three." he said "he was already dead" Gimli said. "He was twitching." Legolas replied shrugging. "You’re worried about the she elf" Gimli said this made Legolas look up. "She’ll be fine she is strong just tired" he added. "Legolas looked up at the wall to the small tower.

Aelinaras and her company along with the king Gandalf and the Rohirrim sat seated on their horses looking out to the fiery bone chilling red skies of Mordor a long way off. "Are you okay?" Legolas asked her he's been asking this sense they left helms deep. "I’m fine I was just tired really" she said before nodding in Mordor’s direction. "But after gazing at that I’m not so sure" she muttered. "Sauron's wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift." Gandalf said though not one took their eyes of the red sky. "The battle for Helm's Deep is over. The battle for Middle-Earth is about to begin. All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits. Somewhere in the wilderness."Gandalf sighed. "May valar be with you Frodo because you’re really going to need it" Aelinaras thought shaking her head. Frodo sat in a daze next to Sam who was off in dream land. They rested just outside the Osgiliath sewer. Frodo peered at the round shinny misfortune that had brought them out here. Each day the ring took a little more out of him, and with each day be became more and more like...Frodo quickly put the ring away when the bracelet that Aelinaras had given him shook, Gollum popped his head down from the outside of the cave. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up, sleepies! We must go, yes. We must go at once." Gollum said in an awfully excited hurry. Sam awoke and looked at Frodo apprehensively. "Haven't you had any sleep, Mister Frodo?" He asked. Frodo shook his head. "I've gone an' had too much. Must be getting late."Sam said blinking a few times trying to wake up fully. "No. It isn't. It isn't midday yet. The days are growing darker." Frodo mumbled looking out of the cave as the earth shook with mount dooms great rumble.

Aelinaras, Eomir, Gandalf, Legolas, Theoden, Aragorn, and Gimli, rode through Fangorn with care their eyes watching out for any stray Uruk-hai or Warg. When the sound of Hobbit laughter reached their ears "It couldn't be?" the she elf asked turning to look at the others. "Let’s hope it is" Aragorn answered as the kept the way through the trees. Merry and Pippin where sitting on top of the Isengard storeroom, feasting. Little did anyone know that they two went to war with the Ents, triumphantly over coming Saruman. "It's good. Definitely from the Shire." Merry said enjoying the longbottom leaf he had found in the towers store room. "I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon…" Pippin said with a grin. "Hmm, Green Dragon." merry sighed thinking back to the green meadows and fields of the shire. "A mug of ale in my hand, putting my feet up on a settle after a hard day's work." pippin went on taking a puff of his pipe. "Only, you've never done a hard day's work." merry added the two began to laugh. Aelinaras and the others came nearer to the crumbled gates that encircled Isengard. The two hobbits spotted them "Welcome, my Lords… to Isengard!" merry cheered Aelinaras gave them a look. "And lady!" merry quickly added. Aragorn couldn't help but grin. "You young rascals! A merry chase you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and… and smoking!" Gimli said as if he had found a child smoking pot in our day. "Their adults Gimli if they smoke let them smoke they took down Isengard" Aelinaras laughed but it was an Empty one. "We are sitting on the field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good." Pippin said one could tell the Leaf he was smoking had gone a bit to his head. "Salted pork" Gimli mumbled hungrily smiling. "Hobbits" Gandalf said shaking his head impatiently. "We're under orders from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard." Merry said.

Going up to Orthanc, the tower of Isengard, they meet with Treebeard. "Young master Gandalf, I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here, locked in his tower." Treebeard said nodding up to the tower. The party looked around."Show yourself." Aragorn called boldly. "Be careful even in defeat Saruman is dangerous." Gandalf warned. Gimli rolled his eyes "Then let's just have his head and be done with it." He said. Aelinaras smirked. "No, we need him alive. We need him to talk." Gandalf replied glaring up at the tower. "You have fought many wars and slain many men Théoden king, and made peace afterwards." Saruman said from the very top of the tower showing him. "That old bag!" Aelinaras said with wide eyes. Gandalf cracked a smile. "Can we not take council together, as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?" Saruman pleaded foolishly. "What a worm of wizard, so cowardly willing to work for anyone it seems" Aelinaras thought. "We shall have peace." Théoden said softly but as he went on his voice began to rise, “We shall have peace… when you answer for the burning of the westfold, and the children that lie dead there. We shall have peace, when the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows… we shall have peace." The king said. "Gibbets and crows? Dotard!" Saruman said blowing him off. "What do you want Gandalf Greyhame? Let me guess: the key of Orthanc, or perhaps the key of Barad-dûr itself, along with the crowns of the seven kings and the rods of the five wizards!" Saruman said Aelinaras raised a brow. "Are you trying to buy him off?" she called. The evil old wizard just glared at her. "Your treachery has already cost many lives. Thousands more are now at risk, but you could save them Saruman. You were deep in the enemy's council." Gandalf said. A Deceitful grin etched its way across Saruman’s face; He had something to bargain with. "So you have come here for information. I have some for you." He said whipping out a Palantír which glowed as if the very fires of Mordor lived within it. "Something festers in the heart of Middle-Earth. Something that you have failed to see. But the Great Eye has seen it. Even now he presses his advantage. His attack will come soon." He said pausing, Gandalf moved Shadowfax forward. "You're all going to die." Saruman sneered. "But you know this don't you, Gandalf." he kept going turning to look at Aragorn evilly. "You cannot think that this Ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile, crept from the shadows, will never be crowned king. Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him, those he professes to love." Saruman hissed he turned to look at Aelinaras before looking back at Gandalf. "Tell me… what words of comfort did you give the Halfling before you sent him to his doom?" he said. Aelinaras glared at him and went to say something but Legolas placed a hand on her shoulder and shook his head. Aelinaras looked away glaring at the water.

Gandalf sighed. "The path that you have set him on can only lead to death." He added. "You shut up ol'toad!" Aelinaras barked. "I've heard enough." Gimli said turning to Legolas. "Shoot him. Stick an arrow in his gob." He urged. Legolas in not even a second had his bow out and was reaching for an arrow. "No" Gandalf said calmly stopping the young elf prince. "Come down Saruman, and your life will be spared." Gandalf said. Saruman snickered. "Save your pity and your mercy; I have no use for it!" He hissed shooting a fire ball down at Gandalf, the flames cleared quickly showing Gandalf and Shadowfax were unharmed. "Saruman, your staff is broken." Gandalf called as the old un-useful wizard’s staff shattered in his hands. Saruman was shocked. Aelinaras and Pippin laughed. Grima Appeared from behind Saruman in a hunched fashion. "I saw you in dream, you stood before the great army with Saruman, and as he talked of what was to come you cried, Yes be it one solitary tear, you cried." Aelinaras said up to him smiling. "Grima, you need not follow him. You were not always as you are now. You were once a man of Rohan! Come down." The king said Grima bowed to him gratefully. "A man of Rohan? What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and rats roll on the floor with the dogs? Victory at helms deep does not belong to you, Théoden, horsemaster! You are a lesser son of greater sires. Saruman Backed. "Grima, come down. Be free of him." Théoden said. "Free?" Saruman said amused. "He will never be free" he said callously. Grima glared at him. "No" he said Saruman looked back at him "get down you cur" he hissed slapping Grima to the floor "Saruman, you were deep in the enemy's council. Tell us what you know." Gandalf asked again. Aelinaras saw Grima draw out a dagger. "I really should saw something but" she thought as Grima stabbed Saruman in the back. "oops too late now" she thought chuckling a bit to herself as the bitter old bag fell off the side of the tower, getting Impaled onto a spoke of a Large wheel. Legolas shot Grima down with an arrow, Dead. "Send word to all our allies, and to every corner of Middle-Earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike." Gandalf ordered. The large wheel turned sending Saruman’s body beneath the water. "The filth of Saruman is washing away. Trees will come back to live here. Young trees, wild trees." Treebeard said walking up. Pippin saw an orange glow from the water. Getting off the horse he went to it. Pulling the Palantír out of the water. "Bless my bark!" Treebeard gasped. Gandalf went to pippin. "Peregrin Took, I'll take that, my lad. Quickly now!" he urged. Pippin hesitantly gave it up.