The Fellowship

The Call of Gondor

"Legolas?" she questioned as he stood next to her. "Sen tir?/ is it true?" he asked somewhat hurt. "What are you talking about?" Aelinaras asked lost. He turned to look at her but found he could only look to his left side down at the ground. "Eomir..." was all he was able to get out.”Damn you" she cursed under her breath. "So it is?" he said there was hint of anger in his voice. "That stuff you all drank in the contest...effected me I didn't know what I was doing...Goheno nin/ forgive me" Aelinaras said she didn’t know why however, it was her body and for all he knew she might have laid with Eomir because she felt for him, this wasn’t the case but who was Legolas to be so critical about it, more so why was it she cared so much about the way he saw her. Legolas looked down at her and forced her to look him in the eye. "Nai/ maybe" he said lowly, inching his face closer to her own, she could feel his warm breath caressed her face, as his deep cerulean eyes pierced hers. He then smiled mischievously and pulled away. Aelinaras blinked a few times as the elf prince looked at her with a large smirk on his face. "You look horrible" he said, Aelinaras' mouth dropped. "I’ll make you eat those words" she said chasing him. He ran through down the steps and through the village. Onlookers looked at the two as if they had lost their minds. Aragorn and Merry who were still standing in the lookout tower smiled down at them. "What Gimli wouldn't give to see Legolas lose his composer like this" Aragorn said laughing. Merry laughed as well; somehow Aelinaras always seemed to be able to bring joy in bad times.

Aelinaras leapt and tackled Legolas, the two rolled down the grassy hill just outside of the Edoras gates, laughing all the way down. To Aelinara's dismay she had not been the one top, Legolas smiled back at her triumphantly as she leered. "That wasn't fair" she said. Legolas tilted his head, his long blonde hair had fallen out of its small bond that tied it away from his face and hung freely now. "How so?" he asked He knew what he looked like, this young fair elven prince knew, he knew his eyes wear like crystals and his hair was like silk and honey. He also knew he wanted her, her wanted this lovely off beaten She elf, in truth she was plan in her looks but her simplicity was her beauty. "You’re stronger" Aelinaras added with a faked upset tone, she pouted slightly. He smiled down at her smoothly. Aelinaras blushed and looked to the side, that smile. "And heavier get off" she said laughing he pouted and got off. "How nice of you" he said sarcastically. Aelinaras smiled at him. In the distance came a tan horse. His rider was hooded, and his face could not be seen. "Who do you think that is?" Aelinaras asked Legolas’ face had become very serious as he stood up. "I do not know...." he said reaching for his bow he positioned himself in front of her protectively, this made her snicker.”I can fight you know, it's only one man" she said. "He would have to be a strong man if Sauron sent him alone" Legolas said. "How do you know it's not aid?" she asked him amused right down to her core, sure this could be a precarious situation, but She knew she was safe with him, and was still feeling mischievous.

The rider was much closer now. "Why would one man be sent as aid" Legolas asked but quickly got quiet as the rider had stopped in front of them. "State your name rider" Aelinaras said standing tall her voice was very demanding. "Funny I thought you'd know me" a familiar voice said it was overconfident but it was also gentle. Legolas lowered his bow slowly as Aelinaras bolted past him. The rider jumped off his horse and quickly met Aelinaras' embrace. "Haldir!" she cheered, his hood fell down in the process. Legolas gave a faded smile. This isn't what he needed another person who caught the she elf's eyes. And certainly not one like Haldir, He was the only one Legolas deemed to be a real threat, sure he was upset about Eomir, but when it came down to it, He had rank above him, he had been with her through so much more than Eomir had, her knew her deeper. But Haldir had known her in her childhood, he knew her heart better than anyone, and that scared him.

"Why are you here? What made you come?" Aelinaras asked him as she walked in the middle of Hi and Legolas. Legolas eyed Haldir "yes why did you come" he asked somewhat pointedly. Haldir leered lightly at the elf prince. "I was on my way here 3 days ago, but the connection I had with Aelinaras last made me speed up" he said turning his gaze to Aelinaras. Legolas looked down at Aelinaras. Who was smiling softly at the other blonde elf. She hugged him sweetly "thank you" she said Haldir hugged her back; Legolas coughed trying to bring everything back. Aelinaras kept walking “it's late we should head in for dinner" she said happy, she seemed to glow. Legolas smirked and ran past her "race you" he said Aelinaras laughed and bolted after him "ok but you will regret it" she called. Haldir shook his head and took off running too. The elder elf was faster he knew his strengths and bolted ahead of both of the younger elves.

At dinner things seemed very tense, Eowyn tried her best to help Aelinaras keep the peace between her two friends as did Aragorn and Merry. Aelinaras shook her head, Haldir was far to composed to show irritation and Legolas was trying to cover it up. "I’m not so hungry anymore I think I’ll go for a walk." she said excusing herself, with a long and tired sigh. Legolas went to go after her but Aragorn kept him from doing so. “let her be for a while" he said calmly and all too knowingly. Legolas looked after her but sat back down. Aelinaras looked at the night sky, this was a great time to think, all seemed so calm for some reason and she didn't like it, it wasn't natural. Looking to the sky she closed her eyes. "I haven't been able to connect with you Frodo" she thought opening her eyes she saw a light and blue-ish green light shoot into the sky from Minas Morgul. "Be safe" she thought wide eyed as she saw the beam. "And valar be with you". Hours pasted but Aelinaras never grew tired something in her was boiling over, a sudden burst of energy. She could run to Gondor and back but it wasn't a good energy it was the fire that lights in one’s body when placed in a war, outnumbered and desperate. She didn't like it she didn't like it at all.

The Next Morning Aragorn stepped out for a breath of fresh winter morning air. As he made it out he had to stop himself from stepping on a slender figure propped up against the wall Sleeping. He smiled to himself and chuckled. "She’s a silly one I’ll give her that" he said knelling down to the She elf's level. He looked up to the mountains and saw the last Beacon from Gondor Light up. His eye widened and he shook Aelinaras lightly. "Wake up, wake up!" he said urgently, Aelinaras groaned and her eyes fluttered open. "What is it?" she asked her voice not quiet finding its self. "The Beacons are lit!" he said pointing to the fire as she looked up she gasped jumping to her feet she and Aragorn tore through the great hall. "The Beacons of Minas Tirith! The Beacons are lit!" Aragorn called. The two slid to a stop as they had apparently interrupted a meeting, Theoden Gamling, Gima and another old man looked at them. "Gondor calls for aid!" Aragorn added.

Aelinaras waited to here Theoden bad mouth Gondor for not helping them and refuse there was a slight pause. Theoden looked up with a serious face. "And Rohan will answer." he said Aelinaras smiled broadly at this and took in a deep breath all of her body shook with excitement. "Muster the Rohirrim!" Theoden ordered. Aelinaras took off to find Eomir herself. As she ran into the stables she tripped over a horses harness landing on a bale of hay busting it. She laughed at herself as did someone else. "For an elf" he said showing himself "you sure aren't sure footed" Eomir said his eyes sparkled with amusement Aelinaras glared at him and smiled. "Gondor called for aid, Theoden says to round up your men" she said grinning from ear to ear. Eomir helped her up and pulled her to him. "You’d make a wonderful co-captain" he said seriously, looking her deep within her eyes Aelinaras felt awkward. "e-eomir...stop," she said seriously, pushing him back lightly, she had a hard time looking at him, but her heart wasn’t ready, the race of men loved so purely more so than the elves did, she learned that from Boromir and she could never look at another human in the light or with the love she did for him, her heart could not take it. "I can't return y-" she started he hushed her softly and pressed his finger to her lips, it sent chills down her spine, he sighed and gave a faded smile. "I know, I know, don't hate me for trying" he said gently. Aelinaras smiled at him. "Well then shall we go!" he said with a real smile and in a goofy manor, Aelinaras laughed "let’s shall" she said.

Aelinaras watched Eowyn try to talk to Aragorn, she was coming to bid the men farewell. However he found a sword hidden under the blanket on her horse. She gave a short speech on how he gave the men hope to distract him. Aelinaras walked over to the two and talked with them. As everyone saddled up Aelinaras smiled and let out a playful laugh as Merry went riding by on his little grey pony. "Legolas rode up next to her with Haldir on her other side. "They let him fight" Haldir asked confused Aelinaras smiled "I am happy for him" she said. Legolas smiled at her, her smile made this war seem like Childs play but for her it just might had been, she was a strong willed warrior."Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfill them all! To Lord and Land!" Eomir called and they road on.

Days pasted, Théoden and Aragorn road through the encampment at Dunharrow, surveying Rohan's army. Aelinaras sat by a tent with Eowyn. "Eowyn...I do not have a good feeling..." she said. Eowyn looked at her concerned. "What do you mean?" she asked. “I cannot form it into words...but I feel like I need to ride ahead." the she elf muttered. Her body was shaking on the inside something wasn't right. In her head rang the screaming of the Fell Bests and Men, in her head Visions of flames, Orcs, and the white tree. "What do you see?" Eowyn asked. Aelinaras looked at her and opened her mouth to speak.