The Fellowship

The Misty Mountains, Caradhras peak

Aelinaras steered Morgurth while the hobbits rode him for a while up a fairly steep hill. Her mind took her back to saying good bye to Haldir. "He and other archers will be fine he is a capable captain." She thought looking up at the sky. “Something is bothering you milady" Legolas said walking next to her, his eyes shown mild concern. "Oh it's nothing just thinking about my archers" she said turning her attention to the ground. "If they had you as one of the captains I am sure they'll be fine" he said before walking ahead of the group, Aelinaras smiled to herself and kept walking.

Night fell an eerie quiet took over the air, it was a clear night and fairly cool. Aelinaras leaned her back against Morgurth. Her eyes were close but her ears were sharp. Something was coming; she could hear its feet beat against the ground. Eight pairs of feet. Aelinaras calmly reached and pulled out her bow and readied her arrow. Pointing to the west she closed her eyes and took note of the creatures distance. The wiz of the arrow cutting through the air awoke Aragorn and Legolas. A loud roaring cry was heard far off. “Wargs two of them" Aelinaras said getting up and waiting for them to come. The first one leapt out at Aragorn and Legolas. The other at Aelinaras she jumped on its back and plunged her sword Eden into its skull with one last cry if died. Legolas aimed is arrow at the other Wargs eyes and took them out. The blinded Warg ran at Aragorn who jumped on its back and steered it into a mountain side killing it on impacted. It had been a couple of days know the group was sitting on a rocky hill for camp. Aelinaras was sitting watching merry and pippin practice there swordsman ship with Boromir. She smiled as they were having fun, he hit Merry's hand by mistake and merry played attacked him. Aelinaras smiled. "He would be a natural with kids" she thought but then corrected herself. " lady Galadriel warned me of this...”

~Flash Back~

Aelinaras was packing for the journey to Rivendell when Galadriel walked into the room. "Oh milady I didn't hear you come...is their something you ask of me" Aelinaras asked with a slight bow. "No dear child I have a warning for you I sense you are like my granddaughter, and I have for seen troubling things" Galadriel said gesturing for her to sit down. “Like Arewn? Milady?" Aelinaras asked. "Yes with a soft spot for the race of men...Boromir son of Denethor...you must keep distance from him...I favor you here and have no desire to see your heart fall" she said before leaving Aelinaras confused.

~end of flashback~

Aelinaras sighed wondering what she had for seen. Boromir smiled at her. Only to have Aelinaras turn her head away. His smile fell. Aragorn put a hand on his shoulder and went to talk to Gandalf. "Lady Aelinaras" she heard Frodo call to her. Looking down at him she smiled. "Your name it means Lake Deer in elvish, why were you given such a name?" he asked. Aelinaras smiled. "Because were I was born the elvish shared the forest with fauns, my father himself was one, my mother was the lady of the wood she gave me life in the lake were my father had first met her, thus I was given the name lake deer" she said Frodo smiled and went back to sam. Aelinaras tilted her head hearing the flapping of wings she looked at Legolas and ran to the top of the hill. “Rain clouds don't move so quickly, what is a flock of bird doing here at this time of year?" she asked him. Legolas yelled to everyone that they were spies and they all hid under the bushes. Aelinaras found herself on top of Boromir. She went to roll off of him but he pulled her closer as the birds were fully over them now. Legolas eyes narrowed at this. As soon as the spies were gone Aelinaras leapt off on him and stood away from everyone. Gandalf said that they must now take the route in the Misty Mountains on Caradhras peak. Aelinaras shivered as she walked on top of the snowy climbs of Caradhras. She could only imagine what everyone else felt like seeing as they wouldn't walk on top of the snow. Aragorn was walking in back of Frodo and she was next to him. Frodo slipped on an icy piece up under the snow and tumbled a ways back. The rings and its chain fell from his neck. Boromir picked it up. “It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing." Boromir said staring at the ring as if in a trace. Aragorn placed his hand on the hilt on his sword. Aelinaras walked behind Boromir and put her hand over his and nodded in Frodo’s direction. “Boromir give Frodo the ring" Aragorn said with all seriousness. At first Boromir didn't listen Aelinaras tightened her grip over his hand making him wince. He gave it back after a few seconds. Aelinaras sighed and shook her head as they pressed on.

Night fell and Aelinaras set at the mountain side edge the cool wind blew her hair out of her face. She let her legs dangle off the edge. "And you do not fear of falling?" Legolas' voice celled to her. She looked up and smiled. "No falling is the very least of my fears" she answered. Legolas nodded and stood next to her. " Hama sinome/ have a seat" she told him. He did so and looked up at the stars. It was silent except for the moaning of the mountain no human ear could hear it but Aelinaras and Legolas could. “It’s haunting..." she spoke softly not to wake anyone. Legolas looked to her with question. "The mountain" she said as he nodded. "You’re not one of many words are you Dinaer/silent one" she asked with an amused face. " Dinaer? As far as what I can hear your not one for many a word either milady" he said with a small smile. "Please do not call me that...I loathe it" she said crinkling up her noise. "Amin hiraetha/I’m sorry" he said. Aelinaras shook her head and smiled " n'dela no'ta/ don’t worry about it" she said before getting up and brushing the snow off of her. "I’m going to rest know I suggest you do to" Aelinaras said standing up and walking back to her horse were she slept. Not long after there was a slight tug at her hair. Her eye opened to see Frodo standing before her. " Mani uma lle merna Mellonamin /what do you want my friend?" she spoke knowing he spoke or at least knew some elvish. "There is something on my mind" he said sitting next to her. Aelinaras sat up and waited. But he didn't speak. Aelinaras sighed. "You have nothing to fear Frodo, everyone here has made a promise to protect you, you’re safe though you know to be wary of Boromir, I can sense he is noble just lacks self control...." she said. Frodo nodded and looked to the ground. Aelinaras sighed. " Kwara sina ten'amin? Hold this for me" she said handing him her bracelet. "Now if we ever get separated trust to know that I want that back" she said with a small smile. "And remember I said you have my aid if you ever need anything I will make a way" she said in all seriousness. Frodo smiled and nodded his head before getting up. “Thank you" Aelinaras nodded and went to sleep.

The next Day a blizzard had flared up on the mountain. Legolas and Aelinaras were sent ahead to keep an eye out for anything. "Do you hear that" she asked him hearing a faint voice in the wind. "There is a fell voice on the air!" he said loud enough for all to here. “It’s Saruman!" Aelinaras cried pushing her eye to look all the way to his tower. "He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf, we must turn back!" Aragorn said standing over Frodo protectively. "No!" Gandalf shouted saying a spell to stop Saruman. But failed and some of the mountain came crashing down. Aelinaras screamed as the force of the snow, rock and wind knocked her over the side of the mountain. Thinking quickly she jammed her sword into the side as she was falling and held on.

It took a while for the snow and rock to stop falling but the group popped out of the snow. "Where's Aelinaras." Aragorn noticed she was missing. Legolas looked at him and then to the edge of the mountain. Frodo broke free of Aragorn’s grip and ran with some trouble to the edge. He got on his hands and knees to look over the edge. “You might want to find some rope!" she called having a strong grip on the hilt of her sword. Fordo let out a laugh and turned back to the others. "She’s alright, but we need rope to bring her up" he said before looking back down at her and smiling. After a short while they got her up. Frodo hugged her. "ehe i owe you all my life Diola lle...Thank you" she said everyone else hugged her save Gimli who refused to hug an elf but Aelinaras hug him anyway. Boromir went to hug her but it was awkward Aelinaras tensed remembering the warning Galadriel had given her and also she could sense death on him. She lightly pushed him away not even a second in the hug and backed away. "So know what do we do" she asked looking to Gandalf. There was a conversation about where to go Boromir suggested going through Gondor. "That would lead use to close to Isengard" Aragorn yelled over the wind. Aelinaras gave Frodo her cloak to wrap around him and the other hobbits seeing they were cold. "If we cannot go over the mountain let us go under it, let use the mines of Moria" Gimli said. Gandalf refused and there was a short bicker. "Why don't we let the ring bearer decide" Aelinaras said over all their voices. "Frodo" Aelinaras said to him. "We will take the mines" he said with an unsure face. "So be it" Gandalf murmured. Aelinaras looked at him with worry knowing what hid in the shadows under the earth the mountain stood on.

"How is your shoulder?" Aelinaras asked Frodo was the walked along the misty shadow of an aqueduct's ruins. " better than it was...but" he said clutching the ring on the chain around his neck."You feel its power growing, don't you? I've felt it too. You must be careful now. Evil will be drawn to you from outside the Fellowship. And, I fear, from within." she said he looked up at her with hopeless eyes. "Who then do I trust?" he asked looking up at her. Aelinaras looked ahead and sighed. ""You must trust yourself. Trust your own strengths." she said turning back to him giving a sisterly smile. "What do you mean?" he asked. “She means Frodo; there are many powers in this world, for Good or for Evil. Some are greater than I am. And against some I have not yet been tested." Gandalf said joining in the conversation. Frodo gave a small smile and looked up at the two and saw in his eyes a grandfather figure and a sister figure something he never really had. "The Walls of Moria!"Gimli said in awe so it seemed. Everyone in the Fellowship stood and look upon a vast cliff face. "Dwarf doors are invisible when closed."Gimli said pointing out the obvious. He knocked his axe against the rocks. The fellowship fallowed his lead and search along the wall for the door. "Yes, Gimli, their own masters cannot find them, if their secrets are forgotten." Gandalf said Aelinaras smiled in spite of herself. "Why doesn't that surprise me?" Legolas said this made her chuckle lightly. He smiled at her and they went on searching.

A foot splashed into shallow water Frodo gasped, pulling his leg back. There was a great pool that site beside the rock face. Gandalf approached the rock between two trees, and ran his hand gently over the cliff face. Aelinaras stared at the great pool, swearing in her mind that she saw something move. "Now let's see. Ithildin “Gandalf said under his breath, beneath his ran spidery silver lines, faint beneath the dirt.”It mirrors only starlight and moonlight." Gandalf said as he looked up at the Dark Indigo night sky, the moon appears. The silver lines grew bright, outlining a door formed of two columns beneath an arch, with a star in the center. "It reads 'The Doors of Durin Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter.'" Gandalf said this puzzled everyone even Gimli, merry spoke everyone’s thoughts. "What do you suppose that means?” "Oh, it's quite simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password, and the doors will open." Gandalf said before clearing his throat. "Annon Edhellen, edro hi ammen!/Gate of the Elves, open now for me!" . The doors remained closed. "Fennas Nogothrim, lasto beth lammen./Doorway of the Dwarf-folk, listen to the word of my tongue." Gandalf said again. Still nothing happened. “Nothing's happening." pippin said this made Aelinaras giggle again. Gandalf glanced at him at him, looking slightly annoyed. He began to push on the doors, but they remain fast. "I once knew every spell in all the tongues of Elves Men and Orcs." Gandalf said confused. "What are you going to do, then?" pippin asked Aelinaras couldn't help but let out a laugh. Gandalf turn to her and gave her a warning look. "Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will try to find the opening words." Gandalf said frustrated. Pippin looked down at his feet. Aelinaras placed a hand of his shoulder and silently mocked Gandalf until he laughed.

Time passes. The rest of the Fellowship had sat around the doors near the lake. "Ando Eldarinwa a lasta quettanya, Fenda Casarinwa/Gate of Elves listen to my word, Threshold of Dwarves" Gandalf tried for the millionth time. Aelinaras was now sitting by the water next to Sam, Aragorn, Bill the pony and Morgurth. "The Mines are no place for a pony, even one so brave as Bill." Aragorn said unhitching the pony's bridle. "You better go to Morgurth I’ll call for you if needed." Aelinaras said to her horse patting his neck before he galloped off. "Buh-bye Bill." Sam said sadly. "Go on, Bill, go on. Don't worry Sam, he knows the way home." Aragorn said as bill clopped his way through the night. Merry started to through stones into the water out of boredom, and pippin fallowed him. "Do not disturb the water" Aelinaras said calmly stopping them. Merry blushed seeing her hand has touching his. "Oh, it's useless!" Gandalf huffed sitting beside Frodo on a rock, dropping his staff and talking off his hat. Meanwhile Aelinaras called Aragorn and Boromir after seeing ripples in the water. “There’s something in there "Aelinaras said leaning over to tell them in a whisper so not to panic the others. They nodded and went for a closer look.