The Fellowship

No Man

Aelinaras blocked an attack from an Uruk-hai with a falling Orc’s pike, Haldir beneath her as she struggled to push the brut back. Her legs shook and buckled beneath her. “Haldir!” She called looking down at him, he was still unconscious. She managed to push back the Uruk-hai quickly stabbing it in its heart, “get up!” Aelinaras called down to Haldir nudging him gently with her foot. More Uruk-hai surrounded her. She gasped and took the defensive position, gathering flames around herself and Haldir. “Come one…” She muttered glancing down at Haldir and then glaring at the enemies before her. “Haldir…I need you now” Aelinaras called to him, breaching into his mind, Haldir’s eyes fluttered open and he groggily got up he touched his forehead where blood tickled down slightly. Seeing they were surrounded again Haldir grabbed his bow and began firing arrows in a circle. Aelinaras let down her fire wall and swung the pike at an Orc knocking him back into another orc. She sighed and quickly hugged Haldir “I’m sorry” He muttered as she let go “don’t be…I was useless last night…it was your turn” she said with a week smile. Her arm clutching her stomach Haldir’s eyes became fearful “are you?” he asked the she elf shook her head “no…I’m not hurt, the Methril protects me…something else must be wrong” She said Haldir shook his head “We need to get you back to the keep” He said Aelinaras picked up the pike and twirled it around she looked to the horizon “…there is no going back” She said her voice trailing off as loud horns blew, Not that of Rohan, but that of the Haradrim. Their Mumakil towering ominously over the battle field, they were setting in their ranks. The Mumakil’s tusks laces in spear ends and pike ends, held together by wired ropes. Spike lined the Great creature’s legs. The Haradrim their riders, painted for battle, ready with their bows and marvelously blood thirsty. Both of the elves hearts descended, Haldir whistled for his horse, as did Aelinaras. When they arrived the mounted them swiftly. “whatever happens…don’t leave my side” Haldir called calmly, Aelinaras’ eyes were fixed upon the great beasts, and fear shone brightly in them, she nodded. And the Mumakil started their marched the Rohirrim lined up reforming their ranks, however they were no match for the swinging tusks, and got thrown about. Haldir and Aelinaras weaved through the Mumakil’s legs aiming arrows at the large bellies. Aelinaras laced an arrow with fire and sent it into the riders harness shortly after the animal was set a ablaze.

Another one headed for the two elves swinging its tusks madly they managed to evade the beast but were separated from one another. “Aelinaras!” Haldir called looking around him while weaving through the tree stump like legs of the mumakil. “Haldir!” Aelinaras began to panic as she looked around, how did they get that far apart. Why couldn’t she see him? Her heart began to race, as the pain in her abdomen grew more intense. Morgurth snorted and stamped his hooves as an Uruk-hai drew near; wanting to keep safe his rider he reared back stomping down upon it. Aelinaras patted his robust neck with a smile “good boy” she said he whinnied affectionately before she steered him on in search for Haldir. Another Mumakil had her in its sites, its rider sneered at her from above. Aelinaras glared at the Haradrim and readied her bow, taking aim as it charged for her. It was to close, and swiftly flailed it’s trunk at her, Morgurth reared again knocking his rider from his back, Aelinaras hit the ground hard and her steed was sent flying across the field. “Morgurth!” She cried looking in disbelief, tears stung at her eyes as her eyes scanned through the chaos in search for where he may have fallen. However she could not find him. In her distraction, a sharp pain surged through her arm, an Orc had stabbed a pike through it, pinning her arm to the ground. She leered at him and kicked him away, tugging at the pike , she pulled it out of her arm, with a loud cry, she chucked it at him, and pulled out her swords. Her focus came back to her she had to find Haldir.

After wandering the battle field for some time, Aelinaras spotted Haldir’s horse, She ran to it and with great trouble pushed it to the side. “..n-no…no, no..no” She muttered shaking her head scooping Haldir into her arms. “come on…come on” she said said shaking him, yet there was no movement, “ I said get up!” she screamed shaing him more furiously. Her breath got caught in her throat as she looked around to make she no one was charging her. She lay him back down on the ground gently “Please” She whispered lowly placing her hand on the side of his face. She laid her other hand on his heart, and it began to glow, she recited an old evlish prayer to the Iluvitar. Yet nothing was happening, she leaded her forehead against his and her tears flew freely. Not being able to hold it in anymore a cry escaped her mouth, and it pierced into the sky and across the fields, mingled within the cry of a Fell Beast. Theoden turned around to face the Nazgul that was charging for him, The Fell Beat snatched the king’s horse within its mighty orifice, throwing horse and rider to the ground with immense force. “feast of his flesh” the Nazgul hissed to his pet, Theoden looked on in dismay, and awaited the end. Eowyn moved herself between the two, clad in a man’s armor. “I will kill you if you touch him!” Eowyn barked shield held high and sword ready. “do not come between the Nazgul and his prey” it hissed lowly, as the Fell beast went to attack Eowyn, she wasted no time, as the creature attacked she did so as well, with a fleeting swing of her sword she beheaded the beast. The witch king dismounted from its dying mount, he towered over Eowyn his un earthly height, however she stood fast. He swung his massive mace at her, Eowyn raised her shield yet it shattered under the attack, Eowyn fell back onto Theoden whom was pinned under the horse. The witch king spanned his arms out wide a weapon in each hand, and mocked her laughing.

Skully the Orc Captain waited down at the Anduin river impatiently, He knew the race of men was lazy, of it would only suit that those awful Pirates would be late to the battle. The black ships finally pulled to the shore. “Late as usual!” Skully barked “Pirates scum, there’s work to be doing!” he added, at closing inspection of the ships, they looked oddly empty, void of any movement or life. “Come on ya sea rats, get off your ships!” Skully snapped fed up with the pirates antics. One by one Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli leap out of the ships and made for the Orcs. Skully smirked and his company commenced to snicker and laugh at the piteous assault team “there are plenty for both of us! May the best dwarf win!” Gimli called out heartily as they advanced on the Orcs, while the Orcs continued with their laughter and host of green specters surrounded the three comrades, The Orcs looked on in fear as the Dead army made short work of them.The Witch King grabbed Eowyn by her gullet “You fool!” It said almost as if offended “No man may slay the lord of the Nazgul, die now!” He hissed. Eowyn looked at him with fear in her eyes has his raised his sword. She saw Aelianras’ face in her mind, and her words rang through her heart “when the last hope falls and what the future holds is not in sight, when kings cry, and best are slain, when the field is calm and you are unseen….. Then you will have your time" Aelinaras voice echoed softly within the shield maidens mind “go child!” She heard a frantic cry within her heart. Merry whom had been mildly wounded crawled from behind the witch king, he saw Eowyn I a daze and he knew it was up to him to help her, With what energy he had left he pierced the witch king knee. The Nazgul leader cried out in mild pain, Eowyn rose to her feet, the Witch King was now defenseless, with whipped her helmet from her head, and shimmering locks of gold cascades over her shoulders, She had revealed her true self, A proud Shield maiden of Rohan “I am no man!” she called proudly plunging her sword deep within the Witch Kings skull, the Nazgul disintegrated into a mound of ruined armor.

“Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen!” Legolas called as he shot down Orc after Orc. “twenty-nine!” Gimli called out triumphantly. “Legolas!” Aragorn called out, pointing to a charging Mumakil, Legolas paused and sized the creature up. He then leapt onto the beast, climbing up its harnesses with ease, shooting off enemies that rode on it as he went on. “thirty-three, thirty-four” He said keeping count, thinking quickly he cut the large saddles ropes sending all remaining riders plunging to the ground. Still the beast charged the field, Legolas ran to his large cranium, and began firing arrows into it. The hefty Mumakil cried out in pain before falling to the ground. As it did so, the elf prince elegantly slid down it’s long trunk, and landed in front of an dismayed Gimli, with a smirk. “it still only counts as one!” Gimli grumbled making Legolas smile more, However his smile soon faded when he saw an familiar horse laying mangled in the soil.

Legolas ran to it getting on his knees he rested his hands on the dead Equine “Morgurth” He muttered looking up at Gimli, the Dwarf had never in the span of this journey seen the Elf Prince so frightful. “Go Find her Laddie” Gimli said sternly, wasting no time Legolas hopped to his feet and began to scan through the battlefield. As he swerved around enemies and slaying any that he could not get around. He felt like he heart was going to burst, as it was beating so fast. His eyes franticly scanned the area. He knew he couldn’t miss her with that blazing red hair. “I will find you…I will find you” He thought trying to convince himself “just still be…” His thoughts trailed away. He spotted her, A mass of flames was swirling around the battle field, a burnt circle of grass going miles out around the fire, It was obvious that the fire had been much large before. Legolas ran to it, stepping over charred Orc bodies. “Aelinaras!” He called out over the roar of the towering flames. He could see her inside of them, hovered over something, no someone. “Aelinaras grant me safe passage!” Legolas called out again, he waiting a moment before stepping through the flames, they did not scorch him in the least. “He wrapped his arms around the she elf from behind drawing her to him, he held her tightly. She was shaking, crying as the tears hit his hands. Legolas looked down at what she had been hovering over. There lay Haldir, motionless, more so lifeless. “Aelinaras” Legolas spoke softly, she jerked towards his voice, and opened her eyes, Legolas drew in a breath, her brilliant eyes of green, where blank, not in color but void of spirit, life, movement, nothing reflected through them. The flames dissipated as he hugged her closer to him. She turned to look back at Haldir “w-what have I done” she muttered in coherently “you’ve done nothing…this is not your fault” He cooed, seeing her pain made the battle melt away, He wanted to hold her forever, embrace and love the pain and sorrow right out of her heart. He wanted to turn back time; He wanted to have never left her side. More than anything, He wanted to see her smile, that same smile that had inchanted him back in Rivendell at first they met. He held her tighter. “ Dina…Dina Melamin…Dina/ Be silent, be silent my love…be silent” Legolas whispered stroking her hair tenderly. Both seemed to be unaware of the battle around them, Legolas yelled out in pain as harsh reality came back, an Uruk-hai had pierced his shoulder with it’s pike, with sneered with a proud smirk. The Legolas’ cry Aelinaras’ eyes begain to burn with hate an intensidy of white hot fire. She drew her sword and tossed it, it perched itself in the Uruk-hai’s face, he clawed at the sword in great pain before fall dead. “Leave him be” she hissed standing to her feet, She held out her hand to Legolas. He took it and got to his feet as well. “ Im gelir ceni ad lin / I am glad to see you again” Aelinaras said she held a smile, but there was no joy in her voice, She went to turn and look at Haldir when Legolas quickly grabed her arm, he shook his head “ Avo acheno / Don’t look back” He said sorrowfully, Aelinaras searched his eyes “ Tolo hi / Come on” He added taking her hand tighter and running off back into what was left of the battle.