The Fellowship

For Frodo

Waves, upon waves or Orc and shield, pike and rode dispensed out of the Black Gate. Aelinaras’ heart nearly stopped beating, they were vastly outnumbered, and the men where unsettled, they knew they may not return. “Hold your Ground!” Aragorn called to his army “Hold your Ground!” He said again more so as a demand. "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me." Aragorn spoke with the eloquence of a king all eye where fixed upon him. "A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends” He said pausing, looking to Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Aelinaras, Merry, and Pippin. Whom he had grown to love dearly, He trusted them with his life, and he knew they felt the same, This group of odd companions who helped him grow, shape him into what they now gazed at in awe of “and break all bonds of fellowship” He continued “but it is not this day." He said sternly daring any man should flee or correct him. A light breeze kicked up the flags softly, and the dust of the ground began to shift, all was silent. Aelinaras’ heart beat rapidly in her chest. Aragorn paced his horse back and forth in front of his army’s ranks looking the men in the eyes with such fire and drive "An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day!” He cried loudly as the men’s hearts began to stir and a new found glory rose within them as Aragorn cried out across the remaining men of the west, and over the lands of Mordor. “This day we fight!" Aelinaras looked back at the approaching army and a small smirk appeared on her lips "By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" Aragorn called the soldiers let out a battle cry that shook the earth beneath them and raised their swords high in the air as Aragorn lead the charge.

However Aragorn did not lead them far as they soon found Sauron’s army had surrounded them from all sides. The Party dismounted, Legolas and Aelinaras dropped their bows, to use distance melee here was folly. Everyone’s eyes were engrossed on the masses of Orc. Aragorn friends stood at his side. Besieged by how outnumbered and outmatched they were Aelinaras stood closer to Legolas, taking him by the hand. He looked to her for a brief moment and gave her hand a gentle squeeze, rubbing it tenderly with his thumb. He was content, if this shall be his end, It would be at her side, and at the side of his friends, nay his brothers, and what an End that would be. Aelinaras’ eyes tore away from the orc army to the elf Prince, in her heart she felt feelings that she had suppressed, feelings that this war allotted no time for. Words that she had wished she had said, words she wish she could take back. The time for that had gone and passed long go, and she was determined to take in as much of him as she could, so that in her death his face would remain with her, to comfort her in whatever the end had near. "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf." Gimli muttered, Aelinaras barely moved her eyes away from Legolas as he smiled down at Gimli “What about side by side with a friend?" He questions the dwarf, she loved his smile, the memory of them, running and playing back at Edoras flooded into Aelinaras’ mind. She hadn’t notice that He was now beaming down at her as she was lost in thought. “That…that was my goal” He said, Aelinaras looked at him puzzled “a pure smile...a real smile” He said to her with pure joy in his eyes, Aelinaras smiled at him softly…”I’m glad I met you” she said even softer.

"Aragorn… Elessar…" The Great Eye hissed, this drew everyone attention back. Aragorn went into a slight trance, it was uncertain to his company what was going through his head, but in his mind he thought of the journey, how long it had been, how it could all end here. He thought of Arwen, he hoped she was still alive, he thought of how he longed to see her, to hold her, hear her voice. He thought of Frodo, praying to valor he was still alive, that he was near mount doom, that he could destroy the ring. He thought of Merry and Pippin how much they grew from pranksters into true men of honor. He thought of Gimli and Legolas how they had broken the barrier filled with hate and distrust between the races of Elves and dwarves. He thought of Gandalf, a wizard to be praise among all wizards. How he had Sheppard the group without a thought about himself, he had died and come back for them. He then thought of Aelinaras, her determination even when it was evident she was falling apart, he thought of her strength, the size of her heart, she had shown unfathomable love and loyalty with the Fellowship. He turned back to his companion and looked at them tenderly a smiled came across his kingly face, He was at peace “For Frodo” He said softly Turning back to the army waving his sword he charged yelling. Without a second thought Merry and Pippin took off together after Aragorn with a battle cry swords raised. Aelinaras laughed though her voice cracked in her tears, she had no fear, worry, or thought of the end. Her tears were not of sorrow or pain, but of completion this journey was coming to a long awaited end albeit better sweet. She leaning up and kissed Legolas on the cheek, grabbing his hand as she raised her sword, and with a loud cry of uncertain victory they ran into battle, followed by Gimli and Gandalf. Not long after Eomir and the rest of the army followed. They roared as they prepared to clash with the Orc army.

Aelinaras swung her swords madly at the on slot of Orcs, her movements where swift and she couldn’t bear in mind a time that she had fought better. She was surrounded by Merry and Pippin, whom were giving the Orcs quiet the time. They were doing well as a whole and their spirits where high. Suddenly various cries filled the air, sounds worse than any banshee could produce, it shocked the core of Aragorn’s comrades and troops the remaining Nazgul and a host of Fell Beast flew over the Black Gate their eyes set on Aragorn’s small army. “Great” Aelinaras said bitterly wishing she had not abandoned her bow and quiver so hastily. She reached for one of her daggers and chucked it with all her might at one of the Beasts, It cried out and crashed as the dagger struck its wing tearing a hole within it, Aelinaras smiled pleased but that smile faded as its rider dismounted and raised his sword to her. He went to strike her, but she parried, she returned with an attack of her own, but her attack was matched. As Gandalf gazed at the Fell Beasts in the air, a single moth flew past his sites; a smile crept onto the old man’s face. Piercing Hawk life cried dwarfed the screeching of the Fell Beast. A hoard of Giant Eagles covered the skies. With Swift and graceful movements they each attacked the Fell Beasts, the clash of both creatures hitting one another sounding like dull thunder. “The Eagles! The Eagles are coming!” Pippin said gazing at the sky with a grin.

Aragorn stopped in mid battle, as a shadow towered over him, turning around he saw the feet of a Troll, Looking up into its face it roared at him with its rank breath. Aragorn did not intend of backing down, Raising his sword he accepted the challenge. Legolas stopped in his tracks, Aragorn was thrown to the ground, the Troll went to swing at him, but Aragorn managed to hold him at bay with a spear. Legolas ran to him but was stopped by two challenging Orcs. Meanwhile Aelinaras was still in a heated battle with the Nazgul, He knocked her off her feet, piercing his sword threw her shoulder, she cried out in pain loudly as he plunged the sword back out laughing enigmatically. Eomir spotted Aelinaras on the ground “no!” He cried as the Nazgul raised his sword aiming for her neck, with all the speed he could muster he ran at the Nazgul, swiping it with his sword, He disoriented it, and tried to help Aelinaras to her feet. The she elf gasped and pushed Eomir behind her using her sword the block the Nazgul’s attack with some trouble she pushed him back, Eomir and Aelinaras continued to fight the Nazgul together. The Troll tossed Aragorn’s Spear to the side, and Stomped on him with his great foot, with glee, but not giving up Aragorn stabbed its foot with a dagger. Aelinaras was thrown back by the Nazgul, making Impact on a fallen Uruk-hai’s spiked and rock hard armor shattered her ribs. She cried out but no sound left her mouth only blood as the pain in her stomach became too much to bare. Her vision faded in and out as she coughed. The Nazgul was ready for its final blow. He raised his Sword high above Aelinaras’ chest. Eomir got to his feet, he had been knocked out, he saw the scene before him and raced to Aelinaras’ aid, But it was not fast enough the Nazgul brought down it sword, Aelinaras quickly stole the pike off the fall Uruk-hai and Plunged it deep into the Nazgul’s chest as He stabbed his sword into hers. She didn’t make a sound, her eyes clouded over as she watched the nazgul fall back onto the ground. Eomir dropped to his knees and scooped the She elf into his arms, crying in despair as he held her close, begging for help, even though it was in vain. As Eomir Cried out, Legolas had cried out for Aragorn, whom was trapped under the horrible weight of the Troll, all the While the Screech of the Great Eye, rang out over the lands.

Everything paused in its place, when the Scream of the Great Eye reached everyone’s ears, Sauron’s troops turned to look upon the Tower, a great cracking noise was heard, and the Orthanic troops began to flee. Aragorn got to his feet, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Merry and Pippin surrounding him. As they watched The Great Eye slowly crumble to the ground. “Look…look” Eomir said shaking Aelinaras whose eyes held no life in them, but she still had a shallow breath. He raised her up prospering her up against his body for her to watch the defeat of the great eye with him. “Look..Victory…we’ve achieved victory…” He said through tears, A small smirk flashed across Aelinaras face, the others rejoiced everyone cried out in victory, Aelinaras’ smirk slowly faded from her lips as her eyes clouded over even more, Mount Doom Erupted. The Original Fellowship looked on horrified. Aragorn falls to his knees in despair and the hobbits cry silently, what had become of Frodo & Sam…how could a hobbit stand a chance against such a great force? Aelinaras watched as the Mount raged on, her body fell limp and her eyes closed. Eomir held her tighter shaking her furiously calling out for her, but she didn’t move. Legolas heard the Rohirrim rider’s cry and turned around, His heart stopped as he made a mad dash to them, time seemed to slow down. Seeing him run it grabbed the attention of the others whom flocked to her side as well.