The Fellowship

Reunited, The Fellowship

Sunlight blazes through the windows of a small cozy room in the infirmary wing of Minas Tirith. Frodo stirred in his sleep, the brightness of the room aiding him in waking. Sitting up he smiled, looking into a pair of old wise eyes, eyes he’d not seen in many years, back in the dark of Moria. “Gandalf!” he gasped happily Gandalf laughed, there was no woe on the Hobbits face, just pure joy. Merry and Pippin entered the room pointing and grinning they broke out into a sprint with a leapt the jumped into Frodo’s bed hugging him “Frodo!” they called with glee. Gimli laughed as he stepped into the room, waving his arms in excitement and joy amused at the hobbits antics. “Gimli” Frodo giggled, Legolas Entered, and Frodo smiled, but the Elf Prince could not offer a decent one in return, he looked distracted. Frodo was unsettled by this, but it was fleeting as Aragorn entered the room Behind the Elf. “Aragorn!” Frodo called loudly, lastly entered Sam, tired and bruised but in good spirits. No words were said as the two friends looked on at one another, no words where needed, so no words could be said.

After Thee group had calmed down, Frodo noticed a few things, Legolas had slipped out of the room, and “where’s Aelinaras?” Frodo asked eyes searching everyone in the room. It fell silent. “Where is she?” Frodo asked again. Aragorn opened his mouth to speak yet no words came out. Frodo looked at his wrists the Bracelet was gone. “What?” He asked confused “it shattered mist Frodo…before the Eagles came…” Sam said quietly. Frodo threw the sheets off of him, and took off out the room, “mister Frodo!” Sam called following him. Frodo ran down the infirmary looking in all of the rooms. His heart beat like a stampede of horses. He slid to a halt as he came to a room, were Legolas sat in a chair his eyes hawking the figure in the bed, Around the bed stood Eowyn, Faramir, Eomir, and Elrond. Elrond was hover over the figure in the bed trying to heal them, Lady Galadriel was hovered opposite of Elrond and a frail looking elf with golden red hair stood silently in the corner her face pale she looked like she was going to be sick. Legolas spotted Frodo and stood up, going to him he led the hobbit to the bedside. Frodo looked down upon Aelinaras’ face, she looked like she was sleeping, even all of the color was in her face.

“What happened?” Frodo asked sorrowfully “She was pierced by the Nazgul’s blade” Elrond said, pulling back the covers to show her shoulder, Frodo touched his own shoulder. “It’s the same” Frodo thought “will she be alright?” Frodo asked looking up at Elrond. “The blade was plunged into her chest…It’s grazed her heart” He said. Frodo’s face twisted up in sorrow. Frodo grabbed Aelinaras’ hand “you can’t do this…If I made it through…so can you” He thought. Elrod Whispered something to the Golden red haired Elf & Galadriel, they waved over Eomir & Legolas before exiting the room. Frodo watched confused. “You kept me safe…” He muttered. Outside of the room Elrond looked serious. “ The child may not make it” He said after a long pause. “ch-child” The red hair Elf asked " Aranelenalata…your granddaughter, she was carrying a infant” Elrod said, the Red haired Elf Aranelenalata, froze. “What? When…by whom?” She asked softly. Legolas leered darkly at Eomir “It can’t be me…I would love an heir…but It’s not mine…the distance is two small” He said in panic under the Elf princes gaze. Galadriel smiled to herself knowingly. Faramir stepped out of the room. “I don’t desire to ease drop” He said timidly “but it’s my brother’s” He said, Lady Galadriel nodded “indeed it is” she said with a slightly sorrowful smile, Legolas looked lost as he gazed blankly at the group. “When? I’d never seen her leave with him” Legolas said blankly, Galadriel smiled “when doesn’t matter…it’s a miracle all its own” She said before frowning “that’s right…she was sure she couldn’t bear children” Eomir breathed. Aranelenalata nodded slowly, “I wouldn’t put much hope in the child…it is coming early..and will like not survive…and if it does…” Elrod said slowly. “then get rid of it” Legolas said sternly as if the answer was obvious “ if there is any chance that it will survive birth but take her life…” He added he knew he sounded cruel but he was not going to lose her. “We will first have to see if she makes it herself” Eomir muttered. Legolas left without a word into the Room.

Sitting at the head of Aelinaras bed Legolas ran his hands through her hair. “Pull through for me…I refused to leave your side…To whatever end… In your death, I will live out my days in the city of your gave, until my heart gives out” He said to her trying to connect with her “if you both survive…I will carry both of you..I know it’s not mine…and I know it would be hard…but” He continued Aelinaras’ eyes opened slowly, she gazed at the ceiling and tears spilled from her eyes. Her gaze went to Legolas, and he instantly understood. She was with him in the far green country, under a swift sunrise, and Legolas knew he could see it without her telling him. She was there cradle din his arms, with a smile to end all smiles, watching the sunrise, under the great tree. There her heart was happy, If broke the princes hear to see her tears, had he snatched her back into this world. Had she already gone? “Aelinaras?” Frodo called timidly. Aelinaras’ eyes wandered down to Frodo, whom looked immensely worried. “Frodo” she said softly touching his face. “I am glad you are ok” she said Frodo looked at her sadly “I wish I could say the same…” He said Aelinaras frowned…”you shouldn’t be up like this you need rest…I will talk to you latter..I promise” She said weekly Frodo nodded before leaving the room. Aelinaras’ gaze went back to Legolas. “ Boromir…he told me…that I” She started Legolas hushed her “yes Elrond…isn’t sure if it’ll make it…it’s on its way and it’s to early…” He said. Aelinaras sighed and tried to sit up. She looked out the window as her mind took her back……

: : Flash Back : :

Aelinaras awoke staring at a pale blue sky, the air was warm and there was a gentle breeze, she could see bright green leave reaching into the air. The leave swayed gently a river was trickling in the distance. A hand ran through her hair and sent chills through her body; she sat up onto her knees and turned to face whomever she was laying on. She found her words where gone, and tears filled her eyes. “They said that Elves had the deepest love out of all the races…I don’t think I ever believed that…until I met you” Boromir said softly as he moved closer to her, he whipped away her tears , She warped her arms around his shoulders are he brought her closer to him. “shhh” He said in a whisper holding her tighter. He had missed her, and had waited for the day he’d hold her again. Aelinaras hid her head in his neck gripping desperately at his cloths as if that if she let go he would disappear. “I longed for you so much…and I am so tired” She muttered into him. He had no words to offer her, as he knew her time there was short. He’d not the heart to tell her, she’d be leaving soon. “Aelinaras…” He said pulling away, he looked her in her eyes, and she smiled at him tenderly “you’ve been having pains…in your belly lately” He said slowly almost cautiously Aelinaras nodded “do you know why?” he asked “why…… what’s wrong with me?” She asked Boromir laughed heartily at the looked on her face and then smiled “you’re becoming a mother…” He said his eyes were low as he looked at her adoringly. “m-mother?” she asked Boromir nodded “ I only wish…I had lived so see my air…to see my son” He said his voice was taken over by a sudden sadness. Aelinaras frowned “no…no are you telling me I can’t stay here…” She said her voice breaking down. His heart broke, “we will meet again…I promise you this” Boromir said gently, he cupped her face in his hands, and kissed her dotingly, as they pulled apart the scene began to fade. “but until that time comes…I know he will take care of you for me…yet remember” He said as all she could see was white light “remember… your heart is…mine” His voice was breaking up into fragments as a new scene came into view………

:: End Of Flash Back ::

“It’s a boy…” Aelinaras said looking into Legolas’ eyes, He smiled with some trouble “is that so…” He said. Not able to look her in the eyes. Aelinaras sat up more her back against the head board. “What, about you, are you ok?” she asked Legolas gave a small smile at her, patting her hand tenderly before leaving the room. “I guess…that’s a no” She muttered before returning her gaze out of the window. Legolas walked to the courtyard and stood infront of the White tree which now had many blooms on it. He sighed deeply “something troubling you myfriend..” Aragorn asked stepping out from the citadel Legolas frowned “Aelianras…she is carring Boromir’s child…” He said trying to sound happy for her Aragorn nodded knowningly “ You love her” He stated more than asked, Legolas nodded his head stiffly “with all my heart” he thought. “then that child..is yours…But only if, She is yours…have you told her? You should know better than I, Elf women are stubborn creatures…they won’t grant you love unless they know it is fully returned, after all in her mind, what would a Prince, want with a women whom cannot bare children.” Aragorn stated standing next to his friend. “I wouldn’t bat an eye if I never had an heir…all I want, all I would be content with…is her” Legolas said picking a flower from the tree. “ So you know what you must do?” Aragorn asked turning to face him. Legolas smirked “yes..yes I know exactly what I must do” He said more to himself before heading back into the castle.

Aelinaras had stayed in Minas Tirith until she was well enough to fare well on her own. Frodo refused to leave the city as well, not only because he had healing to do himself, but because he refused to miss the birth of the child her deemed himself Uncle of. And as one knows every well if one of the hobbits stays they all do. Gimli also stayed in the city, partly because with Moria gone half of his family was gone there wasn’t much of a home to return to just yet, and He secretly wanted to be there for the birth of the baby. Legolas had left back to Mirkwood, to his father and the few elves that still stayed there in. Aelinaras had to admit she was uneasy about him leaving, as she pondered on it she realized she didn’t know much about his life back there. Had he had someone loved, any children. She didn’t know and imbedded in her heart was a sinking feeling, what if he did have someone special he had to return to. Her thoughts where pushed away as Eowyn came skipping into the room, “Only 3 more months Milady” she said with excitement Aelinaras laughed. “I’m the mother why are you so happy?” She asked the shield maiden. Eowyn popped down on the bed Aelinaras rested in. “because, Faramir’s and Uncle…which makes me an aunt…I’m just hoping I get to spend time with the baby” She said with a sheepish grin. Aelinaras’ smile faded at her words “Eowyn…when the baby’s born..if it’s stable..” Aelinaras started “and if I make it through…I’m leaving on the grey ships… with my son” She added Eowyn frowned “you’re leaving us” She said lowly. “this world isn’t ment for elves anymore…our time where is over” the she elf said trying to offer up a small smile. “the race of men must now Lead Middle Earth into a new age.” She added. “….what will you name the baby?” Eowyn asked trying to change the subject. Aelinaras paused “that’s…and really good questions” she said laughing. “I suppose.” She started but trailed off as Haldir’s face popped into her mind “ Haldir……”She said fondly “that will be his name” Aelinaras said Eowyn nodded and smiled.