The Fellowship

The White City, The Lords of Gondor

Aelinaras was Ushered into a private room, where elf maidens dressed her in a flowing gown of deep forest green and gold, beaded in ivory, wrapped in silk. They adorned her in a golden head peace and a white lily, before ushering her out to the Hall of the King. Outside of the Hall awaited Legolas in pale greens and white, seeing him in his Princely cloths was an odd site indeed. Aelinaras tried her best not to laugh. “You look beautiful” He said taking her hand and guiding her into the hall. A song was being sung by a choir of Elves as many others gathered in groups talking amongst one another. Ahead sat a king on a tall throne He had long golden hair that shimmered with a natural glow, His eyes grey as the clouds above the misty mountains peeks, He looked perfectly ageless and his fair skin was nearly pallid as snow but had a golden glow like that of the sunset. Without realizing she had done so, Aelinaras bowed slightly to the King of the Woodland realm. Legolas smiled down at her, and beamed up at his father, before bowing slightly himself. Thranduil smiled down at his son and Aelinaras from under his crown of flower “My son, You have picked a handsome & magnificent bride, Let valor shine down upon your meeting and the future you will hold here in the woodland realm” Thranduil said raising to his feet, he tapped his goblet with a silver spoon, the sound rang throughout the hall. The elves within the hall stopped their chatter and all eyes went to the King. “My Son, Legolas, Heir to the Woodland Throne, Child of Mirkwood, Hath chosen his bride.” Thranduil called out with a jolly look fixed upon his face, He held out his hand to Legolas. Legolas took Aelinaras by the hand and then took his father’s as they were brought to the top of the throne. “May he be blessed and live in prosperous glory through his life, Hail! To the Prince, Hail to the Bride! And Rejoice!” Thranduil called out taking both Aelinaras’ and Legolas’ hands that were holding each other and raining them into the air. The Elves in the hall cheered loudly and festive music began to play, everyone joined in the merriment. The Eleven wedding ceremony was short…but grand; the elves danced, drank, and feasted the night away, a Party to rival that of the Shire.

All of the Remaining Fellowship gathered at the peak of Minas Tirith, A monstrous crowd had gather in the courtyard of the white tree; it had been two years since the final battle. The White Tree was in full bloom and had grown into its former glory. Gandalf places a crown of brilliant silver atop Aragorn’s head. Even without the crown He looked like a true king, he had aged gracefully with accordance to his Dunedain blood. He had begun to grey in the form of dark silver strands of hair, His eyes had gotten wiser and he had let his bread grow longer. "Now come the days of the king. May they be blessed." Gandalf called proudly over the crowed Aragorn turned to the crowd with a content smile on his face. "This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world… that we may share in the days of peace." Aragorn said to the crowd whom looked to him is great reverence as they applauded. Eowyn and Faramir glanced at each other loving in the crowd, smiling to themselves as they knew of the surprise that awaited Aragorn ahead. "Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta. /Out of the Great Sea to Middle-Earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.” Aragorn sange slowly and almost hauntingly in a good way, Eowyn and Faramir greeted him with a bow, Eomir in turn did the same, Legolas & Aelinaras stood in front of him with a small host of Elves behind them. In the middle of Aelinaras and Legolas was a two year old Haldir the II whom gazed up at Aragorn with eyes of wonder, while holding onto both of the elves hands. Aragorn smiled down at the Child adoringly, His chocolate brown curly hair had already grown down his back, and his green eyes shimmered. Aragorn Placed a hand on each of the elves shoulders “Hannon le./ Thank you” He said softly Aelinaras and Legolas smirked at each other and then at Aragorn before stepping to the side, the Elves behind them followed suit revealing Elrond holding a glowing Arwen’s hand. Aragorn gazed at her in shock, as tears stung at his eyes. She was Alive, Aragorn looked at her in utter amazement and wonder, Arwen blushed slightly as Elrond ushered her to him. Aragorn touched her face gently, Arwen looked down shyly almost as if she felt unworthy, and Aragorn tilted her face up and brought her into a kiss. Aelinaras smiled but she couldn’t help the jealousy in her heart, Arwen’s long last dream had come true, she was with the one her heart was made for, and could live out her days in peace and love. Legolas saw the she elf’s smile falter and grasped her hand. He looked to the side as the Reunited couple passed. Legolas knew what Aelinaras was thinking; even his own heart ached for her, as he led her behind the King and Queen. They halted in front of the Hobbits, Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin, bowed to Aragorn slightly, Aragorn looked shocked and humbled. "My friends! You bow to no one." He said at a loss for words, before bowing on his knees with Arwen, Legolas and Aelinaras followed and soon the whole crowd did. Frodo’s eyes well up with tears and his face flushed, the hobbits stood amazed, Aelinaras lifted her head a bit and Smiled at the Hobbits “My lords…You’ve saved Middle Earth…you’ve saved us all, smile…rejoice!” She said with a light hearted laugh, Haldir II took off running towards the hobbits tackling pippin’s legs laughing and babbling. At this the Hobbits laughed.

So It was written, The Fourth Age of Middle Earth had begun and thought they were eternally bound together by friendship, blood and love, The Fellowship of the Ring, had ended. It had been 4 years and 10 months to the day, since the Council of Elrond, Aelinaras found herself back In Lorien. She sat in the company of Lady Galadriel, Lord Celeborn entered the room holding the hand of an elf boy, he looked to be around 3 or 4 in Mortal years. He had long platinum hiar almost white, and bright baby blue eyes, a perfect square face, At the site of Aelinaras he ran to her, hiding his face in her stomach as he cried. “Goheno nin / Forgive me” Aelinaras said embracing the child tightly as he cried, Megildur held her tighter, “I could not save him.” Aelinaras added. Megildur wrapped his little arms around her neck as the she elf scooped him up into her arms. “His mother has abandoned him and has left on the white ships.” Celeborn said, Aelinaras held the child gently swaying trying to calm him. “Then I shall be his mother…Haldir was my best friend…it’s the last thing I will be able to do for him.” She said, Megildur looked up at her sniffling and she smiled. “it’s going to be alright” She said softly he smiled as she sat him down, He instinctively took Haldir II’s hand “how’d you like to go on one last adventure?” lady Galadriel said with a mischievous smile, the children grinned at her.

Meanwhile Legolas was in Mirkwood, preparing to tell his father that she shall not be returning to these lands ever again. The words lady Galadriel had spoken to him the day of Aragorn Ceramony rang through his head. "Legolas Greenleaf, long under tree, In joy thou hast lived. Beware of the Sea! If thou hearest the cry of the gull on the shore, Thy heart shall then rest in the forest no more." These words haunted him, but he still knew what he must do, he knew what fate waited for him beyond these docks, on white shores. But he was ready, for his love for Aelinaras was more powerful than the natural will to live and go on. It was His life for hers and he was going to see this final task through to the end. At the Grey Havens He held onto Haldir II tightly he had to admit he had grown to love this child as his own. Aelinaras trying to keep hold of an eager Megildur, whom kept trying to board the ships. Legolas chuckled silently shaking his head as she tried to calm the excited child, who kept pointing at the ship. A Chariot driven by Gandalf approached the docks, with them there was Frodo, Merry, Pippin, Sam, and Old Bilbo whom Aelinaras had heard many tales about. The hobbits look in amazement at the grey glistening sea, it looked like the gateway to heaven under the sunset. "Oh! Here is a sight that I have never seen before." Old Bilbo called out gleefully, Aelinaras giggled at the old Hobbit whom smiled at her and bowed slightly “I know an Elf Queen when I see one” he said, She laughed “why I’m flattered but I’m not quite a queen” she said with a graceful smile “ah but royalty of some sort milady” He said "The power of the three rings is ended. The time has come for the Dominion of Men." Galadriel spoke with a warm and welcoming smile at Lord Celeborn’s side. "I Aear can vên na mar / The sea calls us home." Elrond said to Bilbo Fondly "I think I'm quite ready for another adventure!" The Old Hobbit laughed walking to the Elf lords with a new found pep in his step. Elrond helped Bilbo into the ship while getting in himself. Galadriel smiled at Frodo with great excitement herself before joining the two in the ship, her husband followed shortly after. Legolas rubbed Aelinaras’ arm tenderly before taking Megildur from her arms and boarding the ship with Haldir II. Aelinaras and Gandalf turned to the hobbits, he leaned on his staff as if tired, and he was everyone boarding the ship was.

"Farewell… my brave hobbits. My work is now finished." He sighed contently, the hobbits wept at the sound of these words; they had never expected the day that they should have to bid farewell to Gandalf. "Here at last, on the shores of the sea, comes the end of our Fellowship." Gandalf added, Merry turned to Aelinaras “you too?” he asked lowly Aelinaras nodded slowly and gave a sad smile. “We will always be a part of all of you, out fellowship though it has ended it is not broken…it shall never be broken.” She said fighting the tears in her own eyes watching the hobbits weep. Frodo had a distant glaze over his eyes as he watched the sea. "I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil." Gandalf said with a hopeful and compassionate look before heading towards the ship, He stopped at the docks edge "It is time, Frodo." He said with a smile, the hobbits looked from Gandalf to Frodo is uncertainty, had he meant it. Was Frodo to leave? "What does he mean?" Sam said urgently turning to Frodo, whom’s eyes looked like those of one who should have been much elder and wiser. "We set out to save the Shire, Sam. And it has been saved. But not for me." Frodo spoke his voice was weary and his eyes fluttered in rapid blinks as he fought tears, "You don't mean that! You can't leave!" Sam cried out, tears streaming down his face tears began to slip from Aelinaras’ eyes as the separation of the two friends. Frodo placed a large crimson book into Sam’s hands, Sam looked at it bewildered. "The last pages are for you, Sam." Frodo said before turning to his cousins, He embraced them tightly as they cried on him, he had no more tears to shed, not because he did not love them dearly, no, Because he knew in his heart, they would be fine, they had their own stories to live out and new journeys to take. He stopped again at Sam and kissed his forehead tenderly as he wept. Aelinaras and Gandalf led Frodo to the ship, Frodo gave a small smile and looked up at the two and saw in his eyes a grandfather figure and a sister figure something he never really known until his journey, and now Something He would never forget, He had brothers, from the Shire to the great Kingdom of Gondor, once an orphan, how he had more of a family than he could ever dream of. Finally at peace, He turned and gave a farewell smile to his friends, whom he had know all his life, it was a bitter sweet sorrow. The Hobbits looked on as the Ship set sale way from the Grey Havens, and away from Middle Earth.

White Shores, as far as the eye can see, beautiful large stones lined the shore, with great green oak trees. Beyond the tree’s lay green Meadows, They had sailed for many days and nights, the sun had begun to rise, as they sky turned pale with early light a large tree could be seen in the distance “I know this place” Aelinaras whispered in awe as she gazed at the Great Tree, holding onto Haldir II and Megildur’s hands. Galadriel stood at her side her eyes fixed on the horizon. “I warned you…if you did not heed my warning there would be great grief in your future” She muttered softly before always away with a mysterious smile painted on her face. Legolas stood behind the she elf, his eyes where hollow as he gazed at her. A rider dress in white robes came galloping over the horizon his horse was pure white and its mane flowed like a blanket of silver as the sun was still just barely peeking over the horizon. He stopped in front of Aelinaras, Megildur broke free from her grasp and ran to him, hugging him tightly tears streaming down his face. The rider’s hood fell back revealing his face. “Haldir” Aelinaras breathed her voice was taken from her and a lump formed within her throat. He smiled at her adoringly. “Aelinaras” He called holding his hand out to her, As she grabbed his hand she was brought into an embrace. She cried silently. He pulled away, taking his son’s hand he placed it back within hers “you keep close watch on this one for me” He told him, the little child nodded with wise eyes, he understood. Aelinaras looked at him in wonder the sun rose higher into the sky, a pale light covered the area. Another Figure was nearing the Group, he had no mount nor was he armed; he bore no armor just a black hooded cloak and resting attire. He gait was smooth and powerful as he crossed the field, she knew that gait, that flow, and more than anything she felt his heart. Aelinaras was drawn to the figure like a moth to flame, her walk turned to a jog, her jog to a sprint, and her spring to a flight as she ran across the remaining distance, he man removed his hood as she leapt into his arms. Strong unyielding arms wrapped around her small frame, she took in his sent and the feel of his body. “Aelinaras” Boromir said softly, She cried into him, in unstoppable rivers of joy and pain. He held her tighter, closer. Looking down over his broad shoulders she saw a smaller figure a little boy with deep brown eyes and straight red locks, he had a slightly freckled face and sun kissed skin. “Carandol” Boromir said setting Aelinaras down, the little boy new his mother and ran into her arms, Legolas and Haldir brought Megildur and Haldir II to Boromir and Aelinaras. “These are your brothers…” She said softly gathering the boys together, they smiled at each other. Legolas, Haldir, Elrond, Galadriel and Celeborn circled the family. “Let this be the last act of the elves” Galadriel stated with a smile, as the sun rose up height unto the sky so Galadriel raised her hand and a light emitted from it. Under the suns great light all turned white.

Aelinaras could hear the sounds of children playing, and the sway of trees, Her eyes opened to meet a pair of soft brown ones, Boromir stroked her face, “what…a dream?” she asked “no” he whispered kissing her lips lightly She pulled away and sat up, a heavy feeling sat in her heart, somewhere deep within her she knew she’d never see either of them again… yet their faces lingered in her mind, Boromir whipped away tears that strayed down her face. “do not morn..they did it in peace…and out of love, for you” Boromir spoke softly. A rule of the Iluvitar, Hold love above all else…they were granted life, by the giving of eternal life. Arwen and Aragorn stepped into the room as Boromir and Aelinaras got out of the bed they were placed in. “my father foretold me of the plan that was set forth by Legolas…” She said with a sad smile Aragorn and Boromir Embraced one another, Aragorn did so tearfully, remember the horrible battle in the forests of the Anduin River. Both she elves smiled at them, “come more await your arrival” She said holding the door open for them. Outside in Rivendell’s courtyard, Haldir II, Megildur, and Carandol ran around chasing Faramir in the courtyard with fake swords, while Eowyn laughed in amusement. This made Aelinaras remember at the start of their journey when Boromir played with Merry and Pippin in a mock sword fight, and she smiled. Aelinaras waved swiftly at Eowyn whom took off in a sprint to her, she threw herself at the she elf in a great hug. Between these two sisters there wasn’t words to be had. Faramir gaze went to the two women, and drifted over; he dropped his fake sword and drew in a sharp breath. “Brother” Boromir said with a small smile, the two men went to each other slowly and gazed. It was as if seeing a ghost, a specter from beyond, but no this was all too real, the brother embraced, Faramir could not hold his tears and so they flowed.

The Gates of Minas Tirith where just in the distance, Faramir, Boromir, and Aragorn King, shared horses with the women whom would hold their hearts forever, Arwen, Aelinaras, Eowyn. Couples bounded by love and entwined fates. Each with one of Aelinaras’ children riding with them Horns bellowed loudly over the lands of Gondor as they neared the gate and great cries came forth from the white city. The White Tower of Ecthelion was glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver. Its banners caught high in the morning breeze as the Silver trumpets sounded off from the city, The tower guards called loudly as the gates swung open “ The Lords of Gondor have Returned! Behold! The Lords of Gondor have returned!” Boromir sighed as he entered the city in content, he dismounted and looked in the eyes in his bride to be, his promised bride, whom held his heart and kept him with her always. Who kept safe his dream, his city, and his family, to the end. He drew her closer and under the falling pettles that shed from the White tree, kissed her under the glorious light of the white city. Memories flooded through my minds of their Journey, they pulled away and looked at their three beautiful Boys, Aelinaras smiled a Pure smile the one Legolas had so long for, turning her eyes to the sky she smiled “ thank you” she whispered a single tear strolling down her face, Boromir whipped it away and Picked up Haldir II and Carandol into his arms, as Aelinaras did Megildur, and together, with the King and Queen of Gondor, Faramir and Eowyn, the walked up the stars to the Throne room. With blessed hope and renewal for the coming for the Forth Age, The War of the Ring was over, The Lords of Gondor Hath Returned.