The Fellowship

The Fall of Gandalf The Grey

The Fellowship ran out the chamber into a hall of pillars. The Fellowship was strongly sought after by an army of Orcs. Other Orcs sprung out from the floor like cockroaches, while others crawled down from the pillars like Spiders surrounding the fellowship who had their weapons drawn in a circle. Aelinaras grunted in pain as she set Frodo down. He looked up at her in worry as she clutched her stomach. The gash was well hidden by her cloak which she had pulled closed. Yet when his eyes went to her arm he could see blood seeping thru. The Orcs snarled and leered. Gimli let out a yell for what reason they didn't know, maybe he was trying to be louder than they were, and maybe he was trying to frighten them. A fiery light appeared at the end of a hall followed by a thunderous rumble that shook the pillars. The Orcs fled in all directions. "No" Aelinaras breathed looking down the hall. Gimli laughed thinking he had scared off the Orcs. The Fellowship was left alone. The weary wizard stared down the hall. Aelinaras looked up at him and sighed. " I can't help him fight that thing off like this, he is skilled but even so...he is old, and won't live through fighting that thing on his own...he knows it" she thought, Gandalf smiled weakly at her. Aelinaras gave him a guilty smile in return. "What is this new devilry?" Boromir asked eyes not leaving the light. Gandalf didn't respond for a moment. He closed his eyes, concentrating. The rumble is heard again this time louder some rocks fell from the ceiling. Aelinaras stood straight ignoring the pain she was in. "A Balrog a demon of the ancient world." she said gazing hard at the glow from the monster. Gandalf opened his eyes as the thing growled still hidden around a corner of the vast hall, throwing fiery light on the pillars. Legolas’ eyes were bright with fear. Aelinaras faked a stumble brushing lightly against him from the side in an attempt to calm him, odd method yes but it worked all the same. He slimed down at her. "This foe is beyond any of you Run!" Gandalf called as the fellowship ran for it. "Hey old man I resent that!" Aelinaras called. Gandalf smiled. "I didn't mean you child"

The Fellowship ran to a small doorway Gandalf shepherded them through. "Quickly!" he called taking a glance back before fallowing. The Fellowship entered a passageway and hurried at a frantic pace down a flight of steps, Aelinaras saw that a segment was missing but her ankle gave way she could not stop herself she was going to fall, but Boromir quickly wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her back to him. Aelinaras' eyes were wide. "i-i almost fell" she thought. Boromir’s heart was racing, beating at such a rate Aelinaras could almost feel it beating. He was breathing fast and heavy had he been scared for her? Aelinaras turned around in his grip and gave him a soft quick kiss on the cheek. "thank you gondorian" she said softly before breaking free of him and running to the rest. Boromir touched his cheek and brought his hand to his face staring at it for a while before running back as well. "Gandalf!" Aragorn called seeing him lag behind a little. "Lead them on, Aragorn! The bridge is near!" he said pointing. They looked across a wide space to a long bridge that spanned the gap between a hall and a cliff face. Away behind them, the Balrog roared again. Aragorn moved towards Gandalf, but Gandalf pushed Aragorn roughly away. "Do as I say!" Gandalf yelled. Aelinaras walked up and gave Gandalf some energy back knowing what he intended to do. Hurt and confusion swept over Aragorn's face. "Swords are no more use here!" Gandalf added. The Balrog roared again. The Fellowship descended a flight of large cracked stairs. They came to a large gap in the stairs Aelinaras face fell. "I can't make that with this ankle" she said the bone was now out of place again from running. "I can" Legolas said picking her up swiftly bridal style before leaping over the gap, landing safely on the other side.

The Balrog rumbled yet again. The foundation splintered and crumbled, sending huge rocks tumbling into the depths. "Gandalf" Legolas called to the wizard, urging him to jump. Gandalf leaped over the gap the two making it safely. Arrows whistled into the air from a far ledge, striking the stone steps. Legolas shot back his arrow raised through the air and pierced the skull of an Orc. The Orc tumbled down from his ledge. " Lhach (lahkh)En (ehn)Harad (hah-rahd)!/ Flame of the south!" Aelinaras chanted a light orange glow was put around the hobbits. "wha!" pippin cried. "It’s a shield do not fear" Aelinaras cooed. "Merry! Pippin!" Boromir called taking the two of them and leaping over the gap. An exchange of arrows followed from the stairs to the ledge. "Sam" Aragon called tossing him across the gap, to be caught by Boromir. He reached to pick up Gimli but he stopped him. "Nobody tosses a dwarf." he said holding a hand up. He leaped forward but nearly fell back into the chasm. Legolas grabbed his beard and pulled him up before he fell. "Not the beard!" he cried making Aelinaras laugh. Some of the stone steps crumbled and fell. Aragorn pushed Frodo to safety. They climb to their feet and looked at the now widened gap that separated them from the rest of the Fellowship. "Steady. Hold on!" Aragorn told fordo. The Balrog cloud be heard approaching from the other hall. Stone structures around the mine collapsed as it drew near. A huge rock fell from the aged ceiling smashing through the steps behind Aragorn and Frodo. Panic began to rise, as this created another gap behind them. The stairs began to wobble and shake. "Hang on! Lean forward!" Aragorn called after a few minutes of wobbling. "Come on!" Legolas egged on as they leaned forward so did the stairs, faster, and faster still it lend forward hitting the other side it sent Aragorn and Frodo flying, Aelinaras caught him while Legolas caught Aragorn.

Around a great pillar in a fiery hall came Gandalf, leading the Fellowship. A wall of flame whirled behind them. "Over the bridge! Fly!" Gandalf called the Fellowship fled however Gandalf did not follow, but turned, looking into the wall of fire. "Good luck my old friend" Aelinaras said before fallowing after them. A great form of black shadow leaped through the flames, its eyes were of white hot fire, it had a great bull head with long ash-black horns curling around his massive head. It opened its large mouth, rippling heat pouring out with a rumble. Gandalf turned, running after the Fellowship. A great, black, cloven foot stomped down into the hall, it burst into flames. A narrow bridge of old crumpling stone appeared in the fiery light and the Fellowship crossed the bridge. Gandalf turned to face the Balrog. "You cannot pass!" Gandalf called to the creature not a trace of fear graced his face. "Gandalf!" Frodo cried turning to watch. "I am the servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor" Gandalf yelled holding his staff in the air. "The dark fire will not avail you! Flame of Udn!"

He called. The Balrog, enraged, struck down on Gandalf, but the wizard parried the blow with his blade, thus shattered the Monsters sword. Glowing embers ran off the circle of light around the wizard. The monster bellowed at him. Frodo gasped. Aragorn ran forward. Both only to be held back by Aelinaras who had her head turned avoiding their gaze. "Go back to the Shadow!" Gandalf said with clenched teeth. The Balrog stepped onto the bridge wielding a rope of flame. Gandalf raised his sword and staff together into the air yelling out to the demon "You shall not pass!” Gandalf drove his staff into the bridge, causing a bright flash of blue light to appear. Flaring its nostrils, the Balrog stepped forward onto the bridge, it was arrogant. The bridge collapsed as it moved to the wizard breaking before his staff. The demon plunged backward into the chasm, still wielding its glowing whip. Gandalf, exhausted, leaned on his staff and watched the Balrog fall, before going back to the fellowship. Aelinaras smiled, as did the others but it was quickly vanished from their faces as the fiery whip lashed out of the chasm and griped the wizards legs dragging him off the edge but Gandalf held on. Frodo rushed forward but Boromir stopped him. Aelinaras on the other hand was free to run. She held out her hand for Gandalf. He just looked at it. "No, no!"

Boromir called to Frodo as he called out for him. Gandalf looked into Aelinaras' eyes then to Frodo’s. "Fly, you fools!" he called weakly before letting go. "No!" Frodo cried. Aelinaras lunched feather over the edge hoping to grab him he had falling to fast. “Gandalf!" she yelled her hand reaching out for him in vain, as tear stung her eyes. Boromir grabbed hold of Frodo and headed to leave up a flight of stairs. "Aragorn!" he called Aragorn ran forward was took Aelinaras by the hood of her cloak and pulled the shocked she elf up the stairs. Frodo’s cries rang through the halls as the group made their escape, cries that had echoed down into the deep.

The Fellowship was now out of Moria. Boromir tried to restrain Gimli as the Dwarf vents out his rage and sorrow. Merry consoled Pippin, who lie crying, while also trying to figure out what had just happened. Legolas boar a look of shock and disbelief what had just took place before his Immortal elf eyes truly puzzled him. Sam sat on the ground wring his head in his hand as he wept. Aelinaras was sat at the cave exit holding her wound and tears made clean streaks on her dirt ridden face. She looked over and saw Frodo, who looked so lost. Getting up painfully she walked over to him. Seeing that the light in front of him was cast in shadow Frodo looked up at her. Tears were held at the front of his eyes but would not flow free. He let out a soft cry and buried his head in her stomach and cried. Aelinaras winced but pated his head and comforted him. He gasped as he felt the blood from her gash. "Don’t fret tis' not mine" she lied. He nodded but didn't believe her.

Aragorn Wiped his sword clean, and sheathed it before turning to the fellowship. "Legolas get them up!" he called Aelinaras looked at him in distaste. "Give them a moment, for pity's sake!" Boromir called out seeing the look on her face, and the faces of the Company. Frodo still had his face buried in Aelinaras’ stomach. "By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orcs! We must reach the woods of Lothlorien. Come, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, get them up." He lashed out venting the pain he was felling in a short burst of anger. "Watch your tone ranger!" Aelinaras shot back telepathically, sending him a light glare. He flashed her an apologetic look. "On your feet Sam. Frodo? Frodo!" he called not seeing him behind Aelinaras for her back toward over him. Aelinaras turned around so Aragorn could see he was okay, well physically speaking. Chortling, icy blue water gurgled across the dale. Aragorn ran up onto a large grounded boulder. Framed against a deep blue sky, that had now been painted with a Golden hue of the sunset and the pinks and orange glow of the clouds, Lies past the mountains the green gold woods beyond, Aelinaras gazed as her heart was lifted. "home" she thought to herself sighing at the sight before her, even in the great loss beauty still offered a glimmer of hope, though harsh reality was brought back has a searing pain shot from the She elf's ankle to her hip and from her stomach to her heart. Gasping she couldn't tell which to be more worried about. Legolas looked to her with a tilted brow, she ignored him.