The Fellowship

The Golden Woods, Boromir's Heart

The Fellowship jogged across a Lush grassy field, Aelinaras stop for in the distance she could see Morgurth galloping to her. "Good boy" she praised him patting his long face, and mounting him. The fellowship halted under the leaves of a forest of tall aged trees. Boromir had taken The Horse reigns to lead it threw the forest, and Legolas walked at its side glancing at Aelinaras every few seconds, he knew she was hiding more than an injury for she had become quit uneasy. "Stay close, young Hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods, an Elf-witch, of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell" Gimli told the hobbits, Aelinaras growled at his disrespect for Lady Galadriel. "And to think I had almost forgotten why we elves didn't get along so well with the dwarves" Aelinaras though to Legolas he chuckled and nodded. "Frodo." Galadriel called. The young hobbit looked around startled. "And are never seen again." Gimli finished. "You’re coming to us" Galadriel called again this time fordo halted in his tracks a pair of piercing green eyes flashed through his mind. "Is as the footsteps of doom. You bring great evil here, Ring-bearer!" The lady of the wood hissed. "Milady forgive me but we have been threw much, he more so be less harsh on him!" Aelinaras thought over to her. This took much of what little energy she had left. "Mister Frodo?" Sam questions seeing Frodo’s spooked expression. "Well, here is one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!" Gimli ranted on Aelinaras rolled her eyes. "Aye. He is a dear friend but that does not mean he may not break my nerves" Aelinaras thought to herself. A notched arrow appeared before the dwarfs face. "Oh" he breathed looking at the arrows point. Soon after many more arrows were notched and ready to fire around the company. Aelinaras had her cloak over her and could not be identified Legolas set his own bow ready to fire, in a means for protecting Aelinaras. Indeed the fellowship was alarmed. Aelinaras eyes had become unfocused, as she became light headed, and faint. A tall, golden-haired Elf approached them. "The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." Haldir said in a cocky mocking manner. Gimli growled under his breath. Aelinaras groaned and slumped over, Morgurth Whinnied and stomped around getting the elf’s attention. "Aelinaras?" Haldir questioned with worry, as she slid off the horse and into the Gondorian’s arms the hood of her cloak slipping off her head.

The Fellowship stood upon platform in the rustling foliage. "Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion/Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil" Haldir greeted Legolas, both were worried for Aelinaras but for the sake of respectfulness greeting came first. "Govannas vn gwennen le, Haldir o Lrien/Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lorien." Legolas replied. Haldir glances at Aragorn "A, Aragorn in Dnedain istannen le ammen./Oh, Aragorn of the Dunedain, you are known to us." he stated simply. "Haldir." Aragorn stated. "So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves! Speak words we can also understand!" Gimli barked. "They have not hat dealing with the dwarves sense the dark days, I’m weak and very unhappy Gimli, do use a favor tie that beard in a knot around your mouth and be at silence!" Aelinaras snapped weakly, leaning on Boromir’s shoulder for support. Everyone gazed at her for a short moment. "And you know what this Dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!/ I spit upon your grave!" Gimli shot back at her. She glared at him as did Legolas and Haldir. Aragorn grabed Gimli’s arm roughly. "That was not so courteous." he scolded Gimli. Haldir glanced at Frodo. "You bring great evil with you." He paused and turned to the ranger. "You can go no further." he finished and walked away. Sam and Pippin turned to look at Frodo who was a tad uncomfortable. Aragorn began to argue with Haldir. "Boe ammen veriad ln. Andelu i ven!/We need your protection. The road is fell" Aragorn hissed yet still pleading. Haldir whispered back inaudibly. "Merin le telim/I wish we may come with you" Aragorn tried reasoning again. Haldir answered quietly meaning only for Aragorn to hear. "Henio, anron boe ammen i dulu ln!/Please, understand, we need your support!" Aragorn yelled. Legolas turned to look at Frodo who looked away, his eyes then fell on Sam he did the same with hurt in his eyes as did Merry and pippin. Gimli too glance at Frodo. Aelinaras pushed her tired body up off of Boromir’s shoulder and walked over to the troubled hobbit and smiled at him.

Aragorn continued to argue loudly with Haldir. "Andelu i ven./The road is very dangerous" Aragorn kept at it. "Gandalf's death was not in vain nor would he have you give up hope." Boromir said to Frodo who had looked up at him. "You carry a heavy burden, Frodo don't carry the weight of the dead." he continued. Frodo pondered this. Aelinaras cast the Gondorian a small smile but frowned as it was looking like Haldir wasn't backing down, she approached the two. "Antolle ulua sulrim!/Much wind pours from your mouth! Dolle naa lost!/Your head is empty!" Aelinaras yelled at the top of her lungs at Haldir, who had took a step back. No one in the company understood what she had said save Frodo, Legolas, and Aragorn. "Take us with you" the she elf said her voice tired. "I will take you but not them" Haldir said calmly. "I will not leave my company" she hissed back. "Then you will be left" he added. " En!/look!" Aelinaras hissed again opening her cloak revealing her gash, Aragorn stared how could he have not noticed that? Haldir looked horrified. "I will not leave without them and if you do not take use my blood shall be painted on your hands." Aelinaras paused. "Detholalle/Your choice” she whispered.

Haldir, Aragorn and Aelinaras approached the party, Haldir looking less that happy. "You will follow me." he stated. A caravan of Elves led the Fellowship along a ridge, through the Beauty of golden woods. Boromir glanced at Frodo behind him and then back ahead to Aelinaras his gaze lingered on her. The group came to the end of the high ridge and looked out. A great glade of trees rose above them, Aelinaras smiled as a breeze caught her hair. She was home. " Creoso Amar/welcome home" Haldir said to her. Aelinaras’ smile grew wide as she nodded. "Caras Galadhon the heart of Elvendom on earth. Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light." Aelinaras said to the Fellowship as they gazed out.

The sun had begun to set, as earlier dawn had faded away. The Fellowship climbed a winding trail among the great trees, whose roots were as great as bridges the thick heavily leafed Branches casting the forest floor in shadow. A beautiful dim golden hue giving the forest a little light from what the sun could offer. "Stop whining and be thankful you’re not as light as you look" Haldir joked chuckling lightly as Aelinaras hit him lightly on arm as he carried her on his back. "It’s not my fault my ankles’ broken!" she shot back with a content grin. The gondorian and the Elf prince gazed at the two far ahead of them. Frodo being lost in thought about what lady Galadriel had uttered to him could barley here what his friend and cousins were talking about. Aragorn seemed to be in some rare peace here in the golden wood, yet the same could not be said for Gimli.

The Fellowship climbed a twisting stair about the trunk of a tree, Night had fallen and the Forest was in a Haunting Blue glow, as the brilliant white rays of moon light peered thru the forest Canopy. Everything was silent and still, the soft rustlings of the leaves, and noses of the night creatures was all that could be heard. Though for those who were bless with elven ears, the great trees were humming their soft deep songs. The Little Hobbits, The Men and even the dwarf found themselves amazed by the glimmering Blue and silver lights as they climbed. Passing numerous platforms, they came to a great palace in the trees, Silver lights shined more bright and Beautiful than that of the last platform. A curving walkway lay before them, leading up a low stair to an archway. As they gathered before the arch Haldir stepped to one side. A couple walking hand in hand, glowing so much so they were by fair more captivating than the Forests angelic blue hue it's self. The Fellowship looked fixedly upon them. Aragorn touched his head in greeting. "I don't remember them glowing so much" Aelinaras said to Haldir, he chuckled lightly and nodded.

The great Silver lights dimmed, standing before the awe stricken fellowship, Lord, and Lady of the wood, Galadriel and Celeborn came to a halt. Galadriel's Great searching eyes focused on Frodo, but Celeborn spoke. "The Enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone." as the Lord of the Wood spoke all became tense. His eyes scanned the Fellowship, "Eight there are here, yet ten there were, set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf?" He asked. Galadriel's eyes flickered to Aragorn's who had looked up. "For I much desire to speak with him I can no longer see him from afar." Celeborn continued. "Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into shadow." Galadriel voiced. Aragorn nodded as grief was cast back into the hearts of the company. "He was taken by both Shadow and Flame: a Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria." Legolas informed her. Gimli bowed his head in sorrow. "Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know his whole purpose." The lady of the wood paused "Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dm fill your heart, Gimli, son of Glin." she finished. Gimli lifted his head, some words of comfort coming for this elf Queen, the one who he had calmed witch of the wood. "For the world has grown full of peril. And in all lands, love is now mingled with grief." She added. Boromir turned his woeful face to the Lady, blinking and swallowing hard. The Lady stared back. Boromir then looked away, weeping lightly. This caused the Great Lady of wood to worry for she had noticed. Where was Aelinaras were was her Archer Captain. "Where is Aelinaras" she demanded. "I am here milady" Aelinaras called being set down off of Haldir's back. By now her blood had seeped thru the cloak. Galadriel's eyes grew wide as she gazed at the she elf's wound, then down to her oddly angled ankle. "Um I fell down?" Aelinaras said with question and an innocent face, the lady smiled a small smile and shook her head. Boromir wrapped Aelinaras' arm around his shoulders to help support her busted ankle as Celeborn spoke yet again. "What now becomes of this Fellowship? Without Gandalf, hope is lost." he's words sent another wave of gloom upon the fellowship. Aragorn looked irritated, Boromir hung his head slightly, and Aelinaras glared at her elder. “The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all." Galadriel's words fell heavy, and her eyes were fixed on Aelinaras and shifted to Boromir who had looked up, at her unsure. "Yet hope remains while the company is true." the lady added tearing her eyes off the two and over to Sam offering a warm smile. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep in peace." she finished but then turning to fordo uttering to him thru the mind. "Welcome, Frodo of the Shire one who has seen the Eye!” Galadriel's eyes, the same ones that Frodo saw upon entering Lothlorien, flashed through his mind yet again.

Aelinaras was taken to her old room up in the tree tops whilst the rest of the company was back on the forest floor. "Stop moving child!" Galadriel laughed as she bandaged Aelinaras wound. "I can't it hurts!" the she elf whined. Galadriel sighed before looking up at her. “You have not heeded my warning" she uttered darkly. "What oh the gondorian.... I tried milady I did....but" Aelinaras voice failed her. “I see darkness and sorrow for you in the future" Galadriel sighed. "What is it milady tell me what it is because as far as I know I cannot fight my heart" Aelinaras pleaded. "He will fall" the lady of the wood answered walking to the door. Aelinaras flinched. "I shall prevent that" Aelinaras words were confident but her voice betrayed her. Galadriel bowed her head and left the room.

The Hobbits were settling down to rest. The elves were singing a soft song that ran like silk threw the forest.

Female Elf:
"A Olrin i yaresse
Mentaner i Numeherui
Trien i Rmenri"
(Olrin who once was
Sent by the Lords of the West
To guard the Lands of the East)
Other Elves:
"Melme nren sina
nra ala
Ero"
(Our love for this land
Is deeper than the deeps
Of the sea)

"A lament for Gandalf." Legolas stated upon hearing the elves song. Aragorn was busy sharpening his sword as Gimli slept beside him. "What do they say about him?" merry asked in curiosity. Legolas turned to the inquisitive young hobbit. "I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too near." Legolas replied as the elves kept singing.

"Maiaron i Oiosaila,
Manan elye etevanne
Nrie i malanelye?"
(Wisest of all Maiar,
What drove you to leave
That which you loved?)
"Ilfirin nairelma
ullume nucuvalme.
Nauva i nauva."
(Yet we will cast all away
Rather that submit.
What should be shall be.)

Sam crouched down to ready his bed, for the night."I bet they don't mention his fireworks. There should be a verse about them." he remarked to merry before standing up. "The finest rockets ever seen,
They burst in stars of blue and green" he began to make his own verse. Gimli snored loudly. At least someone was getting a peaceful nights rest. "Or after thunder silver showers" Sam sang coming up with another phrase. Aragorn turns, annoyed, and hit the Dwarf's pillow, making him grunt. "Came falling like a rain of flowers" Sam finished before squatting back down. "Oh, that doesn't do them justice by a long road." he muttered to himself.

Aragorn walked over to Boromir, who is seated alone on one of the tree's great roots that bent up and over out of the mossy ground. Still the elves sang.

"-reniathach
i amar galen
I reniad ln ne mr, nuithannen."
(No more will you wander
The green fields of this earth
Your journey has ended in darkness.)

Their song was unsettling. "Take some rest. These borders are well protected." Aragorn said getting the troubled gondorians attention. "I will find no rest here. I heard her voice inside my head. She spoke of my father and the fall of Gondor. She said to me, 'Even now, there is hope left.' But I cannot see it. It is long since we had any hope." Boromir opened up referring to Galadriel. Aragorn sighed through his nose and took a seat next to Boromir. "My father is a noble man, but his rule is failing. And now our people lose faith. He looks to me to make things right and I would do it. I would see the glory of Gondor restored." Boromir paused. “Have you ever seen it Aragorn? The White Tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver. Its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?" Boromir finished smiling recalling his home. "I have seen the White City, long ago." the ranger replied his denial for who he is and what he is meant to become sinking in. "One day; our paths will lead us there. And the tower guard shall take up the call: "'The Lords of Gondor have returned!'" Boromir remark with a grin. Aragorn gave a short nod before looking away. Boromir's smile fell as his sighed and looked up closing his eyes. "That wasn't the only thing on your mind am I wrong?" Aragorn asked. Boromir looked at him with a distressed face. “I swear she acts as if I had mocked her family, and danced on her loved ones gave" Boromir blurted out. Aragorn laughed. “I don't know what I’ve done to her to make her loathe me so" he shaking his head. “don’t fret I have learned elves never acted out without reason" Aragorn said laughing, but he's laughter faded as Aelinaras approached them.

Aragorn nodded at her and then to Boromir as he got up to leave. The two just stared at one another; the she elf's expression was unreadable. “Boromir spoke first.”Lady Aelinaras if I have done anything to-" Boromir stopped as air rushed out of his lungs, and he held his breath. Slender fragile looking arms wrapped themselves under his arms and around his back, pulling him into a soft embrace. Aelinaras' heart rate rose as she rested her head on the gondorians chest. "Why am I doing this, this will surely end up in more grief than my heart already holds" she scolded herself. Yet her embrace was returned and warmth surged threw her body. She smiled “I am the one at fault, I've been trying to heed a warning from Milady, she foresaw great grief for me, if I was to get to close" she paused. "But the heart is too strong of a foe to fight." she sighed. "So you will have me?" Boromir asked entwining his hands in her long red hair. She nodded. He smiled and buried his head in the top of her hair. Haldir gazed at the scene from one of the platforms with a hurting heart.