The Fellowship

Ever, Ever On

It was Late at Night and the moon was very high in the sky. Aelinaras sat awake in the middle of the forest by a pool were she used to rest when she was younger. "Come on out, Haldir your a very sneaky one but not around me" she called with a smile. The blonde elf came out with his hands raised. "Okay okay" he laughed taking a seat next to her. “do you know what you’re doing?" he asked. Aelinaras sighed. "He is mortal what’s to happen when he grows old and his life fades away" Haldir asked. “Is that malice? Captain?" the she elf asked. "Milady...." he breathed. "Your my comrade Aelinaras I do not wish upon you such Grief" he finished. Aelinaras looked at him and smiled. "Uuma dela/ don't worry" she said touching his face. Haldir closed his eyes and let out an uneasy sigh. "Arwen en amin/my lady (unfamilar)" he said getting up and walking away. Aelinaras looked after him hurt. "Mellonamin/my friend" she said back before he walked away hoping to have him turn and return to her side, however this was not so. As strange as it seems, this was a way for saying odd bye yet on bad terms. Haldir stopped when he was sure he was out of her ear shot. "Melamin/My love" he whispered shaking his head and continued to walk.

In the still of night Aelinaras heard footsteps coming her way. "What are you doing up dear Frodo?" she asked the hobbit jumped for have being in deep thought. "He looked at her and breathed out.”Oh it's you...." he said walking to her and taking a seat next to her. “you look frightened...that means but one thing" the she elf paused. Frodo looked up at her as she smiled sadly. “You look into maladies mirror" she said in a sorrowful tone. Frodo nodded. “I offered her the ring she would not take it" he paused. "Would you" he asked. Aelinaras smiled and chuckled lightly before leaning and giving him a light kiss on the forehead. “I dare not touch it dear Frodo only you have the strength to carry it" she said before getting up to walk away.

Meanwhile, while the Fellowship was resting in the peaceful glow of Lorien trouble was stirring in Isengard. Orthanc progressed through plumes of black substantial smoke. Saruman and a outsized Uruk-Hai Lerkz stood below the rising sun in the inner chamber of Orthanc. "Do you know how the Orcs first came into being? They were Elves once, taken by the dark powers. Tortured and mutilated" Saruman Croaked into Lerkz's ear. The Uruk-Hai growled. “A ruined and terrible form of life. And now perfected: my fighting Uruk-hai." Saruman paused observing his "work". "Whom do you serve?" he asked testing the horrid creature’s loyalty. "Saruman!" it sneered as a small smile crept on the corrupt wizards face.

The Uruk-hai began fitting themselves with armor and were given weapons. Brandishing the white hand of Saruman on their fore brows and Helmets. They then formatted in a great grotto beneath a high balcony. "Hunt them down! Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain, you do not know fear. You will taste man-flesh!" Saruman egged on the Uruks-hai, who had left their weapons high in the air shaking them with a battle roar. Saruman spoke to the Uruk-hai leader Lerkz. Who he spoke with in his chamber. "One of the Halflings carries something of great value. Bring them to me alive, and unspoiled. Kill the others! Beware of the she elf for she is ready" He said his orders reaching the Uruk-hai's ears it sneered lightly.

A well-designed ship, carved to mirror the splendor of a swan, flowed through the river. Galadriel stood in it elegantly in the early morning light. On shore, cloaks are fastened around the Fellowship with green, magnificently made silver-veined leaf-brooches. Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." Celeborn spoke this in gesture of friendship. Elves prepared for the departure of the Fellowship. Legolas is one among them, shifting parcels into a set of boats provided by the Galadhrim. Holding up a thin wafer for Merry and Pippin to see smiling, as they sit in a boat. "Lembas! Elvish Way-bread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man." he said still smiling this morning must have brought light spirits to him. Pippin sat in boat looking very full. "How many did you eat?" Merry asked turning to his cousin. "Four." pippin answered with burp. Aelinaras laughed lightly before turning around to face the crowd, her eyes scanning it, not finding who she was looking for. "Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin." As the elf lord speaks the fellowship climbed into their boats. Gimli needing Legolas' assistance to get onboard their boat, as Sam tried to steady himself. Meanwhile, Aragorn and Celeborn wandered through the heavy mist and warm sunlight. Nor will you find safety on the western bank. Strange creatures bearing the mark of the White Hand have been seen on our borders. Seldom do Orcs journey in the open, under the sun, yet these have done so" Celeborn warned the ranger. Aragorn looked down as the two paused. Celeborn held out an ornate dagger before him. Aragorn took it carefully, unsheathing it; the blade shimmered in the light. "Le aphadar aen/You are being tracked" the elf lord warned again as Aragorn sheathed the dagger. "By river you have the chance of outrunning the enemy to the Falls of Rauros."
A paddle splashed into the clear water. The Fellowship rowed through the river, past the Elves onshore. Aelinaras sat down cast behind Boromir in the boat, her heart as heavy as steel. The sun wrapped his heavenly warm rosy rays over the hills Caras Galadhon rises far away into the mist. Voices sing with the rising dawn:

"Ai! lauri lantar lassi srien,
Yni ntim ve rmar aldaron!
yni ve lint yuldar avnier
mi oromardi lisse-miruvreva
Andn pella Vardo tellumar
nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni"
(Alas! Like gold fall the leaves in the wind,
long years numberless as the wings of the trees!
The long years have passed like swift draughts
of the sweet mead in lofty halls beyond the West,
beneath the vaults of Varda wherein the stars
tremble in the song of her voice)

A song of the sorrow of the Elves, The Voices continued to sing. As the boats moved further downstream, Legolas' eyes stared distantly. He smiled, remembering, whilst Aelinaras sing with the elves wishing to forget. Beating herself up inside trying to remember what she said to ruin a long held friendship. "Amin hiraetha?i'm sorry" a voice called in her mind. She looked down and smiled. " Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva / Sweet water and light laughter till next we meet" Aelinaras thought back to Haldir pausing. "Mellonamin/my friend" she added. A smile crept up on the archer captain’s face. "Arwenamin/My lady (familiar)" he replied before dropping the connection. Aelinaras smiled and sighed. Boromir turned his attention to her and smiled as well, seeing her happy.

The Fellowship sailed out onto the open river and leaving Lorien behind, White Mountains rose mystically beneath cerulean skies and emerald forest. "I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest. “Haugh, henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me." Gimli spoke to Legolas who he shared a boat with. "What was it?" Legolas asked half interested keeping his eyes on the she elf in the boat in front of him. "I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three." gimli said as Legolas smiled, was the dwarf learning to accept elves?

Beneath sheer cliffs, the Fellowship pateled out onto a larger branch of the Anduin. All was quiet and somewhat calm. Though for the alert Aelinaras, and Aragorn, the stillness was uncomforting. Aelinaras ear twitched jerking her head to the forest and looked intently, forcing her eyes to look farther deep into the wood. Uruk-hai were marching along through the forest. She turned away and sucked in a breath, before closing her eyes. Looking up at Boromir a determined look flashed across the she elf’s face.

Darkness had fallen upon the river. Coming to a small land mass the fellowship took rest. Boromir looked out from behind a large bolder out onto the waterway. A lone log floated along it, to withered hands could be seen griping the wood, a head barely peeking over the top, the creature’s eyes glimmered softly. "Gollum. He has tracked us since Moria." Aragorn said from over the gondorians shoulder. "I had hoped we would lose him on the river. But he's too clever a waterman." Aragorn sighed. "And if he alerts the enemy to our whereabouts it will make the crossing even more dangerous." Boromir managed to get out not taking his eyes off the log. Aelinaras look her bow and aimed it at the log. "I say we put the poor old retch out of its misery" she said fixing her arrow at the log. Aragorn used his hand to lower her bow. She nodded and sighed turning to an apprehensive Frodo who had over heard them. "Have some food, Mister Frodo." Sam said to the troubled hobbit. "I'm alright." Frodo said dismissing his concerned friend. "But you're not! I'm here to help you. I promised Gandalf that I would." Sam had raised his voice just a little bit. "You can't help me, Sam Not this time Get some sleep." Frodo said turning to his long time friend. Sam looked somewhat hurt but still left him unaccompanied.

"Don't make me shove this down your throat Avarier/Unwilling one" Aelinaras said towering above Frodo with one hand on her hip and a plate in her other hand. He gave a tiny smile and took the plate. "If that’s not vanished by the time I get back I shall force feed you" she warned walking off. "You treat him like a child you know" Legolas said as she walked by him. The she elf smiled. “That is because at heart he is one, he maybe full grown though in side he is a scared child" she said turning to face the prince. Legolas bore a wide smile but shook his head. Aelinaras made her way over to the bickering men. "Minas Tirith is the safer road. You know it. From there we can regroup strike out for Mordor from a place of strength." Boromir said to the ranger. "There is no strength in Gondor that can avail us." Aragorn replied calmly. "You were quick enough to trust the Elves. Have you so little faith in your own people?" Boromir shot back, Aelinaras stood behind him with crossed arms. "Those words come so bitter off your tongue Melamin/my love" she mused Boromir turned to face her with a look of apology. Aelinaras curved her gaze to Frodo suffering from his resting place hearing Boromir’s words. Aelinaras walked back and gave him her red archers’ cloak, while rolling up her green cloak as a head rest. "Try this" she said gently sitting at his side. "Yes, there is weakness. There is frailty. But there is courage also, and honor to be found in Men. But you will not see that." Aragorn turned away, but Boromir grabs his arm and turned him "You are afraid! All your life, you have hidden in the shadows!" Boromir snapped at Aragorn. "Scared of who you are, of what you are." the gondorian finished but this voice was softer as he released the ranger, who turned away. Aragorn turned back suddenly. "I will not lead the Ring within a hundred leagues of your city!" he said calmly getting his Boromir’s face. "Silence your tongues! Immature disgraces to your race!" Aelinaras hissed at them from where she sat. The hobbits snickered at this. "If you talk any louder we shall be found! So be hushed or I will force you so" the she elf's voice was clear and physically powerful. The two men looked at each other and walked away. Aelinaras' glare faded away as she smiled to herself taking a quick look around, the hobbits were sleeping soundly, and Frodo was on his way out as well.