The Fellowship

Fears Come To Light, Battle in the Woods

Boromir glanced at Frodo's boat across the water; Aelinaras looked at the gondorian cautiously out of the corner of her eye. The fellowship was now traveling pass a ravine. Lifting his head up Aragorn smiled. He taped Frodo on the shoulder. "Frodo, the Argonath! Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin." the ranger's smile grew wider. The Fellowship gazed up in amazement at the towering grandeurs of the Argonath. Aelinaras smiled sadly. "Milady?" Boromir asked her. The she elf sighed. "tis nothing, its just...back at my home we had something akin over the Ambar'Ros River." she said her voice was low. "Who were they of?" he asked. "My Grandmother and a great grandmother Ainagannel ( Holy Harp) and Aranelenalata (princess of Radiance)" the she elf had a tender look on her face. She looked back up to the two majestic statues, standing proudly on each side of the Anduin. Their left arms are held aloft, their palms facing outwards in gesture of admonition. "What did they look like what are your elders like" Legolas asked in Aelinaras' head the she elf smiled. "Ainagannel my great grandmother Had long dark red hair, and beautiful azure eyes, she was always so gentle and exceedingly wise. Aranelenalata my grandmother, she has the fairest skin you will ever hope to see her hair is a golden red if you deem it, her emerald green eyes tell you all she barely has to utter one word....not that she can...she is mute" Aelinaras thought back to him. "Than I see were you have received the loveliness that graces you milady" the prince replied breaking the connection.

The Fellowship sailed towards a grand, thunderous waterfall. Disembarking on a gravel coast, Boromir held a troubled air about him, he looked as if there was an conflicting battle within him. Frodo glanced at him, for the gondorians resolve was feeble, as was proved up in the misty mountains. The fellowship started to set up camp. "We cross the lake at nightfall. Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the north." Aragorn stated. "Oh, yes?! It's just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil? An impassable labyrinth of razor sharp rocks! And after that, it gets even better!" Gimli said in a callous voice. Pippin looked up frightfully. Aelinaras glared at him and laid a hand on the hobbits shoulder. "Festering, stinking marshlands, far as the eye can see!" he unrelenting paying no heed to the she elf's gaze. "That is our road. I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf." Aragorn said calmly almost sarcastically. "Recover my?! Phrrr" the dwarf huffed. Aelinaras became tense. "Legolas I feel an alarming ora in the air" she said contacting him through the mind. He nodded. "I do as well" he replied. "We should leave now." he called to the ranger. "No. Orcs patrol the eastern shore. We must wait for cover of darkness." Aragorn said setting the elf’s thoughts to the side. "It is not the eastern shore that worries me. A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near I can feel it..... It falls heavier on Aelinaras" the elf prince said looking the ranger in the eyes. Aelinaras' gaze wandered over to the immense pined wood. A vision flashed threw her head, of Boromir, he had three arrows protruding from his chest and fell to his knees the next was of his body being sent over the great falls in a boat. As she came back from the vision she closed her eyes tightly before getting up and walking to where Boromir stood. "milady?" he asked she put and finger over his mouth silencing him before bringing him into a light kiss. Breaking it the gondorian looked at her with perplexity and saw the pain in her eyes.

Merry, returned with some timber for the campfire, looked about. Sam who was half asleep awoke with a start. Aragorn looked around the camp Aelinaras was standing on the shore gazing at the sky; she turned around with a alarmed face, her breathing labored. “where are they!" she cried, her pupils danced with fright. The she elf and the ranger’s eyes landed on Boromir's shield, lying with his baggage. Aelinara's body quivered with her breath. She ran to her bow and her swords, hastily strapping them on she darted off into the woods. Legolas caught a quick glimpse at her before she morphed into a stage and dashed away. Tears stung at her eyes. "Something is wrong" Aragorn stated getting his weapons to go after her though she was far ahead by know.

Frodo wandered into the forest, he stood by an immense stone head, which had been alienated and misplaced from its body for ages it seemed. There Boromir spotted him while gathering wood for fire. "None of us should wander alone, you least of all. So much depends on you. Frodo?" he said approaching the hobbit. "I know why you seek solitude. You suffer. I see it day by day. You sure you do not suffer needlessly? There are other ways, Frodo, other paths that we might take." he continued. "I know what you would say. And it would seem like wisdom but for the warning in my heart." the hobbit replied taking one step back. "Warning? Against what? We're all afraid, Frodo. But to let that fear drive us to destroy what hope we have don't you see, that is madness?" Boromir’s voice was increasing. "There is no other way!" Frodo said quickly his voice raised. "I ask only for the strength to defend my people!" Boromir threw the wood to the ground "If you would but lend me the Ring" Boromir advanced on the hobbit. "NO!" Frodo yelled taking another step back. "Why do you recoil? I am no thief." the gondorian said with a small smile. "You are not yourself!" Frodo stated calmly. "What chance do you think you have? They will find you! They will take the Ring and you will beg for death before the end!" Boromir yelled Frodo turned away in a huff and started to walk. "You fool!" Boromir called walking after him, the hobbit started to run as did Boromir and soon he was closing in on him.

Aelinaras galloped through the wood left and right, but found she was lost, coming to a halt she turned back into her elf form winded she leaning against a tree, straining her eyes to look farther in search of the hobbit and the gondorian. Yet she found something else coming at great momentum through the forest. Turning back into a stage she bang to run again.

"It is not yours, save by unhappy chance. It could have been mine!" Boromir yelled tackling Frodo to the ground. "It should be mine! Give it to me!" Boromir yelled again. The two grappled on the ground, somehow fordo got the ring into his hand. "Give it to me!" the gondorian barked. "No!" Frodo shot back quickly. "Give me Give me the Ring!" Frodo shook his head and slipped the ring on becoming undetectable, kicking Boromir before running off. Boromir looked around like a bandit in the desert looking for gold. "I see your mind. You will take the Ring to Sauron! You will betray us! You'll go to your death and the death of us all! Curse you! Curse you! And all the Halflings!" he called into the forest cursing Frodo. Slipping he fell to the leaf littered ground. The hold the ring had him under faded away, and his senses are regained. "Frodo? Frodo? what have I done? please Frodo!" he called out realizing what he had done. Frodo dashed up a set of old shady steps, the shadowy world of the ring surrounding him. Far away he could hear Boromir calling "Frodo, I'm sorry! Frodo!" In the shadow world Frodo climbed up onto a stone platform framing it were two great stone eagles and an peculiar shape loomed at him from afar, As the figure rushed towards him his vision rise to a pinnacle. The dark tower of Barad-dr, the great eye of Sauron peered down at him. Rushing to remove the ring, Frodo fell off the platform and landed of his back. Catching his breath he sat up once he saw he was no longer in the shadow world anymore. A high structure on the cliff edge stood ahead of him surrounded by pines. A stairway ran up through its center, to a seat dwarfed by stone eagles on top.

Aragorn finally finding Frodo approached him. "Frodo?" he asked. "Huh?! It has taken Boromir." Frodo said startled but calmed down some when he saw who it was. "Where is the Ring?" Aragorn asked staring at Frodo intensely. "Stay away!" Frodo called scrambling away from Aragorn only for him to trail. "Frodo!" the ranger called. The hobbit stopped. "I swore to protect you!" he stated. "Can you protect me from yourself?!" Frodo said pausing to hold out the ring in his palm. "Would you destroy it?" he asked. Slowly Aragorn walked to Frodo gazing at the ring. The ring started to whisper. "Aragorn Aragorn Elessar" it hissed. Reaching out for the ring Aragorn took both hands and closed Frodo’s fingers around it, to the hobbits chest. "I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor." he said truthfully understanding Frodo’s choice. "I know. Look after the others, especially Sam. He will not understand." Frodo pause. "Tell Aelinaras I said thank you" he finished. The ranger nodded, but then stood suddenly drawing his sword. Frodo pulled sting out a little to see it was gleaming its marvelous azure warning. "Go, Frodo. Run. Run!" Aragorn cried. Frodo looked up and ran from the hill tops.

Aragorn walked out from beneath the ruin to find a multitude of Uruk-hai advancing towards him quickly. Walking towards them he touched his sword to his brow. The Uruks attacked, Aragorn cut several down, but they forced him up the stairs of the seat. A Uruk knocked him back and raised its weapon, a golden red blur flashed by Aragorn, before him was a large Horned stage, it's antlers piercing right threw the Over sized Orcs arms. As the stage tossed its great head back the uruk-hai was sent airborne into a tree, cracking its neck it fell lifeless. The stage morphed and there stood Aelinaras. The wind shifted her locks as she looked back at the ranger and smiled. Sam searched the forest franticly for Frodo calling out for him. "Find the Halflings! Yaggh! Find the Halflings!" lurtz the uruki-hai leader called out.

"Elendil!" Aragorn cried out. Legolas and Gimli ran forward from behind the ruin. Legolas started to take out numerous Uruk-hai out with his arrows while Gimli was swinging his axe like a mad man. Aelinaras looked around then to Legolas. "Go!" he told her nodding his head knowing who she was looking for. She began to run but Lurtz stop her with his weapon making her have to fight him. Frodo ran and hid behind a tree. Across from him merry and pippin were hiding beneath a log. "Frodo!" merry called as pippin made the hand motion telling him to come over. Frodo looked at them forlornly and shook his head. "What's he doin'?" pippin asked his cousin. "He's leavin'." merry replied. "NO!" pippin called running out "pippin!" merry called running after him both stopped when they saw a horde of uruk-hai running at them. “NO! Get back retches!" Aelinaras' voice called as a stage ran through the horde knocking several of the Uruk-hai to the side. She turned back into an elf and fought them off. Frodo took this opportunity to run off once more. A awfully wide Uruk smashed his hammer into Aelinaras stomach making her double over. "Run!" she cried out two the two cousins. "But" merry stammered. "I shall be behind you now flee!" she called slicing an uruk-hai's head clean off. The two took off with Aelinaras holding as many as she could at bay.

Back at the hilltop, Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli had killed many Foes’ yet they still kept coming like a large wave. In a swift second Legolas stabbed one Uruk with an arrow then shot it out at another. Gimli wielded his Axe and Aragorn stabed one in the back.

Merry and pippin stand across and old bridge, at the end off it they could see more Uruk running to them now closing in from both sides. The closest uruk ran to them with its axe raised. Aelinaras' tried to fight her way over but she couldn’t do it in time she cried out for them as the uruki brought its axe down. Yet it was paired by Boromir who pushed the uruki-hai back and then killed it with its own weapon. Aelinaras smiled as she ran to him. They gave each other a quick embrace before they got back to back. She pulled out her bow. "Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...My bow shall sing with your sword" she said first saying it in elvish than in the tongue of man. He nodded and they both ran out. Aelinaras took out as many as she could but they got to close she had to use her swords. Pulling out two of them she cut one Uruku's legs clean threw, and stab the other threw the back. Boromir took out one with a blow to its cranium. As the two fought they got farther and farther apart. Both were surrounded. Aelinaras knew this was not good and began to panic.