The Fellowship

Fare Thee Well Boromir Son of Denethor , Grandson of Ecthelion

Legolas was killing Orc after orc, shooting down an uruk-hia that was close to Aragorn; three loud horn blasts could be heard. "The Horn of Gondor!" Legolas said looking over at the ranger. "Boromir!" Aragorn called running off to where the sound was coming from. He ran down a steep incline but the Uruk-hai got between him and Boromir. The forest seemed to sweep by as he went. Boromir sound the horn again as the uruks make to attack him. The horn of gondor is to be sounded so that fellow gondorians can come to aid the needed but far off in these lands far off from Gondor the call shall go unheard. Aragorn and Aelinaras fought madly to get to him even merry and pippin stabed some orcs. "Run! Run!" Boromir called to the hobbits. Lurtz walked up leisurely caring a large bow with thick arrows. Boromir fought on not seeing the peril; the hobbits continue to throw stones, Lurtz stretched back the twine to his bow and took aim. Aelinaras gasped " NO!" Aelinaras cry rang out loud through the woods and the Uruku's arrow zipped cutting through the air. Boromir jerked backwards at the blow to his left shoulder. Everything seemed to stop as Boromir fell. The hobbits looked in shock while Aelinaras fought harder. Boromir began to breathe hard in pain but he got back up. With a battle cry he attacked another uruk-hai. Aelinaras broke free of the uruks she had been fighting and ran to him only to be caught up in fighting some more. The Uruk chieftain growled and walked down the grade. Bracing his bow he shot again as Boromir turned to look at him. The thick black arrow flew into Boromir’s stomach. Aelinaras closed her eyes as he dropped to his knees again gasping. Merry and pippin throw rocks harder and faster but stop. Boromir looked them in the eyes before getting back up. "N'ndengina ho!/don't kill him!" Aelinaras called to Lurtz though she knew it was folly. Boromir got back up swinging at more uruks.

Lurtz shot him one more time the arrow landing in his chest. The gondorian fell to his knees this time he couldn't get up. Swaying unsteadily, looking at his horn which was cloven in two. Merry and Pippin look at him, horror-struck. Taking up their swords they ran to fight. Aelinaras froze in her spot unable to move. In a swift movement an uruk picked them up and carried them away. The troop of uruk-hai marched away from Boromir who looked on powerlessly. Aelinaras wanted to run to him but his eyes said help them. Turning she ran at the Orcs when a sharp pain it her back. She hunched over. A fallen uruk had gotten up and lunched its axe into her back. She went numb her whole body did. Pulling the axe out of her back she cut its skull in half turning to face lurtz who had his arrow aimed at Boromir. Aelinaras stood in front of her wounded aficionado in the form of a stag, fire swirled around her body. As the uruki-hai captain went to release the arrow Aragorn knocked him in the head. The captain and Aragorn fought relentlessly. Aragorn lost his sword and was thrown to the ground. As he got up the uruk threw its shield at him pinning the ranger to a tree buy his neck. The Uruk raised his sword and strikes, but Aragorn slipped beneath the shield, throwing his dagger into the Orcs leg, yet the captain pulled it out as if it was a torn. Aragorn closed in on the Orc getting into in a flurry of swordplay, as he made to slice the Uruk-hai's arm off there was a loud roar the kind roar you hear when a fire blazes higher, like when you throw a new log into a fire place. "Leave him Aragorn move aside!" Aelinaras voice cried out. Aragorn and lurts turned to see the large stag running at them a blaze. Everything seemed to slow down, as the stage rammed into lurtz body antlers ripping right thru him the stage had pinned him to a tree by the antlers, which were still suck into the uruk-hai. It Cried out in torment as it burned alive Aelinaras jerked her antlers farther into the tree and deeper into the orc, before turning back into a she elf and stabbing him threw it's heart with her sword. The Uruk stopped yelling and stared at her with departed eyes.

Aelinaras shut her eyes tightly and sliced off its head but she was not happy with that. It wasn't enough she kept hacking at its body over and over while Aragorn went to Boromir’s side. Gimli stared at Boromir in shock. Legolas ran over the furious she elf who was still hacking at the mangled dead body.Tear stains marked her bloody face and her boy trembled in its madness "shhhh Tampa....Tampa/stop...stop" he cooed into her ear. She dropped her sword looking down at the bloody mess at her feet. There lay pieces of uruk that were the size off marbles. She let out a pathetic cry, much like that of a dying animal and turned to bury her head in his chest. "shhh....Amin sinome/ I'm here" he cooed to her stroking her hair. Boromir laid on his back Pale and Bloodied. Aragorn kneeled near Boromir, who grabbed Aragorn's shoulder. "They took the little ones." he said with some trouble. "Be still." Aragorn told in him a gentle tone. "Frodo! Where is Frodo?" Boromir asked panicked. “I let him go" Aragorn said speaking gently. "Then you did what I could not. I tried to take the Ring from him." the gondorian said having to get the guilt off his shoulders. "The Ring is beyond our reach now." Aragorn replied trying to calm him. "Forgive me. I did not see it. I have failed you all." he said quickly. ""No, Boromir, you fought bravely! You have kept your honor." Aragorn said reaching to pull the arrows out but Boromir stopped him. "Leave it! It is over. The world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness and my city to ruin." "I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall nor our people fail!" Aragorn said with pained eyes. "Our people? Our people." Boromir said with a small smile. Aragorn looked up as Aelinaras approached little by little not wanting to face what lay ahead of her, her heart broke uneven with every step, but she was letting her elven light glow brighter than ever before. she kneeled down at the gondorians side, she went to speak but once again a small cry came out she put her hand over the arrows burring them to ashes, before leaning over and hiding her head in his neck, he put his arm around her and the other in her long red hair, holding her as close to him as his weakened body would allow, she cried again holding him tighter. "Amin Le lle!/I need you!" she cried out in elvish but sense the words were so basic he understood what she had said. His heart broke with every shiver and whimper that came from the elf’s body “Your beauty shines so, so bright" he said holding her tighter as well, griping her hair and waist with his fingers. "Hold on to this for me" Boromir choked out handing her his family ring. Aelinaras took it and looked him in the eyes, his deep brown eyes, the ones she had refused to look in all that time, and the ones that she would miss all through her lifespan. "I shall treasure your gift in my heart" she said leaning over him and giving him a soft parting kiss. "I love you" she whispered as tear slipped from her eyes and onto his lips. Boromir turned to Aragorn. "I would have followed you my Brother my Captain my King" and with that Aelinaras watched helplessly has he's last breath departed from his mouth. Aelinaras started to shake and she picked him up in her arms a cradled him as close as she could hiding her face away in his chest, dying just to hear a single lonely beat from his heart, yet the silence mocked her. Boromir son of Denethor , grandson of Ecthelion , was dead. "Be at peace, son of Gondor." Aragorn said kissing him on the forehead. "They will look for his coming from the White Tower. But he will not return." Aragorn stated as Aelinaras held Boromir’s body closer and cried, the tears would not stop coming and she would not let go.

Frodo stood upon the pale grey shore, looking out with the ring in his out stretched palm. "Frodo!" Sam’s voice called from the forest. Weeping silently fordo heard his voice from his conversation with Gandalf...yet now it seemed so long ago. "I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened." rang threw his head. "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide? All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." Gandalf’s voice was wise and comforting fading into Frodo’s memory. This gave the hobbit some courage. Closing his hand he put the ring in his vest pocket and pushed the boat into the water before jumping in it. Not long after Sam came running threw the woods after him. "Frodo, no! Frodo! Mister Frodo!" he called after his friend. "No, Sam. Frodo said softly paddling out to the river not looking back. Sam ran into the river. Hearing the splashes Frodo turned around. "Go back, Sam! I'm going to Mordor alone." Frodo called out eyes still red from weeping. "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!" Sam stated wading into the water faster. "You can't swim! Sam!" Frodo cried out. This didn't stop him Sam went farther into the water he tried to swim but just couldn't and began to sink to the bottom drowning. "Sam!" Frodo called to his friend. As Sam started to sink father down a hand diving into the water gabbing Sam’s hand. Barley there Sam griped the hand and was pulled out to air. Gasping. Frodo pulls he's frind into the boat. "I made a promise, Mister Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee.' And I don't mean to! I don't mean to." Sam said near tears. "Oh, Sam!" the two hugged not even the ring could break a friendship so strong. "Come on Frodo stated as they paddled out across the river to the eastern shore.

Boromir was laid to rest in one of the boats. His sword rested with him, his shield. Above his head and his split horn at his sides. Aelinaras ran after the boat fallowing the shore to the water fall. stopping a the cliff were the water fell. Holding Boromir’s family ring to her heart. "Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au'Astalder /My heart shall weep until it sees thee again Valiant one" she whispered as the boat went over the edge. Gimli watched the boat disappear. Aragorn put on Boromir's vambraces. Legolas shoved the boat into the water. "Hurry! Frodo and Sam have reached the eastern shore." he called. Aelinaras made her way back strapping on her gear. Aragorn just stood unmoving and said nothing. "You mean not to follow them?" Legolas questioned. "Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands." Aragorn replied looking the confused elf in the eyes. Aelinaras looked out into the woods. "Then it has all been in vain! The Fellowship has failed." Gimli said disheartened. "Not if we hold true to each other. We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death. Not while we have strength left." Aragorn said putting his hands on their shoulders. "Leave all that can be spared behind. We travel light." Aelinaras' voice called it was strong and determined, making her three companions look at her. She turned to them grinning, it was filled with sorrow and pain and yet it held hope and promise. "The bones of our foes will gleam under the sun “she said running off into the wood. "Let’s hunt some Orc!" Aragorn said fallowing her. Legolas and Gimli looked at one another grinning. "Yes! Haha!" Gimli said shaking his axe in the air as he and Legolas fallowed the two into the forest.

Frodo and Sam stood upon a hill."Mordor. I hope the others find a safer route." Frodo said overlooking the barren lands. "Strider will look after them." Sam replied standing by his side. "And lord knows if he doesn't Aelinaras will" he added with a small smile. "I don't suppose we'll ever see them again." Frodo said in a daze like state. Sam stepped closer to him "We may yet, Mister Frodo. We may." he said trying to life up their spirits. Frodo turned around smiling. "Sam, I'm glad you're with Me." he was smiling but Frodo’s eyes held much pain. Frodo walked onward, Sam just stood there for a moment before fallowing him down a rocky slope. And the two hobbits began their path to Mordor, Their new chapter had begun.