I'll Look After You

Gerard Way and His Purple Trees

I sat in my room before I had to go to my first day of my Junior year at high school. I didn't want to go, I would be going in the middle of the year, because it was November. I was brushing through my short black hair, listening to Green Day when I realized I had to go. I sighed, stood up, grabbed my backpack, and walked out the door. The school was only a few blocks away from my house so I got there without any problem.

I wasn't good at making friends, and people normally didn't want to talk to me. I pulled the earbuds out of my ears when she reached her locker. A guy walked up to the locker next to me. He glanced at me for a little longer than I would've liked.

He spoke when I was about to turn away. "Are you new?"

"Yeah I am," I answered, suddenly feeling shy.

"I'm Gerard Way."

"Nedina Moore." Why was I giving him my name?

"Cool name. I'm glad I'm not the only one here now with a name no one has and can't pronounce."

"Why? Gerard isn't that hard to say."

"People always say Jared. It pisses me off."

"It would piss me off too." I smiled. Was I flirting with Gerard? I didn't think so, but he might think that I am. I scatched the back of my neck, something I did when I was nervous.

At that moment, the bell decided to ring. Gerard gave me a quick smile, a small wave, and walked off to his first class. He stopped and turned around.

"What's your first class?" he asked me.

I looked at the paper I had in my hand. "Art," I responded.

"Hey, that's mine too! You wanna walk together?"

"Sure, why not?"

Gerard waited for me to catch up to him before walking to art class. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched him; his eyes facing forward, his long black hair bounching slighty, his nose. I felt myself blushing and he looked at me. That made me blush even harder and I let out a small giggle.

"Is there something on my face?" He asked with a joking tone, poking his face.

"No there isn't," I giggled.

He turned to face me when he got shoved against the wall of lockers.

"Fag," someone shouted at him. The guy looked at me. "What's a sexy thing like you doing with a freak like him?" The guy turned to Gerard, who was struggling to get up. "You're too fat, man. A fat fag. I'd watch out, gorgeous, he might rape you just to convince himself he's not a worthless fag."

"I wouldn't do that," Gerard gasped as the boy kicked him back down.

The boy looked at me and flashed a fake smile. "Name's Jace. Pleasure to meet you. And you are?"

"A bitch," I said as I kicked Jace between the legs, causing him to fall. I helped pull Gerard up and he looked at Jace. He grabbed my hand and didn't let go as we walked the rest of the way to the art room.

"I'm sorry you had t say that," Gerard whispered. "You can leave me if you want, that's what everyone else did."

"I'm not going to leave you," I scoffed. "I'm already knees deep into this. You can't make me leave now. But I have a question for you, and you don't have to answer, but are you gay?"

Gerard stopped and looked at me. "I don't know. I find guys more alluring than girls, but I'm not sure."

"You could be bisexual, I am." Nobody knew that about me, but nobody really knew me.

"Yeah, I think I'm that. And the late bell is going to ring, so we might want to go into class now." He pushed on the door to our right. "Ladies first."

"I'm no lady," I laughed.

I took the empty seat at the back table, which was also Gerard's table. We were the only people there.

Gerard wasn't lying, I thought. He was avoided like the plague. But he seems like such a sweet guy. As the teacher, Mr. Armstrong, welcomed and introduced me, I was drawing on a piece of paper. Gerard looked over and widened his eyes.

"Shit," he whispered. "You're better than I am."

I blushed. "I am not, let me see your work."

He showed me a few pieces of work he did and I was surprised. It was really good. "I like it," I admitted. "A lot of people can't draw like this."

"Thanks," he said. He looked nervous.

Before long, the bell rang. I gathered my things and walked to my next classes, finding out that Gerard wasn't in any of them until after lunch.

"I'll see you at lunch?" I asked him, wondering if he still wanted to talk to me.

"Of course, I'll be by the purple tree," he said. "You'll know when you see it."

"Okay, cool." When I left Gerard, I sighed. I wasn't that good at talking to people at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, hi guys and welcome!
*lame greeting*
This is a new story idea I came up with and I would LOVE to have your feedback. Yes I know Mikey isn't in this chapter, and it's a MIKEY Way fanfiction, but my pretties, you'll just have to wait.
Thank you for reading and fairwinds.