I'll Look After You

Knights, Scars, and Noodles.

Mikey made it a strong point to let everybody in the world that the nerd got a 'super fucking hot gorgeous girlfriend'. He was pulling me along, letting all of the jocks, cheerleaders, misfits, nerds, stoners, and everyone else know who I was. He was telling this one hot blonde how she should've said yes when he asked her out. But that it was too late for that to happen now. The blonde just rolled her eyes and stomped off.

"So, girlfriend, what do you want to do?" Mikey asked me.

"Finish the school day and hang out with you," I answered.

Mikey gave me a quick kiss on the lips. That actually shocked me. "Awesome. I'd like that."

"God, I like the way you kiss, Mikey Way."

"Aww, I'm glad. Because you're the first girl ever to experience them." He kissed me again.

I giggled into the kiss. "Stop it. I won't be able to stop myself from tearing your shirt off if you do that again. Keep it for the bedroom."

Mikey sighed dramatically. "Fine. As you wish, my queen."

"I'm a knight. I don't do the queen shit."

"I'm dating a knight with boobs! That's sexy!"

Gerard walked up. "Dude, calm your shit. A knight with boobs?"

"Yeah I'm a knight with boobs," I said, pointing at my chest. Gerard glanced at where I was pointing and then averted his eyes. I laughed.

"Don't look there," Mikey scowled. "Those are for my eyes only."

"Hey hey hey they're my boobs! I get to say who can and who can't look at my boobs. And it's not like I'm wearing just my bra."

Mikey's eyes widened.

"You okay, Mikes?" Gerard asked, moving his hand up and down in front of Mikey's face. Mikey blinked. "Mikey, you're blushing."

"No I'm not," Mikey said quickly. "I've um, got to go to the bathroom. See you guys later." Mikey stormed off and Gerard chuckled.

"He's so nervous around you, it's cute."

"Yeah, it is," I admitted. "That's why I like him."

"Please don't hurt him. I know you don't attend to, but Mikey is so insecure, it's crazy."

"I won't. I promise."

Gerard gave me a knowing look and walked off, leaving me alone until the bell rang

*****

Mikey was waiting for me outside my last class, smiling the biggest smile I've ever seen on the boy.

"Hello my fair knight," he said, reaching for my hand.

"Cut the knight crap," I laughed, letting him grab my hand.

"Fine. So, how was the rest of your day?"

I smirked. "I don't know, I haven't finished it yet."

"Smartass."

"Genius."

"I think you're sexy."

"You made that clear earlier. I think you are too."

Mikey blushed. "No one's ever said that about me before."

"I know. I'm surprised they haven't." I brushed Mikey's bangs away from the front of his face and kissed him on the cheek. "You aren't just the nerd with the glasses or the shy personality. You're something more. And I'm lucky to have you."

Mikey smiled. "You're too perfect, you know that right?"

"Nobody's perfect."

"Okay, when you look at it that way, you're the closest to perfect possible."

I rolled my eyes at Mikey. "If you say so."

By no time, we reached Mikey's house. I saw my mom sitting on her porch so I brought Mikey over to talk to her. Mikey whispered to me, asking me if I wanted to spend the night, and I said I wanted to if I could. So when I asked my mom, she looked Mikey up and down and said that was okay. But for a second she brought be to the side.

"I don't want you sleeping with him," she hissed at me. "I understand he's nice and all, but you just met him the other day. I think you're moving into this all too fast. He doesn't look it, but he could be the type to sleep with you and leave you."

"Mikey wouldn't do that," I whispered.

"You don't know that. He could be lying to you, tricking you into thinking he's something he's not. Like his brother."

"Mom? I'm leaving now. Goodbye."

I pulled away from my mother and grabbed Mikey's hand.

"What was that about?" Mikey asked me.

"My mom thinks you're going to fuck me and then leave me," I answered truthfully. Mikey's face dropped, and his face looked really pale. "Mikey, baby, are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Mikey waved me away. I saw tears in his eyes.

"Mikey, please don't cry, what's wrong? Tell me in your bedroom."

When we got there, Mikey was shaking.

"Everybody is going to think that," Mikey started. "That I finally got a girlfriend because I'm sleeping with her. 'Oh, Mikey the virgin can't get a girl' 'Mikey isn't good enough' 'Mikey can only get a girl by sticking his cock in her.' I'm sick of it." Mikey grabbed my hands together and put his over mine. "I'm not going to do that with you. I don't like being accused of that. Not every relationship is sexual and intense. I want to date someone because I like something about them and want to be their friend. I don't care how weird that is."

"Oh Mikey," I pulled Mikey to me and we stayed like that for a long time. "You're so different from other guys."

"Is that okay?"

"It's perfect."

"Or close to perfect."

"Yeah, close. Close enough to know it's there."

I smiled and closed my eyes. I only meant to just lay there with Mikey next to me, but I guess I fell asleep.

Mikey gave me a light shove. "Dinner," he whispered in my ear. I put a hand to his face, shoving him away. He tickled me and I squealed. He shoved the plate of macaroni and cheese in my face. I looked at him.

"I don't eat," I said.

He shoulders dropped. "Come on, you've got to eat something. What do you eat then?"

"Almost nothing."

"At least eat part of this. I'll eat the rest. I already ate mine."

"Mikey, please don't make me."

"One bite. That's all I ask."

"No."

"Then let me see your stomach."

I stared at Mikey. "What?"

"I need to see something. Lift your shirt up a little."

"Okay. I guess." I pulled my shirt up enough so Mikey could see what he wanted to. He let out a gasp and bit his lip.

"Baby, you need to eat. This isn't healthy." I looked down. You could easily see my ribs and my flat stomach. Mikey ran a finger over it and shivered. "Baby, you have to eat something."

I felt tears fall from my eyes. "Mikey you don't understand. I can't eat."

"You're going to kill yourself if you keep doing this. One piece of food isn't going to hurt you. Have one noodle."

"One noodle?"

"Yes. To start."

"Fine. One noodle. That's it." I grabbed the fork and poked at my plate until I got one single noodle on it. I stared at it."

"Now eat it."

I slowly put the noddle in my mouth and pulled the fork out.

Mikey looked at me. "Nedina, swallow it."

I shook my head and Mikey put his in his hands. I swallowed it and Mikey looked at me.

"Let me see your stomach, Nedina."

"What?"

"Just do it, lift up your shirt."

I pulled my shirt up so he could see what he wanted. He gasped. My ribs were clear as day. He brushed a finger over it and shivered. I didn't feel it when tears left my eyes. "What are you doing to yourself?"

I pulled Mikey's sleeve up and pulled mine up as well. I ran a finger over his scars and he shivered.

I rested my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around my waist. I ate another macaroni noodle and we stayed like that; holding each other, looking at our arms, thinking about nothing. We were both troubled in so many ways, and we just wanted to be there for one another. I loved Mikey, I really did, and I hoped he loved me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeahh.
As always, I hoped you enjoyed, my pretty pickle porcupines.
Until next time, fairwinds.
You know it wouldn't hurt to comment, right? Just so you know.