Status: A work in progress

Safe

Chapter One

Standing in front of the hospital, its doors ripped of the hinges and the glass shattered from the people and violent acts committed here, was seven very tired and scared people. Dead bodies and trash littered the area. There wasn't many places that weren't covered in blood. The smell of death and decay was prominent and overwhelming.
A male from the group, carrying what looked like a semi-automatic weapon. His eyes, sharpened by what he has seen in the last few days, searches for any sign of life. His former job had taught him all he needed to know about guns, but still couldn't train him for what he has seen recently. He walks slowly toward the front door, hoping that he doesn't find anything. As he reaches the door, he hears a sound.
He slowly opens the door. Down the hallway, there is a man, or what use to be a man. His eyes are glazed over from death. His clothes are tattered and dirty. He's dressed as a doctor. His face covered in the blood of his victims and some of his own. He has a half eaten arm in his hand. The thing, because you cant quite call it a man anymore, drops the arm. It can smell the fresh blood and flesh of the man opening the door. It snarls at him. The man raises his gun as the thing lunges forward toward the man. It gets closer as he aims for its head. He fires and it drops to the floor.
Gun still trained on the corpse on the floor, he slowly makes his way to the creature. Watching for any signs of movement, he sees none. As a safety measure, he shoots it in the head again. The brains of the thing splatter across the already blood covered floor. He looks down the hallway, which is littered with paper and blood. There is body parts laying in the trash. Various pieces of some poor people who were oblivious to the disaster that was fixing to start.
Slowly and methodically, he checks the bottom floor for anything else that might be there. As he walks through, he notes the stairwells and other exits. Finding nothing else, he makes his way towards the entrance and signals his companions that it is safe. They make their way cautiously across the lawn. Once inside, they close their way to a relatively clean room and sit down.
"Thanks, Michael."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story on here. Comments appreciated :)