Status: A work in progress

Safe

Chapter Two

As expected, everything is quiet. The three women that were apart of the group lay in the center of the room sleeping. Desks, chairs, and cabinets lined the room. The were moved there as quietly as possible earlier as to not attract any attention from anything that might happen to hear. Two of the four men were sleeping off to the side of the women, closest to the door in a way of protecting the "weaker" sex. All five of the sleeping forms had some form of weapen close at hand.
The two remaining men sat on guard. One looking out the blinds of the small window that looked out over the lawn. The other sat next to the door in a constant state of alertness.
"You dont talk much, do you?" askes the man by the window.
The man next to the window grunts and makes a will-you-be-silent look.
"You know, I doubt anyone can hear us, Michael. It's not a crime to talk."
"James, shut up." comes from one of the woman from the floor. "Leave him alone."
"Well hell, Red, I just wanna know if he can talk." James retorts.
Red sits up from her spot on the floor. She glares intently at James with her bright green eyes. "I'm going to say this nice and slow for you, James. Shut. The. Hell. Up. Or I WILL TIE YOU TO THE POST OUTSIDE AND LAUGH AS THOSE BEASTS EAT YOU." she whisper-yells at him. "We are trying to sleep." She lays back down.
"Bitch," James mutters. In a blink of an eye, Red is standing over him, her Bowie knife to his throat. She presses it to his throat, but not hard enough to break the skin.
"Yes, I am. And I will not hesitate to kill you either. I suggest you shut the fuck up now." He gulps as she loosens the blade from his neck. She glances toward Michael and noticed that he doesn't seem phased by the exchange. She sighs and walks back to her spot.
Michael gets up silently and walks to her. She looks up, with a questioning gaze. He motions towards her knife as if to hand it over. She does and inspects it carefully. He runs his thumb across the blade. "Sharpen it," he states, flatly and quietly. He walks back to his spot and sits down. Red takes out what she needs, without question, and begins to shapening her knife. She knows that some orders are given for protection, not for dominence.
Silents consumes the group again.

Suddenly, there is a rattle of chains.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Gotta love cliffhangers!! Comments appreciated :)